Status: In progress!

Fool Everyone

Chapter Seven

By the time I got home, napped, and had a much needed shower, it was time to get to the venue for the show. I didn’t even want to go, and even considered skipping out but I knew if I did that, Nick would get what he wanted, and I wouldn’t be able to put my plan into action. I took extra time to make myself look as cute as possible (not that it would do any good). As I was putting my shoes on, my bother barged into my room and I jumped.

“Jesus, haven’t you heard of knocking? Dammit, Eric!” My brother just shrugged and rolled his eyes.

“Are you coming? Because we aren’t waiting on you to do your girly shit! We’re gonna be late” he said and I rolled my eyes this time.

“I’m ready to go, for your information. Don’t give me a hard time! I don’t even want to go but I’m kind of being FORCED to!” I exclaimed and my brother just looked at me for a moment.

“What the hell is wrong with you? You’ve been in the most awful mood for the past couple of days!” he pointed out.

“I’m sick and tired of being in a van with you idiots! That’s what is wrong with me!”

I didn’t really lie…I WAS tired of being stuck in van with one idiot in particular. He didn’t look convinced but I wasn’t about to tell him the real problem.

“We’ll talk about this later. Let’s just get going, alright?”

I sighed and followed him out to the van, where the rest of the guys were waiting. As I climbed in the van I felt eyes burning into me and I tried to ignore them.

“Damn, Allison! Who you getting all dressed up for?” Justin teased and I blushed furiously. He ALWAYS liked to embarrass me and I hated him for it. I decided to ignore his comment because I knew if I said something, he’d try and force it out of me and then I’d have to kill him.

The ride to the venue was pretty much silent and Nick stared at his phone the entire time like it was the most interesting thing in the world. He looked incredibly anxious and I could tell that I was starting to get under his skin. I watched him jiggle his leg nervously and I fought the urge to smirk. I knew I was making him uncomfortable and it was exactly what I wanted. It was high time he got a taste of his own medicine. We pulled up to the venue and we had barely stopped before he pulled the door to the van open and hopped out.

“Damn, where’s the fire, dude?” I heard Andrew ask as he got out the van behind Nick.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about…” Nick shrugged, trying to play it off all cool. Andrew just rolled his eyes and chuckled, going to unload the trailer.

By the time the show was starting, I was sick of The Maine, A Rocket to the Moon, and their drunken asses. Everyone was plastered except for Nick and Garrett and I was beginning to wish I hadn’t promised my brother I wouldn’t drink tonight. We were all sitting in the back longue of the venue and John and Justin were playing some stupid drinking game while everyone else was just hanging out and talking. Nick was in the bathroom warming up his voice and Garrett was sitting around looking probably as awkward as I felt. I kept stealing glances at Garrett every once in a while when he wasn’t paying attention, and I had to admit, he was pretty cute. I had never really noticed it before, but I could understand why girls seemed to think he was attractive. He had nice hair and eyes, and the smirk he tended to do instead of smiling actually kind of worked for him. Overall, I knew I had picked the perfect person for my plan. As I was casually looking at him, he looked up and met my gaze, doing that smirk thing of his that probably drove girls wild. I smiled back and stood up, hoping he’d follow my lead. This probably looked sketchy, and it really was, but I didn’t care. I walked out the back door and sat down on the steps and not even two seconds later, I felt someone sit down beside me.

“Hey Al, what’s up?” Garrett said casually and I looked over at him and laughed a little.

“You have no idea, Gare. No idea.”

“What is it? Wanna talk about it?” he questioned.

“You’re gonna think I’m absolutely crazy because I need to ask you a favor…” I trailed off and he raised his eyebrow. I was quiet for a moment while I collected my thoughts and he gave an irritated sigh.

“Allison, come on! Tell me!” he exclaimed, grabbing my arm and shaking it dramatically. I laughed and pulled my arm away from him.

“Why am I friends with you? You’re so weird!” I retorted and he pretended to look hurt.

“I’m going to act like you didn’t say that. Now tell me what’s up!”

I told him the entire story and he looked just as confused as I felt.

“So what does this have to do with me?” he questioned and I sighed.

“I need you to pretend to be into me so I can teach Nick a lesson on how it feels to have someone play with your emotions” I said shyly and Garrett thought for a moment.

“Well..he WAS an ass to you….soooo….what do I have to do?” Garrett said in an unsure voice, like he didn’t really know what he was getting himself into.

“You have to kiss me and make it seem convincing” I replied and he laughed a little.

“You’ve really thought this out haven’t you?” he asked and I nodded.

“I’ll do it…I mean it’s just a kiss right? And then it’s over?” Garrett said.

“Gosh, don’t make it sound like it’s so terrible to kiss me, Garrett!” I joked, but knew that it was probably true, and he was only doing this as a friend. He rolled his eyes playfully and I laughed and looked down at the ground. Suddenly, I felt him tilt my chin up and before I knew it, his lips were on mine, completely unexpected.

“What was that for?!” I asked, shocked, and he gave me a strange look but before he could reply, a door slammed shut behind us and I jumped and turned to look, but no one was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS GUYS <3 I know you all are gonna hate me for this chapter so sorry not sorry :) please keep reading though! Some serious stuff is going down in the next chapter! Deanna and I love hearing your feedback so keep telling us what you think!