Status: Whenever I can.

Kissing in Cars

My Nickle Ain't Worth Your Dime(12)

“Kel, can we have food?” My brother asks, tugging on my shirt. I glance at him and shrug.
“What do you want? I’m not going out.” I warn him. He scrunches up his face in the way only adorable little 5 year olds can and stares at me. I can’t help but get a little freaked out, he doesn’t blink and just stares. After about 2 minutes he relaxes his face and nods.
“I want mac and cheese.”
“Sounds easy enough.”
“From KFC.” He tells me, already pouting in case I say no. I shake my head a little but don’t say no.
“Fine. Put on your shoes,” I sigh, walking over to grab the keys off the counter. Mom is still at work, leaving me to be the one to take care of him. Luckily it’s just Garret and not one of the other kids, they’re all kind of impossible to get to do anything.
“I’m ready! I can’t wait Kel I’m so hungry,” He started jumping a little, trying to climb up my shirt. “Carry me, carry me! I don’t want to walk!”
I smirked at my little brother and pulled him into my hips, setting him against my hip and making my way out the door. I open the door of the little VW and latch Garret into his seat. After adjusting everything and buckling up, I turn on the music. A demo CD of Vic’s band came on and I smiled slightly. I really did like his voice, it was a good voice. And his lyrics were so good, I could never write like that.
“Kel! Kel turn it down I have a question!” Garret yelled from behind me. I turned it down enough so I could hear then told him to speak up.
“Is this Vic? When is Vic coming over? Are you dating Vic? Mommy says you like Vic.”
“Wait what?” Mommy says you like Vic, that’s why you hang out with him all the time!” Shit. "No, I only like Vic as a friend silly. But, uh, what else does mom say about me liking Vic?" I ask, hoping he proves useful. Did she tell this to one of her friends? What if she suggested it to Mrs. Fuentes?
"I asked her where you were, she said with You're crush Vic. Are you mad at mommy now? Don't be mad at her Kel, please don't leave us." I look back at Garret, who's crying now, sympathetically and pull into the lot for KFC quickly.
"Hey, Garret, it's ok. I'm not mad at mom and I'm not gonna leave you guys. It's ok," I comfort him, crawling into the back and pulling him out of the seat and into my lap. I give him a hug and kiss on the head and he sniffles quietly.
"Promise?" He whispers quietly.
"Yeah, yeah I do promise you. I'm not like dad. Anyways, are you ok?" I ask, wiping his tears away and smiling at him. He nods slowly then looks up at me, big blue eyes mirroring mine, only his are much more innocent.
"I'd be better though if I got ice cream with my mac and cheese?" He smiles back, all traces of his previous cry gone. I shake my head laughing. Definitely my brother.
"Whatever man, lets just go in." I pushed open my door and hopped out, pulling Garret out after me. I took his hand as we crossed the lot, heading towards the big glass doors. As soon as we got in, the smell of boiling oil filled my nose and almost gagged me. it smelt like shit.
"Hey, how can I help you?" Someone called from the counter. I turned, expecting to see some teenage boy covered in zits and oil hair, but that wasn't the sight that greeted me. Instead a shortish boy with slicked back, in a non-disgustingly greasy way, ginger hair, and big green eyes looked at me. I traced over his face, his adorable puppy face, and down to where the counter cut him off mid-torso. He had tattoos covering both arms and medium gages in each ear. Of course, I was distracted by his mouth. His big pink mouth which was... which was moving meaning he was talking.
“Sorry, what was that?” I asked him, hoping he hadn’t been talking long. A slight blush grew over his face and he nodded a bit.
“Oh uh I was just saying I don’t believe I’ve seen you before and um I was wondering what your name was?” He stuttered out, a small smile growing on his lips.
“I’m Kellin, Kellin Quinn. You?”My stomach danced as I waited the whole 5 seconds for him to answer. Damn he is so hot.
“Matty Mullins. Oh and uh what could I get you today?” Matty, what a lovely name. Just seemed fitting to him. And what did I want? Mac and cheese for Garret and chicken bites for me? Yeah, that would be good. Not so much food so I look like a pig but enough so he’d know I ate.
“Nice name. And I’d like mac and cheese and chicken bites please.” I told him, nodding awkwardly as I finished my order. Garret squeaked happily beside me and I couldn’t help but pat his head.
“Sure, just give me a second.” Matty requested, heading into the back room. I fiddled with Garret’s hair while we waited and glanced around the small store. God this place was a dump.
“Here ya go, that would be $7.50,” The ginger told me, placing the bag in front of me and wiggling his bracelets while he waited for me to give him the money. Once I finished paying I smiled one last time at the stunning boy and waved goodbye.
“Kellin, why did you look at that boy funny? You looked at him like this,” Garret said, smiling with pursed lips and crossing his eyes.
“Oh shut up, I did not look at him like that! And even if I did it was because he is very attractive.” I explained to my brother. He nodded then told me to hurry up on the drive, he was hungry.
On the ride home, a message from Tony popped up on my phone.
Tone: Hey, party at my house next Friday. Or at Jaime’s. Or maybe Kellin’s dad’s? Anyways, party Friday, just us. You guys in?
The text was sent to us as a group and I quickly answered with a yes. This sounded good. I’d have to ask about at my dad’s, it was a good party place. And no adults to yell about our drinking habits. Hopefully he will say yeah, I don’t know why he wouldn’t.
I swerved into the driveway and hopped out, helping my brother get out as well. Garret all but drug me up the stairs and into the dark house. I tossed the food onto the table and went to get eating utensils and plates. When I came back in, Garret had started eating slowly with his fingers.
“Definitely my brother,” I teased, tossing him a plate and napkin. I opened my chicken and began eating it, enjoying the savory taste. I glanced at Garret and realized he still hadn’t wiped his hands but rather was studying his napkin.
“What’s on there bud? Secret to life?”
“No, a Mat-ty’s numbers.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's so damn short sorry>.< anyways, hopefully you guys will enjoy this!! You guys excited about Matty?;) hahahaha
thank you for all the feedback, please keep it coming!! It makes me feel more compelled to write it, and more excited. You guys are amazing(:
XOXO
Meg
p.s. I posted the new kellic I told you guys about, it's called Tangled In The Great Escape.
fuck I'm tired its 3 for me.
ENJOY I LOVE YOU ALL