Status: Updating <3

Since When Did Age Not Matter?

Night At The Bar

“So where is it that we are going to?” Adam asked as we walked down the streets I knew oh too well.

I looked over at him as he took in our surroundings. Okay I guess I’d admit it, He was beyond gorgeous. It was probably the leather jacket that made me want to throw myself at him. I bit my lip at the thought of it and focused my attention back to the street.

“A club called Crush. It’s only about a block more.” I said looking at the street signs.

I could see him nod his head from the corner of my eye. “So is this what you normally do when you get off of work?” He questioned. I looked over at him and he looked down at me. I was defiantly shorter than him even with my heels on.

“On my stressful days, yeah. I guess you could say I drink a lot.” He smirked and flashed his white teeth at me.

“That’s a good sign. I drink a lot too.” His hand made his way to the small of my back again and I could feel the blood run to my face. He noticed too because he simply chuckled and cupped his hand around my waist.

I laughed to myself. “Okay Levine, stop getting cocky.” I said removing his hand from my waist. I could tell that only made his ego bigger. He opened his mouth to respond but I cut him off. “Here.” I said cheerfully as we walked up to the bouncy club with a white sign that read ‘Crush’ in cursive.

“I’ve never been here before.” He said observing the surroundings. I walked around the back and through the back door, Adam close behind me. “Well aren’t you a little rebel.” He screamed over the roar of the music. I rolled my eyes at his comment but he didn’t notice.

I spotted the tall girl with black hair sitting at the bar, Missy. She looked over in my direction and smiled as we walked up to her.

“This is the first time I was here before you!” She said bumping my hip into hers.

I let a small smile form on my lips. “Well I had a little distraction when I was originally about to leave my house.” I said stepping aside so that she could see Adam.

Her mouth fell open a bit but immediately shut it close when she realized what she did. “You’re Adam Levine, right?” She smiled fixing her hair. I let out a small laugh at her flirtiness right off the bat.

I took a seat next to Missy and Adam sat next to me. “You are correct.” He smirked at her. Her face turned pink and she looked away, pretending to take a drink of her beer.

“Now that that’s over with.” I said awkwardly. I flagged down the bartender and she quickly came over to us, probably noticing Adam. “Can I get a Corona and Lime?” She nodded nicely and flickered her eyes towards Adam.

“Anything for you Mr. Levine.” I faked gag and turned towards Missy, away from the gawking girl.

She wiggled her eyebrows at me. “What?” I asked.

“You know what.” Missy said, her eyes lingering over to Adam.

I rolled mine and took a drink of the beer the girl sat in front of me. “You do this every time. I also tell you every time nothing will ever happen between me and who ever and guess whose been right every time? Yeah that’s me.” I said proving a point.

She shrugged. “This is different. I just know it.” She smiled.

“I’m assuming you girls are talking about me?” I looked over to see Adam towering between Missy and I.

“I guess you can assume wrong.” I said bitterly as I drank my beer. I could see Missy smile at me.

Adam put his hand on my cheek and smiled. “Darling no need to lie.” He said tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. I rolled my eyes annoyed and un-tucked the piece of hair.

“Stop being cocky.” I glared at him. I finished off my beer and walked over towards the dance floor. I wanted to have a good night, not bickering with a guy who thinks he’s the shit. I spotted a tall boy with brown hair and smiled to myself.

“You know you can’t dance alone.” I said to him over the roar of the music. He grinned at me and nodded.

“You’re quiet right my lady.” He winked at me before putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closer to him.

He nuzzled his mouth into my hair and sent chills down my spine. “So what’s your name pretty lady?” He asked loud enough for me to hear.

“Sapphire.” I whispered into his ear.

He opened his mouth to say something but was immediately pulled back by someone. I turned around to see who it was and it was exactly who I expected it to be. I rolled my eyes and groaned.

“Excuse me but can I but in?” He asked the guy I was just a moment ago dancing with.

“Dude you’re Adam Levine! Yeah dude of course!” They shook hands and the boy walked away, leaving me with Adam.

I glared at him and he once again wrapped his arms around my waist.

“You know, everyone knowing who you are has to get old at some point.” I growled at him, removing his hands from my body.

He shrugged. “Not when I have advantages like this.”

“I need another beer.” I said before turning on my heels and walking away.

The waitress saw me and instantly brought me another Corona. “So are you Adam’s girlfriend?” She asked. I took a long chug of my beer before even caring to answer.

“Not at all sweetie.” I laughed. I looked around to find Missy and she was nowhere to be found.

“She told me to tell you she had an emergency and she had to run.” The girl said, obviously knowing I was looking for Missy.

I downed my beer and slid it over to the girl. I pulled out a twenty-dollar bill and handed it to her.

“Oh don’t worry, Adam already paid for your drinks.” She smiled handed me the bill back. I bit the inside of my lip hard and tired not to scream. I took it, thanked her, and found my way out the back door.

I don’t know what it was about Adam that was making me so mad. Maybe it was my absolute hate for cocky boys with huge egos. Maybe it was my hate for guys who think they can have any girl they want. Maybe it was just him in general.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorryy this took so long to get out :( don't hate me please.