Status: hope you like it! x

Love Like A Tidal Wave

untitled

A week had passed by since the day of the concert and Tony hadn’t texted me since then, not that I really expected him to talk to me again. I’m just a dull girl with dull looks while he’s well… beautiful to say the least. I was on my way to my job in a music store called Amoeba Records when someone hit my car while I was at a stop sign. Fuck, this is just great, I thought to myself as I got out of the car to assess the damage.
“Oh God…” I said, this time out loud as I realized almost the whole bumper was falling off. Just as I was about to turn around and bitch at the driver who hit me, I heard the voice that I couldn’t get out of my head the whole week.
“Shit! Wait… Jeanisse? Fuck, Jeanisse, I swear I meant to text you I just-“
“Look Tony, I honestly could care less if you texted me or not. What I do care about, IS THAT YOU FUCKED UP MY FUCKING CAR!” I exclaimed angrily.
He seemed taken aback by my sudden outburst but quickly recovered and replied saying, “I’m sorry! I’ll just give you my insurance and tadah, problem solved.”
“Fine.” I sighed. “Just hurry up please. I need to get to work.”
He chuckled, I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to drive in that car. It’s pretty fucked up.”
“Yeah, all thanks to you. I’m just gonna pull up off the road a call a tow.”
“I’ll wait with you and take you to work. I mean, if you want?” he suggested.
“Sure, why not. Thanks.” I replied smiling a bit.
The tow truck arrived after about, 15 minutes of awkward silence he asked, “So where do you work?” while starting his car.
“Do you know where Amoeba Records is?”
“You work there?” he asked sounding surprised.
“Yeah… why do you sound so surprised?” I asked curiously.
“You don’t seem like the type of person who would work there.”
“You don’t know me.”
“Well why don’t you let me get to know you?”
I smirked, seeing an opportunity to tease him. “Yeah, okay, why don’t I just give you my number?”
“Ha ha ha.” He laughed sarcastically.
“I stayed up day and night waiting for you to text me.” I said while pouting.
He chuckled, “You look cute when you pout.”
“Ha okay, sure.”
“I’m serious!”
“If anyone looks cute while pouting, it’s you.” I blushed as I realized what I had just told him. He faced my direction and started pouting his lips. I couldn’t help but laugh at how ridiculous he looked.
“Oh God, never mind, I take that back.” I said while still laughing.
“I don’t take anything back. I still think you look cute when you pout and beautiful all the time.”
I looked down at the healing cuts on my wrist and pretended not to hear him. My looks had always been a sensitive subject for me.
“What’s wrong?” he asked, noticing my sudden silence.
I pulled the sleeves of my sweater down so that it covered my hands and looked back up at him. “Nothing.” I replied shortly.
He sighed, “Well, we’re here.”
“Thanks for the ride.”
“I fucked up your car, it’s the least I could do.”
“Well, thanks anyway.” I said reaching for the car door.
“Text me when you’re done so I could pick you up.”
“No, it’s okay, really. I don’t want to be a burden.”
“Be quiet and just let me pick you up.”
“Fine.” I sighed.
“Good. Now get your ass to work. Wouldn’t want you to be late.” He said winking.
“Whatever.” I said rolling my eyes as I got out of the car.
As I got inside the store, I got behind the cash register and began attending customers, still in awe that Tony Perry was actually wasting his time on me. The day had passed by in a blur and soon enough, it was time to go. I texted Tony letting him know that he could come pick me up. Surprisingly, he arrived about five minutes later and I made my way to his car.
“Hey.” I said once I was inside.
“Hey. How was work?”
“Boring, nothing really interesting.”
I gave him the address to Kelly’s and I small studio apartment and he began driving. After about five minutes of nothing but the sound of Tony humming along quietly to the radio he asked, “What’s your favorite book?”
I laughed at him sudden question. “What?”
“I told you I want to get to know you so what’s your favorite book?”
“You can’t just ask a bookworm what their favorite book is.”
“Well, if I didn’t ask what your favorite book is, I would have never known you’re a bookworm.” He replied smirking.
“What’s your favorite book?”
“I don’t read.”
“Oh, that’s nice.”
“Are you being sarcastic?”
“What? Me? Never.” I replied winking at him.
“Okay,” he said. “Favorite band?”
I rolled my eyes, “Pierce the Veil or Sleeping with Sirens. Don’t make me choose because I can’t and I won’t.
“You know, the guitarist for Pierce the Veil is pretty attractive.” He said cockily.
“Nah, I don’t think so. Kellin is definitely more attractive.”
“Oh really?”
“Yeah, that guy from Pierce the Veil has way too many tattoos.”
He scoffed, “We both know you find me more attractive than Kellin. Don’t think I didn’t see your background picture on your phone was me.”
I felt my cheeks get hot as I looked out the window trying to hide my embarrassment.
“That’s what I thought.” He said triumphantly, taking my silence as a confirmation of what he said was true.
“You know, the day bumped into me the day of the concert when you couldn’t stop stuttering I thought, she’s so cute and innocent. But now, I realize how feisty you really are.”
“I thought you liked girls who play hard to get.” I replied once I got over my embarrassment.
He smirked, “So you’re playing hard to get just so you could interest me?”
I stayed quiet as I saw my apartment was right around the corner. When he came to a stop I thanked him once again before reaching for the car door the second time today and said, “Oh, and by the way, I don’t need to play hard to get for you to find me interesting. We both know that.” I said winking. And with that, I got out of his car and made my way towards the apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is my favorite and longest chapter so far :3
thank you for all the subs and reads! the reallyyy mean a lot so thankyou! i hope you enjoy and if you have any sugestions or criticism, feel free to comment xx