Status: Active

Protector

The Beginning Journey

The woman offered a dazzling smile to Aziel as she gestured her closer. "My dear, this all must be overwhelming for you."

Aziel stepped forward ever so slightly and froze. "I just.. I just don't understand what's happening to me."

The woman smiled again and gently pressed a kiss to Aziel's forehead. "Shush, this is what I am here for. I am here to help you discover who you once were. My name is Paschar, the Angel of Vision. My sworn duty is to guard the veil between our world and yours. I help humans vision what is beautiful and true in this world. I am also your mother in the loosely based human term."

Aziel's eyes widened as she stammered at a response. "But you can't be real, any of this can't be real."

Paschar arched a perfect blond eyebrow. "Yet here you are, standing before me."

Aziel started to cry, feeling her legs buckle beneath her weight. She didn't fall, Paschar had wrapped her arms around her. It felt like being next to the ocean on a sunny day, lovely and inspiring. Aziel looked up into Paschar's eyes, realizing she knew the cool, blue reflection. " You're the ocean."

Paschar nodded," Yes, this is why you have always felt so drawn to it because it's the only way you could feel at home. Because your home in our realm is the ocean." The scenery shifted around them, the salt already caressing her skin in welcome. The world around her was completely different. Schools of glistening fish swam around her gently tugging at her hair. The sand felt grainy against her feet. Clumps of seaweed entangled themselves in the spaces between her toes.

All Aziel could hear was the sweet hum of the ocean's call, beckoning her to come. "Why?" Paschar placed a delicate arm around her shoulders, leading her down the small path that went to the palace. As they approached, every creature stopped and stared. It was like being Ariel. Only without the tail.

Paschar opened the door and stepped aside so Aziel could enter. "This is where you spent part of your time. If you weren't here, you were on the bluff which overlooks this place. You always said it put you at ease. Dealing with the burden of knowing is hard. It's even harder when you see watch evil take hold over Father's beloved creation."

Aziel gazed around in amazement, taking in the golden arches encircling the glowing throne. "It's so beautiful." A small fish swam up to her, nuzzling against her legs which were starting to take on a glow themselves. She gasped in surprise and touched the tops of her legs, turning them each way to get a better view. "This is impossible."

Paschar laughed," That very word says I'm possible. Yes, dear. This is real, this was once your home. Much like you regard the one back on earth. You were gifted, yet cursed at the same time. Our Father choose you." Her long blond hair shined in the light and her smile was much warmer than it had originally been when they first met.

Aziel asked in wonderment," Why did He chose me?" The water started to quake around them, the fish scattered and waves parted. Someone was coming and they sure were making a big show of it. A chariot of beautiful, rainbow seahorses pulled to a halt in front of her. A man with dark curls sat at the reins, a quirk of a smile on his lips.

Paschar bowed and greeted the lovely stranger. "Hello Micheal."

The stranger seemed pleased, a full smile on his face. He put the reins aside and gracefully dismounted from the chariot. "Paschar. And I'm assuming this is the ever lovely Raziel." His eyes pierced holes in Aziel as if he was looking for someone that he had lost. Someone he cared very deeply about.

Paschar stood up, her dress shifting slightly as she rose. "This is Aziel, the human form of Raziel. She has not fully awaken. This is but the first stop of her journey."

Micheal's brow creased, his fist clenching as he fought for words. "Why. Why can't we just tell her now?"

Aziel stood in silence waiting for Micheal to continue and was furious when he did not. "Tell me what? I need to know what is going on? Why my life is turning upside down? How to save my parents? I'm just normal teenager! I am not an angel sent by God! Don't you think I would know this?"

Micheal regarded her sadly. "My dear, you have no idea what you are. It's part of the game. You must awaken in order to realize your true mission. This is just your first stop in understanding who you once was and who you are now. I am here to guide you along the way, although I was hoping part of your subconscious had already awakened." He offered Aziel one of his hands. "Let me help you discover who you truly are. You must have known something was different about yourself. Maybe the way you thought, always above your years. No one ever quite understands you, never on the same page. It's as if you aren't of earth sometimes. Things happened that shouldn't, you see things that you shouldn't. All of this because of what you are. Because you do not belong to the Earth. You belong here. In Heaven, with the rest of us. Let me escort you on this journey and together we will stop the evil that intrudes on the Earth, the planet you have come to love as your own planet."

Aziel stared at Micheal, taking in his soft blue trousers and bare feet. His shirt was a white long tunic that touched the top of his pants. He was no ordinary person, there was no way he was human. But something about his expression should her he was earnest. He genuinely wanted to help her. If she figured out what was going on with herself, maybe she could save her parents. She tentatively reached out her palm to touch his. "Please help me. I don't know what to do or why this is happening to me. I need to rescue my parents."

Paschar touched Aziel's shoulders gently and placed a kiss to the crown of her head. "Go, you will find the answers you seek." Micheal's lips upturned into a devastatingly handsome smile as he pulled Aziel into his arms.

Micheal assured Paschar as he cradled the dazzled Aziel to his chest. " I will take care of her, have no fear."

Paschar answered with a sad, knowing smile. "I know, Micheal. You always have."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've been pretty slow updating, but I hope this was worth the wait. Please comment and tell me what you think or if you see any errors!
Thank you
--butterflywings16