Status: Completed!

Disasterology

New Beginnings

CAITY'S POV

It's been 2 months since Mike broke up with me. But, that doesn't mean i'm over him. I'm nowhere close to being over him. I'm still living in his apartment, which isn't any help in moving on. I haven't heard from Tony or any of the guys since that day. I miss them all. Especially Mike. I still follow everyone on twitter and instagram, so i can see how everyone's doing. But i pay particular attention to Mike. He seems happy. Has he moved on? I haven't been eating much, i'm too busy either crying or sleeping. I'm 100 lb now and you can't practically see my bones. Finally, i decided to get out of bed and go to the store for food. Throwing on a pair of yoga shorts, my red sleeping with sirens tee, and my beat up toms, i grabbed my keys and head out the door.

~10 MINUTES LATER~

Shortly after, i arrived at the closest gas station since i was too lazy to actually go grocery shopping, although i desperately needed to. I noticed a car that looked familiar but i couldn't figure out who it belonged to. I ignored it and killed the engine before getting out of the car.

As I was walking into the gas station, i saw the one person i never wanted to see again....Danny. Before i could run out, he awkwardly smiled at me and made his way over.

"Hey, Caity.." He said uncomfortably.

"Please leave me alone, Danny. Please." I turned around to leave, but stopped when he stepped in front of me.

"No, i wanna talk." Danny noticed how freaked out i looked and continued on with saying, "I'm not gonna hurt you, promise." I don't know what possessed me but i agreed to it.

"Thank you!" He said excitedly then grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the gas station. I giggled at seeing him jump around with a huge grin on his face when i said okay. He brought me to his car and i started getting nervous again.

"Don't be scared, i don't wanna hurt you. I just wanna talk..About what happened. Please get in?" He had a sincere tone in his voice and a pleading look on his face. I know it's dumb for me to believe him and i'm probably gonna regret this but, what do i have to lose?

"Okay, i guess..." I said hesitantly. He mouthed the words 'thank you' before getting in the drivers side of the car. I took a deep breathe then got in next to him on the passengers side.

"Um where are we going?" I questioned once i was unsure of where we were.

"This cafe i like to go to sometimes, they have kick ass breakfast!"

"Oh, okay.."

After about 10 minutes of slightly uncomfortable silence, we finally arrived at our destination. The place was small and cute. It looked like a real family friendly cafe. I couldn't help but wonder why Danny's taking me here...

"Two please." He said once we arrived at the front desk. We were seated in a secluded booth, coincidentally. After looking over the menu and deciding what i got, i couldn't keep the questions that have been on my mind since i got in Danny's car.

"Danny?" I said nervously.

"Yes?" He questioned as he looked up from his menu.

"Why did you take me here? And why are you being so nice to me?"

Danny took a moment to think before putting his menu down and replying with, "Because, Caity. I feel fucking horrible for what i've done to you in the past...And for what i almost did...The day after Andy's party, i couldn't stop beating myself up over what happened." He paused before continuing, "I'm gonna be honest with you, cause you deserve it. While we were dating and that night at the party, i was fucked up on drugs. I did things i regret and i guess the reason i brought you here is cause..Well...I wanna start fresh with you." I couldn't believe all of this was coming out of his mouth.

"What do you mean 'start fresh with me'?" I asked as our waitress came around to get our orders. I felt jealousy course through my veins as she placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, no thank you." Danny said as he took her hand off his shoulder.

"Well why not, cutie?" The whore said while twirling her bleach blonde hair between her poorly manicured fingers.

"Because, slut, i'm with this outstandingly gorgeous girl right here," He pointed to me and winked before saying, "Why would i want some $2 wannabe hooker?" She gave me the death glare before angrily walking off into the distance. Once she was out of sight, we both burst into laughter.

"That was amazing!" I said once i steadied my breathing.

"That's what i do." He said smugly before winking at me again. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Something i haven't felt in a while. And for Danny? I know i shouldn't be trusting him but i feel like he's being honest when he says he's sorry.

"Did you mean it when you said i was gorgeous?" I said shyly.

"Of course i did. I know i didn't make you feel it before, but you are. I was an idiot for how i treated you. I just hope you can forgive me and we can start fresh." He confessed with a sincere look on his face.

"I'd like that." I didn't need to say much, my smile said it all. I really do like Danny, especially how he's acting today. Hopefully that's not what it is. An act. It'd be really nice to have someone there for me again. We ate our breakfast in comfortable silence. Occasionally sharing looks followed by smiles. After Danny paid the check, we walked back to his car.

"Where do you wanna go now?" He said as he put the key in the ignition.

"Actually, Danny, I have to go to work. I'm sorry...You have my number though right?"

"Nah it's cool, i understand. And yeah i do." Danny pulled out of the parking lot and headed off to my work. We arrived not too long after.

"I'll give you a ring sometime, okay?" Danny said as i got out.

"I'd like that." I felt bold so i leaned over and pecked his lips gently. He was taken back by that, but clearly didn't mind when a grin spread across his face. We exchanged our final goodbyes, then i ran inside to start my shift with butterflies in my stomach and a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a long chapter... But thought i'd throw somewhat of a twist in the mix! What do you guys think? Should she try it again w/ Danny? Lemme know in the comments, subscribe, & recommend! xo