Status: Book 0: Prologue

Keante's Heart

A spin-off series of Noah's Arc, Keante's Heart is a romance drama about adolescents of various racial groups living in the L.A. ghetto, all the while dealing with issues and growing up in a constantly changing world.

Keante has always been at ends with authority. Rebellious, impulsive, hot-headed, and always in the spotlight at school for his thug attitude and bad-ass record, Keante is one of the hottest boys in school. Well, that was until he started freshman year at Caracas Heights High School. Now he has compete with a whole new crowd. What few don't know is that for some reason, ever since he started his school year there, he's been having weird dreams about a mysterious person--a boy beautiful beyond compare. But wait, isn't Keante straight?
So one night he goes to a party at a friends house, and suddenly crosses paths with a person with blue hair... the boy from his dreams. Now he can't stop thinking about him, but of course, straight black dudes liking gay dudes? That's crazy!

Talas is... Different.
That's the best way to describe him... He's smarter, faster, stronger, and more agile than most. And he has unnatural powers; and... he's beautiful!
Having spent his life in the french countryside, Talas has never truly seen the world--well, the Western World to be specific. But when he turns 13, Talas is told he has to move from his quiet life in France to the fast-paced urban jungle of Los Angeles, California, to live with his parents and siblings.
Forced to leave his old life behind, Talas moves to LA and begins his 9th grade year at Caracas Heights High School--the same high school his mother and Noah attended--to achieve a future in video game art and literature.When Talas finally sets foot on Los Angeles, he hopes he can be happy and live an optimistic life. Or, so it would seem. Lost, alone, and homesick, Talas's life in LA is one of dull sadness. But that's not all true; as time passes, Talas eventually starts to warm up to other students, and makes many friends.
One night, goaded by his friends, Talas accompanies him to a party to celebrate the new school year; and it's there that Talas meets Keante. As if Keante's attraction to him isn't strange, but now he's acting weird whenever he sees Talas.
Initially things don't go well, but circumstances force Keante to seek Talas's help, Talas can't but help him. Now Keante is starting to want be around Talas more often. He's even started to grow close to Talas. And Talas is starting to grow close to him too....

Alex has issues. His mom died of substance abuse when he was 6, his own family disowned him, and now a 10th grader at Caracas Heights, Alex has to deal with the boys on the basketball team. Middle school basketball star and all-around bad boy, Alex has it all; of course he has issues, but that doesn't mean he's unstable--OR does it?
And he has a secret: he loves Talas. The problem is that Talas doesn't know! He's been trying to hide it for quite some time now, but slowly it's starting to make itself known. He always kept that part hidden well, that is, until he went to Jacob's party... and was shocked to see Talas there as well. Sensing Talas's move to the US might be a stroke of unluckiness, Alex begins to have recurring memories of childhood exploits--ones he had with Talas. To Alex, Talas was the key to his freedom, and now it seems that fate may have a plan for him. Protective and sometimes overly macho to Talas, Alex loves him dearly, but will his past hurts and inner turmoil keep him from pursuing a future with Talas?

Eric is Alex's oldest best friend. They do everything together. They're almost like brothers. They shared the same joys, pains, sorrows.
But Eric has a secret of his own... He's gay, and he's been that way for years. He harbors some affection to Alex, but it isn't that simple. Having been in a relationship for years, Eric has never felt the need to keep secrets, but telling his best bud that about his sexuality is gonna take some pushing... The problem is that he doesn't what that push is... Even when he knows how Alex has issues of his own to deal with.

Randy is awkward. He's 15, shy, nerdy, and gawky. His parents are divorced, his sister is pregnant, and he's constantly harassed by the boys at the Hyperion Academy because of his quiet nature. Taking martial arts as a past time, Randy never truly knew what friendship was until he met Talas. Having moved to LA, Talas now studies with Randy under Master Shen, brother to Talas's master Jiraiya. Awed by Talas's humility and his eccentric tastes, Randy feels more at peace with a friend like Talas... maybe even love...

Sasha is the baddest bitch in the game! Five time Triple Crown Drag Queen from the House of Pomp, Sasha is "Rupaul's Princess". Always the leader of the pack, Sasha's word is law; and anything Sasha wants, Sasha gets. And with a sex-siren boyfriend like Wayne, there's no way anyone can stop him. With the Triple Crown Grand Prix Tournament coming up, Sasha is ready to breakout the big guns to win. But when Talas captivates everyone when he accompanies his friends to a small drag show, Sasha feels threatened. His insecurity only grows when everyone wants him to competing in the Grand Prix!
At first, it seems like nothing, but now Wayne is starting come onto Talas. Now Sasha wants to get rid of Talas, and if that means murder....

Delonte is the "thug king". Leader of the Caracas Brood Crew, Delonte is the god of the school. Captain of the basketball team, everyone wants to be him. Girls lust him, boys envy him, and no matter what, who ever messes with Delonte messes with the whole school! Rivals only with Keante and Alex, Delonte is second to none on campus and all obey him. That is, until Talas shows up. Now two of his best men are no longer his pawns, and his control on the school is diminishing. Delonte doesn't tolerate that! Something's gotta give!
And now it seems that Talas may need to cut out of the picture... Permanently!

Wayne is the sex-siren of the game. The biggest underground pornstar on the runway, Wayne can do whatever he wants, have he wants, and he loves it. With his seductive boyfriend Sasha by his side, the duo rules the drag show on and off stage. That is, until Talas steps in. Awed by his unnatural beauty and his abilities, Wayne starts to have thoughts. Maybe it's time to for something new... But it's not that easy. Repeatedly being turned down by Talas only furthers Wayne's intentions to have Talas be his new lover. But with Alex in the picture, things get even more hectic. Now Wayne wants Talas more than ever, even if Alex has to go...

Jason is evil. Cruel, seductive, and manipulative, Jason is Master Shen's best student. Ruthless and cunning, Jason dominates the ring and is the best fighter in the class. Son of a senator and a wealthy land developer, Jason is rich and can afford to get away with "petty things" like theft and robbery. Overall, whatever Jason wants, Jason gets.
Or so he thinks. Having been defeated by Talas 12 consecutive times in a row in less than half an hour, Jason is furious. Now tying for leader of the class, Jason hates the very ground Talas walks on. And yet for some reason he can't help but find himself attracted to him. Is this some cruel joke? He's already had bad experiences with Talas's "kind" in the past. But with everyday Talas surpasses him, Jason feels more and more uncontrollably lustful to Talas. To the point that it torments him. The city-wide Iron Fist Martial Arts tournament is coming up, and it's possible that Talas maybe chosen to fight instead of Jason. This is too much!

Banisha is open minded. Smart, energetic, and savvy, she's the spunkiest black girl you'll ever meet. And she has a crush on Keante. She really likes him, but there's just one little problem with that... She also likes Andy, a Dominican-Ghanian with a knack for computers.... Which does she love the most?

All of them, plus many more, has a story to tell; each of which has their own inner demons and angels that constantly struggle for control.

It's a new generation, and an all new cast. Can love find a way to save them? Or does fate have a different plan?

Many Noah's Arc characters, such as Chance, Noah, Wade, Ricky, and even Quincy and Brandon, are to return, along with new characters, and possibly some guest stars, such as Adele, Janet Jackson, Alfre Woodard, Willow Smith, Cuba Gooding Jr., Ellie Goulding, and Milla Jovovich.