The Meeting Place

The meeting place..

“ANDREAAAAA!!!”
Andrea abruptly scrambled in her bed trying to untangle herself from her covers, startled by the yelling of her name coming from the living room.
“Fuck” Andrea said as she fell from the bed with a loud thud.
She composed herself, and opened her bedroom door, only to come face to face with her roommate Harlow.
“Jesus Christ girl.. you sure are a heavy sleeper.. “ Harlow said handing Andrea a nice warm cup of coffee.
Andrea scoffed and grabbed the mug, “ what time is it?” she asked as she rubbed her eyes.
“ Your ass is late..” Harlow said walking back towards the kitchen.
“ You’re joking..” Andrea said choking on her coffee and suddenly in panic.
“ Does it look like I’m joking” Harlow said with a straight face. “ you better hurry... you’re gonna miss the train into the city.”
“ Shiiit” was all anyone could hear coming from Andrea’s room.

Andrea quickly got ready, she let her hair out of the braid she slept in, “ hair, check” she said as she quickly glanced in the vanity mirror she had in her bedroom. She quickly brushed her teeth, changed into black skinny jeans and a stripped long sleeve shirt, slipped on her favorite heeled booties and a printed scarf. She sat down at her desk and applied a bit of makeup. “ foundation, concealer, powder, mascara, lip gloss...check check aaaand check” She grabbed her handbag and everything else she needed, hugged Harlow goodbye and jetted out the door.

It was the just the beginning of fall so she didn’t need a heavy coat, she had a thin motto jacket on and her aviator ray bans, which of course made her feel like a total bad ass. She ran down the subway stairs, grabbed her metro card and ran to catch the subway into manhattan. “ Of course.. no seat” she quietly mumbled to herself. The trip took about 30 min and by the time Andrea got there she was tired of people pushing and shoving and grew irritated with the whole situation. Once she got to the top of the stairs all her frustration melted away, she took a deep breathe and walked towards work.

“You’re late” was the first thing Andrea heard as she walked into work... “ I know, I’m sorry” she said with a small blush creeping up into her complexion. “ whatever, hurry up I need to start” her boss said with a snap to her voice. Andrea’s boss; Kara, was a fairly older woman; she had bony, old hands and her hair was getting brittle. Even though she had a temper most times and was a perfectionist when it cam to everything she had a heart of gold, or so Andrea said. “ Okay just stand there, I have to check the lighting if I want to take solid photos today” Kara said checking the lens of the camera.
Andrea stood right in view and looked into the camera, “ perfect” kara said and snapped a photo. Suddenly the door chimes sounded and three models came in, “ ready?” kara asked looking at Andrea. “yup”

The day flew by, Andrea helped the models get in and out the dresses, helped kara with the lighting and just about everything else. “ It’s 7 pm Kara, I think i’m going to head out..” Andrea said as she grabbed her handbag. “ Ok Andrea, I’ll see you Monday.. and don’t be late..please.” Kara said with a stern look. “ Promise” Andrea said with a quick glance back at the older woman.

Her phone suddenly rang. “ Harlow..” she said into the phone
“ Hey, listen i’m in the city, had to swing by for work.. theres nothing at home to eat.. wanna grab a bite here?”
“ Yeah why not..meet me in the meat packing district?” Andrea said already walking towards the subway.
“ gotcha, see you in a few” Harlow said.

“My gosh, that dinner was delicious “ Harlow said rubbing her belly.
They were both heading out the restaurant door when suddenly a limo pulled up and a ton of paparazzi started taking pictures at the man who got out. He pushed both girls in rush to get into the restaurant.
“ rude much...” Andrea said.
“whatever...lets leave, hollywood snobs, who needs em?” Harlow said fixing her dress.
“Hey can we go into that little cafe first? “ Andrea said spying the cutest, most intimate coffee shop she had ever seen.
“ .... oh alright, but just this once..” Harlow said making her way across the street.
Andrea laughed, “ of course! when am I ever gonna come back?” she said with a smile on her lips..

Little did she know, that she was going to visit that coffee shop more than she could ever imagine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So excited for the story to continue, remember to subscribe and rec! xoxo