Status: I'll try to update as often as i can

I'll Be the One to Save You.

We Could Take To The Highway

It had been a month since Gerard had first seen Frank and he had been going in to see him as much as he physically could without being too stalker-like. He went in before he went to work, if he had time to and on the way back. He would buy essentials like bread and milk when he needed but usually just brought a chocolate bar or something like that so he could see Frank. Everyone at the newsagent seemed to know him and knew that Gerard would always be served by Frank and Frank always made that happen, to have his daily few minutes with him.

Gerard had learnt some things about Frank, not much, but he knew that he played guitar in a band, he liked the same music as Gerard and his birthday was on Halloween (he had Halloween on his knuckles). Both men were still quite shy around each other but comfortable at the same time. Frank was usually the more forward one as he sensed Gerards anxiety to speaking.

-

It was Gerards last day of work before the Christmas break, he packed up all of his things including the crappy cards he had been given from people who didn’t honestly care if he had a ‘Merry Christmas’. Checking his draws for anything he might’ve missed as he wouldn’t be coming back until the New Year, he concluded he had everything and left and headed towards the train station. The ride home wasn’t too bad as most people had already started their holiday.

Getting off the train he started his walk towards the newsagents. He kept his head low as the anti-christmassy rain soaked his hair. Entering the store he shook his head like a wet dog would shake its body. “Gerard! Oh shit you’re soaked” Frank shouted running over and ignoring the disapproval of his swearing from his manager. “Do you want a towel or something?” he asked checking over Gerard making sure he was all okay, worrying too much. Gerard laughed, “Frank im fine, seriously, just a bit wet, I’m getting a umbrella anyway, just relax Frankie”, oh yeah, they had started giving each other nicknames a week back. Frank shook his head obviously not satisfied with Gerards lack of worry for becoming ill from the cold. Nevertheless he followed him to where they sold the umbrellas, “Dude, do you sell any umbrellas that aren’t pink?” “oh um, wait here I’ll go look at the back” Frank scurried off and disappeared behind a door before reappearing with a black umbrella and a massive smile on his face. “FOUND ONE!” he shouted across the shop earning a giggle off Gerard.

“sooo, I have this show tonight, you could come? I don’t know if it would be weird since we’ve never met outside of the shop, but I would really love if you could come? You don’t have to but it would be nice” Frank asked as he followed Gerard who was now deciding what microwave meal to get. “Seriously? Of course, I’d love too! Can my brother come too?” Gerard squeaked out bouncing on his feet, he hadn’t been to a gig in so long. “yeah sure he can, gimme your phone so I can put my number in, text me later so I can tell you the details, I get off in an hour, text me then?” Gerard took out his phone and gave it to him while he was still speaking and nodded at the end. They exchanged a bit more chat as he paid for his things before saying goodbyes and leaving.

-

“I’m coming, calm the fuck down Mikey” Gerard shouted at the door that was being constantly knocked. He opened the door before running back into his room and jumping in his black skinny jeans. He was wearing his favourite skinny jeans, a misfits top, black jacket and black boots (when he got them on).

He ran around the apartment, wiping and reapplying his eyeliner, brushing his hair in different ways, changing the position of his clothes until finally his brother stopped him. “Gee, chill, you’re going to have a fucking fit if you don’t relax, you look fine, I know how scared you are for this, but to be honest he has seen you at your worst and he still likes you, come on, it will be fine, I promise you.” his brother smiles at him before wrapping him in a hug. When they pull apart Mikey grabs their phones and pulls Gerard out of the apartment before he can check himself another time. They get in Mikey’s car and drive towards the club Franks band is playing at.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a filler chapter sigh
I wanted to make it longer but i wanted Franks thing to be separate so you get a smaller chapter
I will probably update in the next few days.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

xoF