Unholy Matrimony

Three

He sniffled and gripped my arm. “Oh my God, is this… is this actually…” He choked. “I didn’t… I didn’t think this…”

“Shh,” I whispered, kissing his forehead.

He continued to cry against my chest, trying to talk every few minutes but failing. He clung to me for dear life. My shirt slowly became soaked with his tears. “I… yes, I’ll marry you, Chanyeol.” He whimpered, letting go. “We’ll… we’ll make it work.”

I smiled and pulled him to my chest again, smiling the hardest I had ever smiled before.

“I love you,” I said again.

“I love you too…” He swatted another tear from his cheek. “I don’t think you understand how much.” He leapt out of the bed and ran off without waiting for me, letting out a loud scream as he shoved Tao and Kris’ door open. I sprinted after him just as he got to telling them the news.

“CHANYEOL AND I… WE’RE… I’M GETTING MARRIED!” He screeched, jumping up and down. Tao and Kris looked up at me, confused. Tao mouthed “how?” at me and I shrugged, wrapping my arms around my boyfriend, er, fiancé. He squealed and hugged me.

“You guys wanna be groom-friends or whatever those are called?” I asked them, planting a kiss on Baekhyun’s lips. He squirmed around in my arms, still eyeing the ring. Tao nodded and Kris smiled.

“Sure. Congratulations, you guys.” He said as Tao rested his head on his shoulder. The two made eye contact, and Kris just gave Tao this… look. I knew that look. Baekhyun gave it to me all the time. I felt my stomach flip upon seeing it.

“Channie, let’s go to bed, okay? We’ll talk more about it tomorrow, baby.” He giggled, pulling me in for another kiss before skipping out the door. “WE’RE GONNA LIVE TOGETHER FOREVER AND ADOPT BABIES AND OHHHHH.” He squeaked as he ran back to our bed.

“How…?” Tao looked at me. “I was looking forward to you giving the bird suit another try.” Kris nodded in agreement, staring at me expectantly.

I shrugged. “I just… thought I should ask...”

“CHANYEOL GET YOUR SWEET LITTLE ASS IN HERE WE NEED TO CONSUMATE OUR LOVE.” Baekhyun yelled from the other room. I smiled sheepishly.

“I’ll explain later.” With that, I walked into the room to find Baekhyun sitting on the bed smiling widely. His tears had disappeared and he was now a quivering happy mess in front of me. He reached out his arms.

“Hold me!” He demanded. I laughed and jumped onto the bed, tackling him and showering his face with kisses. He rubbed his nose against mine. “I love you, Chanyeol! I love your weird nose twitch, I love your toes, I love your eyebrows, I love your ears, I love your hair, I love your shoulders…”

“Okay, I get it.” I closed my eyes and melted against him, smiling as he stroked my neck. He switched the lights off.

“I’m sleepy.” He said. I nodded in agreement, taking his hand and kissing it. We were quiet for a while. “Can I… can I sing to you?” He whispered in my ear. I nodded. He took a deep breath and began humming “Marry You” by Super Junior in my ear. I looked up at him.

“Super Junior? Really?” I giggled. He nodded. “You really are gay.” I sighed, closing my eyes again.

“I thought it fit the occasion.” He chuckled before continuing. Halfway through the song his voice began to fade and I noticed he had fallen asleep. I squirmed out of his embrace without waking him up and tiptoed over to Kris’ room.

He was hanging up the new clothes he had bought and Tao was curled up in a ball, sleeping soundly. Kris looked at me and held out his arms.

“Congratulations!” He cheered in a voice just above a whisper. I ran into his arms and my eyes stung with tears. He patted my back. “Hold on, are you seriously crying?” I nodded and hugged him closer.

“Yeah, I am.” I replied. “I didn’t think I would either but… whoa. I don’t think I’ve been this happy since Baekhyun bought me fried chicken the day I broke my ankle.” I shook with sobs. He laughed and I could just tell he was rolling his eyes at me.

I moved away, wiping my tears on my sleeve. “But seriously, how would you feel though? Knowing that you get to go and spend your life with someone you genuinely like. It feels nice. It makes me happy to know that he likes me enough to take that step with me.”

“Yeah, I’m sure that would feel awesome.” He laughed, sitting on his bed and patting the spot next to him. “Sorry I’m not talking a lot. I just don’t wanna wake up my panda.” He said, looking over at Tao, who was snoring softly.

“Your… panda?”

“Doesn’t he look like one?” He gushed. “Anyway, you and Baek. What happened?”

I teared up again. “The moment felt right… so I just… asked him. And he said yes. I have never been so happy, Kris.” I hugged him again. “I… I’ve wanted this for so long and now it’s actually going to happen. I was so scared he would say no and tell me he didn’t love me enough or he was scared to but… I’m getting married, Kris.” I sighed, rubbing my dripping eyes.

He nodded again. “Really, congratulations, Chanyeol. I’m incredibly happy for you.”

“I am too.” A small voice muttered. I glanced over to see Tao peeking up at us from under the sheets.

“How long have you been awake?” Kris blinked at him.

“Long enough to know you think I look like a bear.” He narrowed his eyes and hid under the sheets again. Kris sighed and walked over to sit next to him.

“Don’t be sad, bears are cute.” He patted the lump in the sheets, smiling down at it.

“I’m gonna go.” I said awkwardly as Kris straddled him. Tao peeked up again.

“Congratulations.” He smiled before turning back to Kris. Kris nodded in agreement.

Once I shut the door, I flopped down on the couch. I smiled to myself, thinking about Baek and how excited I was. Over the past hour, I had begun to love him ten times more than I already did, if possible. I thought about sixth grade, when we first met and stuck chewed gum on his bullies’ lockers. I thought about the first time I went over to his house and we broke a window while playing an aggressive game of soccer. I thought about the day he told me he liked me.

I felt my eyes welling up again and I smiled to myself. I loved Baekhyun more than I had ever loved anything.

“Yeollie?”

I jumped when I heard his voice. I turned to see him leaning against the doorframe, his eyeliner smudged and his messy hair in his eyes. He smiled and walked over to me.

“What are you doing up?” He asked.

“I should ask you the same question.” I blushed, smiling at him. He sat down next to me and took my hand, kissing my knuckles. He paused and looked up at me before resting his head on my shoulder. Slowly I reached my hand up to stroke his hair.

“Chanyeol.” He whispered. “I just want to let you know that this was the best day of my life, okay?”

I nodded. “Mine too.”

“I love you.” He yawned, kissing my cheek. “I’m too excited to go back to sleep.”

Nodding in agreement, I took his hand. “Wanna go tell Luhan?” I asked. He nodded excitedly and practically dragged me out of the room next door to Luhan’s dorm, knocking about 50 times excitedly. Luhan answered in nothing but a pink bathrobe with his hair slightly wet.

He cocked his head to the side, eyeing us suspiciously. “What are you guys doing here?” He asked quietly.

Baekhyun jumped up and down on the balls off his feet. “We have news for you!” He squeaked.

Luhan bit his lip, nervously glancing behind him. “Now’s not really a good time…” He objected, looking around cautiously. “Um, I’m doing some last minute homework, you see.”

“Luhan?” A voice from behind him called. He froze up, biting his lip. “The water’s getting cold and I’m lonely.” I recognized the voice as Sehun’s, Luhan’s younger roommate with the lisp. Sehun walked out in a towel, his hair equally wet.

“I’ll see you guys later, okay? Sorry, I just really have to finish this essay so bye!” Luhan nodded at us before slamming the door. “Sorry, Sehun-ah! Anyway, how about round two?” We heard his muffled voice from the other side of the door.

Baek’s eyes widened. “…How old is Sehun again?”

“Let’s not talk about this anymore.” I took his hand and stared at the ground, unsure of what exactly to do next. After a few seconds, I felt Baekhyun tug my hand eagerly, nodding towards the stairs. I followed him up the stone steps to the roof. He ran over to the edge and motioned me over.

Once I got there, he slowly snaked his arms around my waist, burying his face in my shoulder. For a few minutes, neither of us said anything. Finally, he looked up at me, smiling. “Can we get our tuxes from the place on ‘Say Yes to the Dress’?”

I giggled and kissed him. “Of course, baby.”

All of the sudden he turned and looked out over the entire town. “I LOVE PARK CHANYEOL.” He screamed as loud as he could. I laughed and held his waist.

“AND I LOVE BYUN BAEKHYUN.” I yelled in response.