Status: active, updated twice a week hopefully....

What Kind of Man That You Are

They lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you.

"Lindsay, is there something happening between you two?" Matt asked again, still looking right at her, now showing more concern on his face.

"Why does it matter if there is or isn't, Matt? Because, to me, if there were something happening, then I would be the only who knows and needs to know. It's my business, not anyone else's and it's definitely not your fucking business at all." Lindsay finally answered the man, after staying silent for five minutes.

"Well I just think you shouldn't rush into anything with him. Lindsay, he's a known player." He responded, sitting down, pulling her with him. "I just don't want you to get hurt by him." Matt finished saying, meaning every single word he just said to her. He couldn't imagine her being hurt anymore. He had hurt Lindsay bad enough and she is just now becoming her old self again. Lindsay just sighed and put her head on his shoulder.

"How about I just take things slow with him? I don't know where we will end up anyways, Matthew. Plus I just want me and you to be the best friends we used to be before everything happened." She finally said after thinking everything over and was thinking about the things Matt just told her.

She didn't want to get hurt again. Matthew had hurt her bad enough and she knew that she was just now her old self again. She misses the crazy times she had with all of her friends, even though two were her brothers.

Lindsay's POV

"I'm going to go back into the living room, Matthew. The guys have been waiting on you long enough and I'm taking up more time. I don't need to keep you away from your band mates and friends." I said while getting out of his lap and walked out of the kitchen.

I couldn't stand being in the kitchen any longer. I was going to go insane if I did. I just needed to get away for a bit and think everything completely over. I don't know why Matt would even say that to me. It's not any of his business if I get together with Brian, even though I want to.

"What took so long?" Jimmy asked me, the first one to even notice that I had come back into the living room. The others just nodded as if asking the same thing, as I took my seat next to Brian.

"Nothing. Matt just wanted to talk about us going back to being best friends again." I lied, well half-lied. I leaned back in my seat as Brian put his arm around me, pulling me into his chest. I'm not going to lie but I really do want a relationship with Brian. It's so easy to be around him and he always treats me like a princess.

"So what are we going to do today since we go on tour in two days? I say let's do something fun, like go to the boardwalk." Zack said, looking at everyone for response since Matt had reentered the living room. We all just nodded in agreement looking back at him.

"That sounds awesome. BUT IF I SEE A STALLION DUCK, I'M GOING TO CATCH IT!" Jimmy said in a very loud shout, with the most serious look on his face. Then he got up from his seat and walked out the door, waiting outside for the rest of us to follow.

'Only Jimbo would care about a stupid duck that he can never catch one at the park since it's bigger than the others.' I thought and laughed to myself. We all got up from our seats, followed Jimmy outside and got into the cars. I rode with Brian and Jimmy. Matt said he would meet us there because he had "someone" to pick up and apparently the person was a surprise. My brothers and Johnny went to get the Berrys since they were a part of the tour as well.

It took what seemed like forever to get to the boardwalk but it was only fifteen minutes until we got there. We were the first ones to arrive, of course, so we just waited and talked in the car.

"Lindsay, what's wrong?" Brain asked concerned, grabbing my hand and holding it.

"Yeah, Lindz. You haven't said a word on the way here. That's not even like you at all, to be quiet. You are normally excited to go to the boardwalk." Jimmy said, showing a lot of concern on his face.

"Guys, it's nothing, okay? I'm just nervous about being away for two months. I'm going to miss this place for awhile. This town is all that we know and have known." I said to them, reassuring them that nothing was wrong. They believed it, for now anyway.

Jimmy's POV

After Lindsay told us nothing was wrong, I didn't believe it at all. Brian seemed to though. I could tell he really liked her, which is cute. They are both my best friends and they deserve to be happy.

We waited twenty more minutes before Johnny, the Baker boys- as I call them- and the Berrys arrived. Now all we were waiting on was for Matt and the surprise to arrive. Soon enough, about ten minutes later, he pulled up in his car, with a girl in the passenger seat.

I took off my sunglasses because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. The person I was staring at was the girl that left me four years. The love of my life.

'Am I dreaming right now?' I thought to myself. I can't believe Jamie is back in Huntington Beach after four years. She left us when she was fifteen because she chose some guy over our family.

"JJAAMMIIEE!!!!" Lindsay screamed in my ear, running towards Matt's car.

I noticed that there was a car seat in the back. When did she have a kid?

"How have you been?" I heard Jamie ask Lindsay. I didn't hear Lindsay's response though. "How's Jimmy been?" I heard her ask again. This time I did hear Lindsay's response.

"He hasn't been the same. You left suddenly and hurt all of us, Jamie. Do you know how many times I've had to take care of him because he would drink the pain away? Do you know what it's like when you have to watch at night while he sleeps and you hear screaming in the middle of the night?" Lindsay asked her.

It was clear that Lindsay was still hurt too. Can anyone blame us for being angry still? Matt is still pissed at her. Me? Well I'm hurt, pissed, and shocked that she bothered showing her face again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lindsay's Outfit

Sorry it's short. Next one will be better!
Next chapter will be in Jimmy's POV.

<3
Lindsay

Chapter title- Gunslinger