‹ Prequel: Land Ahead.

Strangeness and Charm

Chapter 2

“You’re getting pretty pathetic with the mistletoe there, Jones.” I laugh as I look up at Killian. There’s a smile on his lip as he stands next to me with a thing of mistletoe above my head.

“Oh come on Hart, where is your holiday spirit?” He smirks.

“I spent all night wrapping presents, my holiday cheer is in that coffee pot.” I chuckle as I point to the coffee pot that’s brewing my ‘holiday cheer.’

“You’re such a buzz kill.” He groans, lowering the arm that’s dangling above out heads.

“And you’ve been hanging out with our son too much.” I chuckle, but place a peck on his lips anyway; anything to get him to stop the pouting. “Happy now?” I ask. He just smirks before walking away; just as Morgan runs downstairs. “Merry Christmas Honey.” I laugh as he tackles me into a hug. He then lets go and hugs his dad. I can’t help but to smile at the sight. That smile immediately turns into a frown and I shake my head before going back to making breakfast.

After breakfast, Morgan gets up off the floor and heads over to the DVD; putting in the movie we watch every Christmas. Peter Pan. I can’t help but to chuckle, causing Killian to look over at me. “What’s so funny love?”

“You’ll see.” I reply as I gather up the plates and head into the kitchen to clean up.

As I’m washing the dishes, I hear Killian scoff, followed by him yelling. “Bloody Hell, I don’t look like that!” I laugh loudly, causing Killian to walk in and glare at me. “What’s so funny Hart?”

“Nothing Jones.” I say in between laughs. “It’s funny how you’re getting worked up over a cartoon.”

“How could they think I look like that!?” He rants. “I’m not that ugly.”

“Disney makes all villains look horrible so that people don’t feel bad for them in the end.” I explain. “They don’t want kids to hear about the damsel in distress falling for the cruel pirate; it’s not good marketing.”

“They rather girls have unreal ideas of love than show the other side of things.” He muses, catching on.

“They want girls to believe only the good can love; that their Prince Charming can only be a prince and not a pirate.” He shoots me a smile before walking over to me; finally getting what I’ve been trying to say. He puts a hand on my cheek and begins to lean in. Just as our lips are centimeters away, Morgan’s voice rings through the house.

“Dad, come on; watch the movie with me.” Our son whines. Killian rest his forehead on mine.

“Go on, your son is waiting for you.” I say. He lifts his head and kisses my forehead before walking away. I just sigh and I continue to clean up. That was a close one…
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to do a few holiday chapters and stuff like that while I'm trying to think about what should happen in Land Ahead.

comment&subscribe?