Facing the Obstacles

Chapter 8

"Heidi, are you coming? You're taking forever!" I yelled up the stairs of our house.
"One minute! Getting ready is very important for a girl; of course, you wouldn’t know!"
After a few more minutes of complaining, she finally came down.
"There, happy? You royal pain," she added, smacking me with her bag. We got in the car and I started for the movie theatre. I had turned sixteen a few weeks ago and now had my license. Heidi was still cautious to get in the car with me, but so far I had managed not to crash.
When we finally got to the theatre, we found Zach and Clarabelle waiting for us. Cameron and Nathan would be there soon, so we paid for the movie, bought our refreshments and went to go find seats.
After a few minutes, they arrived.
"Hey guys," Cameron mumbled, sitting down with a gloomy look on his face. "That girl, Daphne, stood me up. She told me she'd meet me in the park about an hour ago."
"I'm so sorry Cameron, that's terrible!" Heidi said, hugging him.
"If I'd known it was Daphne, I would've warned you," Clarabelle said. "That girl's an idiot."
"It's okay, I should've figured..." Cameron sighed.
Nathan sat down with the redhead.
"Hey guys, this is Trina," he said, motioning to his date. "Trina, this is Tom, Clarabelle, Heidi, Zach and Cameron."
"They don't look like much," she sniffed. "...But I suppose they're as awesome as you told me."
Nathan looked offended, but he quickly wiped the expression off his face as the movie started.
About fifteen minutes into the movie, I heard Trina say, "Wow this is stupid. She's obviously cheating on him, but of course he has to play dumb. They make movies all the same these days! So predictable! Jeez, out of all the movies, we come to THIS one? It sucks!"
I was so tempted to turn around and smack her full in the face, but I refrained. Clarabelle turned to me and took hold of my hand, giving me a look that said 'it'll be fine, just ignore her.'
Cameron, who was sitting on my other side, looked at me. I'm pretty sure we were feeling the exact same way.
We continued watching it and again, fifteen minutes later, Trina decided to open her fat mouth.
"Nate, do you want to go see the kids' movie? Because I guarantee it'll be better than this crap."
"No, Trina," he replied, patiently. Wow, if I was him, I'd be ripping my hair out by now! I looked over at Zach and Heidi, who both looked at me like 'this chick is crap!'

We came out of the theatre a while later, all of us in a bad mood, trying not to show it. Trina would not shut up. Nathan was continuing to stay patient with her somehow, while I wanted to kill her.
Once we arrived at our destination for dinner, (an Italian restaurant), Heidi, Zach, Cameron, Clarabelle and I all grouped outside before Nathan and Trina came over.
"She's a nightmare," I said; everyone else nodding in agreement. "How are we gonna tell Nate to drop her?"
"After this is over, I'll tell him," Cameron decided.
"Sounds good," I added as the pair walked over.
We walked in and got a table, ordering our beverages.
"So what are you guys up for?" I asked the group. "Pizza or spaghetti?"
"Ugh," Trina started, as everyone rolled their eyes. "Pizza has WAY too many calories, plus, what are we? Eight year olds?" she chuckled to herself. "Don't even get me started on spaghetti. It's slimy, there's always too much sauce, it's fattening and you always end up disgustingly dirty afterwards. I think I'll just stick with water, thanks."
Despite Trina's complaints, we ordered pizza. While passing out plates, Trina angrily stated to the poor waitress, "I don't want a plate! I'm not eating your garbage!"
"I'm so sorry!" Cameron exclaimed to the upset waitress. "I swear, I didn't want her here!"
Meanwhile I was fighting the urge to become violent and Zach looked like he was ready to start swearing at her.
"We're going to go wash our hands," Heidi and Clarabelle said.
"I have to use the restroom too," Trina declared, as if we really wanted to hear her voice.
"Nathan...." I started, as the girls left.
"Yeah, I know she has strong opinions, but she's really a nice girl."
"Nate, I hate to break it to you, but she is not as sw---," Cameron said, as a scream resonated through the restaurant.
Heidi came out of the bathroom sopping wet. "SHE IS THE DEVIL!" she screamed, sitting down at our table.
"Dee, you need some new clothes. Here, I think I have some extras in my car, I'll be right back," Zach said in a caring voice.
Clarabelle and Trina came out.
"The faucet wasn't working right, I swear," Trina smirked.
Grabbing a piece of pizza, Clarabelle smeared it all over Trina's outfit. "Yeah and my hand wasn't working, sorry," she added, as Heidi grabbed a piece as well and stood up.
Cameron was stifling his laughter and I didn't even bother to stifle it. Zach had walked back in and was watching, a huge smile on his face.
"You bi---," she started, but not before Heidi smeared pizza all over her face.
"Oh look, it matches your hair!"
Wiping it off her face, she screamed, "I'M LEAVING!"
"FINALLY!" Heidi yelled in her face, grabbing Zach's clothes and going back to the restroom.
"Oh, and you almost forgot your water," Nathan added, throwing the contents of her glass at her face. "We're done."
She stalked off, cursing at random people.
When Heidi got back, I placed a check on the table, we all grabbed a piece of pizza and left.
"Victory is ours!" Clarabelle yelled throughout the parking lot.
"You're a keeper," I smiled.
She kissed me and Heidi and I drove home, a lot happier than we had been a few hours ago.

So now I'm beginning my junior year. Clarabelle and I are still together. This year, whether I knew it or not would be one of the hardest of my life. Senior year would be a lot worse, but for now my life was fine, so let's allow that to last at least for a little while. Spare me. Please.
Oh and note to the reader: Tom Norris does not take the blame if you end up in tears by the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe, thanks!