Saint Fidelity

Devilyn Cummings

I felt a hand clamp down on my shoulder causing me to snap my head up and look up into the blue eyed boy from earlier. His grip was firm and tight. His face was thin and worn out, telling me he was about 20 or 21. I watched him as he moved down to his knees beside me and held my stare. In the blink of an eye be was smiling bright and cheerful.

"Hi there, I'm Louis!" His cheerful-ness threw me off guard. I slowly back away from him. He pushed his thin lips into a pout. "Don't be afraid. I'm just trying to be nice." I slowly nodded. "What's you're name?"

"Devilyn. Why.. What are you doing?" I was in shock. Normally people didn't talk to me. I was only used to the annoying nurses and my friend Macie talking to me, but this was scary.

"I'm trying to make friends, but I see you think I'm crazy. Well I tell you, I'm not crazy! I'm sane, you're the crazy one!" The boy's face turned to a scowl. He stood to his feet and marched off to the other side of the room, leaving me to think. I don't know why, but I was drawn to him. When he sat down, I was slowly standing from my chair and walking past a messy blonde haired boy and Macie, all the way over to Louis.

"Why did you do that!?" I shouted at him. "That's no way you make friends." My cracked lips were pushed into a thin line as he looked up at me.

"I'm sorry, he was just being himself. William is always like that. But, I really want to be you're friend. No you don't Louis stop." Right before my eyes, I had never seen something so.. so entertaining. This person was arguing with himself! Then I remembered.

"He's got multi-personality disorder..."

"Stop!" I huffed as the boy in front of me kept bickering with himself. "Louis, William, whoever you are just stop."

"Sorry. No you're not you're such a wimp. William, stop!"

Smack!

"Well what was that for? Louis, stop being a baby, that didn't hurt, he's just a wimp." I rolled my eyes. I could get out a word without this lad talking to himself. Though, I'm not any better.

"God, is this how I am?" I bite at my lip once more before I felt Louis/William's finger on my lip.

"That's a bad habit. You should stop." It was the nicer of the two, so I'm assuming it was Louis.

"I've got quite a few more habits." I said lifting up the him of my shirt, showing off the scars and scratches from one of my recent tantrums. Louis shook his head.

"That's not something you should be proud of." It was William talking. "Going out and just showing off scars like that won't make you cooler." I narrowed my eyes at him. He did the same back.

"I didn't ask for your say." I pushed myself up and went to walk away until his hand latched onto mine.

"Don't go, he didn't mean it." Louis poked out his bottom lip, his ocean eyes were drowning me in the innocence of them.

"You're lucky I find you interesting Louis." He smiled.

"Very lucky."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if Louis is a bit confusing. William is the dick part of his ego while Louis is the nicer part. Hope you enjoy.
-K