He's Not Coming

She's So Afraid of F-f-f-falling in Love

Since the day El said that she didn’t believe that prince charming was real, husband was real, or else, she avoided herself to talk about love. She never tweeted about love, she never talked about love, she never made a fiction about love, she never dreamt about love… Her life was filled by university things. She believed that she was taken by opportunity. Anyway, that was ‘single’ means. Whenever she saw a guy that was her type, she will turn to another direction. She closed her door. She afraid of fall in love.

“Hey,” El startled, and caught Ervine sat next to her. She was too drowned into her Subculture: The Meaning of Style book.

“Shoot! You surprised me!” El said exaggeratedly.

Excusez-moi,” Ervine said, and giggled. “Don’t be too focus on reading! I can smell your brain crosched!”

El giggled. Ervine is her bestfriend, but sometimes she asked herself why Corrie never been jealous. “London’s weather was unstable lately, huh?,” Ervine said. His blue eyes stared at cloudy sky above them. “Gloomy. Pretty much like you.”

“Hey!,” El smacked Ervine’s shoulder softly. She did it softly, but Ervine still felt hurt. El has a strong hand.

“Anyway, how was last night?” Ervine said. His eyes stared at football team in the field front them. Suddenly, El felt like she was ate munchies when she stared at Ervine blue eyes that match to his pale skin and brunette hair. His bangs sometimes fell to his eyes––sexy. El never fall in love with Ervine. She knows anything about him; his immature, late enrolled university, smart, her best discussion partner, best poker player, best Uno cards player, best secret-keepers, El’s best friend, and Corrie’s overly-attached boyfriend. Sometimes El dragged into her daydreamt when she was with Ervine. There was something that pulled El from Ervine… But, what was that? “Did you tell your feeling to Alcott?”

El snorted. She looked around. Tribune wasn’t so crowd. There were just them and few football players’ overly-attached girlfriends were sat pretty far from them. She knew that Ervine and her didn’t look like a couple. Many lecturers had said that they were kind of look liked brother and sister. “I didn’t tell it,” El started at the field. Louis, the football captain just made another touchdown.
Suddenly, one of Ervine’s songs on his playlist echoed in his head.

She's not afraid of all the attention
She's not afraid of running wild
How come she's so afraid of falling in love?
She's not afraid of scary movies
She likes the way we kiss in the dark
But she's so afraid of f-f-falling in love, love


“What?,” Ervine said exaggeratedly. Flabbergasted.

“I don’t know,” El said. “I was like a doofus last night, listened to his some worships about Alessia, and I was sick of it.”

“Ah,” Ervine said. Another friend-zoned for El.

“Sometimes I really hate myself,” El squawked. “Why I always gets friend-zoned? Am I not beautiful enough? I don’t have anything! I don’t have much money, I’m not fashionable enough, I don’t go to Selfridge, I go to Jack Wills instead, I’m a queen of Starbucks––“

“El,” Ervine cutted off. “I hate when you complaint about yourself,”

El snorted loudly. Ervine stared at El, and smiled down benevolently. “Want to hear from boys?,” Ervine said. “I’m a boy, okay? Here’s I think about you; you’re pretty, you’re so original, okay? What’s so important about you go to Starbucks, Jack Wills, or else? I don’t even care.”

Well, I just hope that there is some guy like you. El snorted again. He stared at the field. Ervine always says that to El really often, but it will never change El’s mind.

“Look at me,” Ervine clutched El’s hand. El looked at him. Suddenly, felt like she was ate munchies again. “I’m not rich, and do I look so charming?”

“I guess it’s pinch of luck,” El said cynically.

Ervine snorted. He gave up. He thinks it was useless. Sometimes El sort of curt, but sometimes El sort of sombre.

“Hey, guys!,” Ervine and El turned their head toward the owner of that voice. A slim-slender girl that looks likes a swimsuit model with soft and smooth blond hair. Everybody in the tribune, even in the field looked at her. It was Alessia Day, the most beautiful and popular girl in University of London, unfortunately El’s best friend. Her legging made her legs looked so long. She sat next to El, and crossed her long leg. “Hey, hey!”

El snorted, winced, and smiled icily. She again. One thing that made El happy was she sat next to Ervine, and Ervine wasn’t going to fanboying, stoned, stammered, or even became clumsy. Ervine was typical of guy that doesn’t looking for beautiful girls. He got his own type.

“Where’s Paisley?,” Alessia said. Her fake shrill voice like thirteen years old girl made El about to throw up. “Where’s Corrie, Stanley, Norton and Luke? We are sort of big group, sticks together.”

El giggled, but sounded like fake giggle. Ervine gave her "respect her, and don’t show that you’re hate her, please" look, but El gave her icily look instead. She opened her book and read again. “Paisley and Norton studied in the library,” El said. She kept reading on her book, sick of Alessia’s face. “Well, it’s actually a date, but they persisted that they were studying.”

Alessia giggled. “Where’s Corrie, Ervine?”

“She’s in music rehearsal for charity with Stanley and Luke,” Ervine said. “It’s strange why El didn’t come involve…”

El snorted, and looked at Ervine. “I’m busy. Charity can wait.”

“Ooooh ostentatious!,” Ervine teased El.

El rolled her eyes, and began to read her book again.

“Hey El,” Alessia said giddily. “Do you know Aidan Hastings? He asked me to a date tonight!”

“Oooh yeaaaayyyy,” El said, pretend that she was excited. Anything that El could predicted about who’s Alessia’s next date always right. She already even sick of it.

“How about you and Alcott?,” Alessia said giddily. That question seems like a zonk for El, but even such a disaster if Alessia was asked it. “Is it going well?”

El shrugged. “Yeah… It didn’t go well.”

“That’s sucks! He such a doofus!,” Alessia said exaggeratedly. “You are beautiful, you know that. He will eat his own words, and he will regret it.”

El won’t tell what was actually happened last night to Alessia. Her responses always the same, "You are beautiful, you know that. He will eat his own words, and he will regret it."

Alessia’s phone vibrated in her coat pocket. She took a peek. “Oh, gotta go! Arthur wants to see me! Bye!”
Ervine and El waved to her as Alessia went. Arthur? Who’s that again?
***