Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 5: Going Home

James was the one who ended up taking me home because Kaylee and Jorden decided to fly off. Jake sped off into the woods just because he could and didn’t really care how I got home. I texted Tori to tell her I was fine, and she told me that she made it to my house safely. The guy chasing her eventually left when he couldn’t find her anymore, she packed up her clothes and left because she had to go to work. I was a little nervous and on edge about the thought of a vampire taking me home. I mean is he really that nice of a guy, in movies vampires were sometimes nice then turned into killers, but who knows maybe he really is this kind.
“Are you feeling ok?” James asked me as he pulled out of his driveway.
“Yeah why wouldn’t I be?” I asked him, it was like he knew what I was thinking.
“Well because your heartbeat is racing,” he said glancing at me then looking back to the road.
“Sorry,” I replied. I keep forgetting that he can hear my heart beat. Being around vampires is going to take some serious getting used to, my whole perspective on fairytales and legends is changing in one day, I honestly don’t know what to believe anymore.
“It’s fine, I’m kind of used to it because Kaylee’s always around.”
“How did Kaylee meet Jorden?” I asked him
“About two years ago she ran her car off of the road and into a river. Jorden just happened to be there so he broke the window and pulled her out.” James explained.
“So that’s how she got out of her car, everyone just figured the force of the water broke her window, then she just swam out.”
“No, she was unconscious when Jorden pulled her out, she must have hit her head from the impact of her car hitting the water. Jorden brought her back to our house and we gave her vampire blood,” he replied turning into town.
“Kaylee’s a vampire?!” I asked shocked.
“No, no, no, vampire blood heals humans, we was just trying to heal her because she had a bad concussion and would have died.”
“Oh, you scared me for a minute,” I said relieved.
“I could tell,” he said, I could see his fangs came out to the sudden quick pace of my heart.
“Sorry.”
“It happens all the time, it’s mostly just a habit,” he said smiling. For some reason I wasn’t scared of him, I actually felt safe, but why?
“Ok, which house is yours?” he asked turning onto Maple St..
“That one,” I replied pointing to a two story house, it was white with navy blue trim and doors.
“Well here you are,” he said parking in front of my house.
“Thanks for everything,” I said looking at him and touching his hand.
“Your cold,” I said slowly pulling my hand back.
“yeah that’s what happens when your like me.”
“Oh.”
“And your welcome, just be more careful.” he said looking at me with his golden eyes.
“I’ll try,” I said getting out of his truck.
“Sorry about your pants,” he said to me when I stepped onto the sidewalk and off of the road.
“It’s fine,” I said looking at my ripped jeans where they had to cut them to get to the wound.
“Your leg should be healed by now,” he told me right before speeding off in his truck.
“How?” I asked myself confused of how that was ever possible, I just hurt it a couple hours ago. Then it donned on me, he must have given me vampire blood, gross!