Sequel: Stained
Status: Stay tuned for book 2: Stained

Two Worlds Combined

Chapter 6: Tori and Kaylee

The next day I called Tori and told her to come over. As James said my wound was healed, and there was no scar, it’s like I never even hurt my leg in the first place. That vampire blood is amazing stuff, but I’m kind of grossed out about me drinking that stuff, I thought they were giving me actual medicine. The good thing is that I was kind of out of it when they gave it to me, so I didn’t taste it. I threw away the jeans, they were useless now with all the rips in them.
“Knock, knock.” I looked out my bedroom window and Tori was finally here. I ran down the stairs and through the living room and opened the front door.
“Hey Tori,” I said letting her in.
“Hey Mya,” she said as we went up to my room.
“So how did you get away from the guy that was chasing you?” Tori asked me.
“I climbed a tree and hid,” I told her knowing it was a lie. What was I supposed to tell her that vampires existed and Kaylee’s boyfriend Jorden was one? That was too much for Tori’s brain to handle she loves vampires and always tried to get me to believe that they were out there, I was not going to give her that satisfaction of telling me I told you so.
‘That’s a good idea,” Tori said.
“So how did you get away from the guy that was chasing you?” I asked her curious, I wanted to know the whole story.
“Well I took a shortcut through the woods back to your house, I was already in your house by the time the guy caught up with me. He had no idea where I went, once he was gone I got my stuff and went home.” Tori explained.
“Oh, good plan,” I said smiling, I was so glad we was both alright. Well I was still thinking about this whole vampire life or world that I just found out existed.
When Tori left that evening I called Kaylee because after work she always goes to her boyfriend’s house. I wanted to learn more about the vampire brothers so Kaylee agreed to pick me up and take me over there after she got off of work. Now that I was 18 my mo didn’t care where I went as long as I told her who I was with. Kaylee picked me up at 3:30 and we talked in the car on the way there.
‘I didn’t know Jorden was the one who pulled you out of your car.” I told Kaylee as she pulled out of my driveway and headed out of town.
“Yeah, he saved my life.” Kaylee replied smiling.
“Seems like that’s what all the brothers are good at, saving girls,” I said remembering James when he carried me through the woods.
“Jorden and James don’t have the evil in them to kill or hurt humans, now Jake he could care less. Jake likes being a vampire if you couldn’t tell.
“Oh I kind of figured.” I replied remembering how Jake’s fangs were always out when I was at their house, his eyes were always golden yellow too.
“If i were you I’d stay away from Jake, he might bite you if he had the chance,” Kaylee warned me.
“Has he bit you before?”
“Yeah, but didn’t get a chance to drink my blood because Jorden just happened to come into the room right when he bit me. Jorden threw him off me and like almost ripped his head off, James had to step in.
“Oh, why didn’t you yell out for help or try to fight him?” I asked confused.
“Well he glamour me to stay still and to be quiet, so I couldn’t move or speak, he was controlling me it’s a horrible feeling.” Kaylee explained, I could tell she was still horrified by the memory of it all.
“I’m sorry.” I tried to give her sympathy, now I was officially scared of Jake.
“It’s fine, and don’t worry about Jake he wont touch you if I have anything to say about it.”
“Thanks.”
‘So what do you think of James?” Kaylee asked with a smile as she turned down a dirt road that led into the woods.
“Oh my goodness he is so gorgeous,” I told her smiling and blushing just thinking about him.
“I know right, who knew vampires could look so good,” Kaylee smiled back. “So I see you have a crush on James.”
“I do not,” I said blushing even more before I could stop myself, I also had butterflies in my stomach.
“You know you do,” she said pulling into their driveway.