Il Mio Bellissimo Angelo

Chapter 4

Lucifer’s POV

Melina thought that she was so smart by moving away from the states. But just because she moved across the world did not mean that I was not going to find her.

Maybe I had been a tough forward when it came to following her and her daughter around, but I didn’t mean any harm. I was just watching over my ‘investment’.

Angel was going to be mine and I wanted to make sure that no harm came to her. But there have been some perks to watching over her. As I continued to watch Angel grow up, I got to see her grow up from an awkward little girl to a magnificent young woman. Her looks really suited her name, she truly is an angel.

Moving to Italy definitely opened a few doors for her and her mother. They both learned Italian and got perfect tans. But I also brought them closer to Melinda’s side of the family.

From my perch across the street, I could see the amount of food that Melinda had prepared for Thanksgiving dinner. As I continued to watch and listen in, I heard Melinda ask Angel to run to the market and I knew this was my chance.

I know it seems strange when I say that I have fallen in love with Angel. It is true that I have never met her or even spoke to her, but by watching her grow up I have seen the woman that she has become. She is such a sweet, caring girl not to mention she is beautiful.

That is why I decided to take a chance to talk to her. I followed her all the way to the market and formulated a plan in order to meet her. I saw that she was about to walk out of the door, so I walked directly at her and bumped into her making all her bags fall to the ground.

“Mi dispiace tanto [I am so sorry],” she apologized to me in Italian before dropping down to her knees.

When she spoke Italian it sent a shived down my spine and made me feel things that I have never felt for a human before. “Don’t worry about it,” I told her as I joined her in picking up her stuff.

She got back up to her full height and just stared into my eyes. When she looked directly into my eyes it felt as if she was looking directly into my dark, tainted soul.

“Here,” I handed her the bag that was in my hands with a sincere smile on my face.

“Thank you. I’m Angel, and you are?” She introduced herself needlessly as she took the bag and smiled back at me.

I didn’t really want to introduce myself to her because I thought that she would put two and two together. But I didn’t want to come off as a jackass to her. Not when within a month’s time she would be mine.

“My name is Lucifer.”