Il Mio Bellissimo Angelo

Chapter 5

Angel’s POV

I stared at the man in confusion and slight fear when I heard his name. It was almost like I should be afraid of him, but I don’t know why.

“It’s nice to meet you, but I have to be getting home.” I informed him as I pointed towards my house.

I could see sadness appear in his eyes but he nodded his head anyway. “I understand. But can I see you again?” He questioned while the fear of rejection shone in his eyes.

I reached into my purse and pulled out my cell and handed it over to him. “Give you number, and if you have a phone I will give you mine.” I told him with a giant smile. I had no idea why I was doing this, but when I looked into his eyes I couldn’t say no.

His smile brightened as he reached into a pocket and handed his phone over to me. I quickly entered my number into his phone before we exchanged them back. But before we parted, he did something that I did not expect especially from a stranger.

He planted a kiss on my cheek.

As I watched him walk away, I raised a hand to my cheek and couldn’t help thinking about the man that I had just met. For some odd reason I felt a connection to him, one that I couldn’t quite explain. It was almost like I had met him before or something but I couldn’t figure out where.

I shrugged it off before making my way home to spend some time with my family. Cause somewhere deep inside I felt like this would be the last time I will be able to do so.

Image

FF: 1 month
*Angel’s birthday / Lucifer’s collection day*

The past month, I have pretty much spent every spare minute that I could with Lucifer. And by some miracle I have started to fall in love with him.

Today was my birthday and ever since I woke up this morning, my mom has been acting very strange, even when the rest of my family was over to celebrate.

The sun had set quickly and it was now pitch black outside and I was expecting Lucifer. I was resting in the arm chair in front of the window, occasionally looking out to the dark streets. At one point when I looked outside, I saw red eyes staring right into mine, causing me to gasp and drop my book to the floor.

“Angel, are you okay?” My mom questioned as she ran into the room and frantically looked around.

“Mom! Mom, I’m fine.” I reassured her as I rushed to her side. Resting my hands on her shoulders, I tried to figure out what was wrong with her. “Mom, what is with you today? What’s wrong?” I asked her, feeling concerned about her.

She sighed before leading me over to the couch and sitting us both down. “When I was pregnant with you, I was diagnosed with a condition known as placenta previa. And when you were about to be born, I made a deal with someone to save our lives,” she explained.

“Okay and what is so wrong about that?” I questioned, started to get even more concerned. “Who did you make a deal with?”

She looked down at her hands, which were intertwined with mine, that rested in her lap. “I made a deal with the devil.” As the words left her mouth, the lights in the house went out and the fireplace turned on.

“That’s not all, now is it Melinda?” A familiar voice called out from the darkness, drawing both of our attentions.

My mom stood in front of me protectively, “you will leave my daughter alone Lucifer,” she demanded.

I gasped and jumped to my feet when he stepped out of the shadows, his eyes glowing red. “Lucifer?” I questioned in shock, “what are you going here?”

“Melinda, why don’t you tell her the rest of the story?” Lucifer responded with an evil smirk crossing his face, making shivers of fear and dread spread throughout my whole body.

My mother turned to me solemnly and placed her hands onto my arms. “When I made the deal with him,” she nodded her head in Lucifer’s direction, “I promised him something in return…”

“What did you promise him?” I asked her feeling scared.

“I promised him you,” she replied as she started to break down into tears. My mouth dropped in shock and I shook my head in disbelief. “I’m so sorry.”

When I thought about what my mother went through in order to bring me into this life and the complications that arose, I understood why she did it. I let out a sigh and stared at Lucifer over my mother’s shoulder. Now it made sense as to why her had a name like that, he was the devil and he was here to take me away.

“I guess I have to go with you then,” I murmured as I moved to stand in front of him, to see kindness in his eyes.

“Yes, it is time…” he began to say but was interrupted by my mother.

“No!” She yelled, “Please don’t take my daughter away from me, please!” She begged as she wrapped her arms around herself.

He let out a sigh as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his side, and for some strange reason I felt absolutely calm. “I’m sorry Melinda, but it is time.” My mother started to sob louder. “But, I won’t keep her away forever,” he concluded with a gentle smile.

My mother and I both looked up at him shocked, not quite understanding what he meant.

“What do you mean?” I asked him as I turned to face him a little.

“I mean… I know how much you mean to your mother and she to you. I’ll allow you to visit every once in a while,” he explained as he looked into my eyes before looking between the two of us. “Does that satisfy you both?” We nodded our heads enthusiastically. “Good, now say goodbye so that we can be on our way.”

I walked over to my mother and wrapped my arms around her tightly. “I love you mom, so much. And I promise to visit as soon as I can.” I told her sincerely as tears fell from my eyes and onto her shoulder.

She nodded her head and ran her fingers through my hair, something she had always done in order to calm me down. “I love you too, my sweet Angel.”

I pulled away from her and headed back to Lucifer’s side. He nodded in acknowledgment to my mother and told me to close my eyes. When I opened them up again, I knew that we were now in hell.

“What are you going to do with me?” I asked him, fearing for my life.

“I am going to make you my wife,” he responded bluntly before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

As I wrapped my arms around his neck to reciprocate the kiss, I realized that this deal with the devil might not be so bad after all.