Status: Currently re-writing this. Comments and Recs inspire me to continue! <3

Turn My World Upside Down

Fred Weasley

“You’re going to be explaining what?” Ron asked walking back in after Madam Pomfrey went to get him for me, giving me a little extra time to plan out what I was going to say.

“I feel kind of bad about this… but I had to do it so I could get in here. I mean, if I hadn’t then I probably wouldn’t be able to even get on the train in the first place getting mobbed and all…” I said trailing off.

“Kati, it’s fine, as long as you’re not a mass murderer or something it’s cool, just spit it out.” He said chuckling at me.

“Have you ever heard of Kati Parks?” I asked him.

“Yeah… She’s cool, everyone here likes her. A lot of us actually have posters of her in the bedrooms and all.” He said probably wondering what that has to do with things.

I started to crack up at that. So I randomly walk into someone’s room and see myself all over the walls. Maybe even on the bed sheets. That would be a crack up.

“What?” He asked “What exactly does this have to do with anything”

“It kind of has to do with everything.” I said looking down, still trying to figure out how to tell him that I have been lying to him and the others.

“What?” He asked laughing, “It’s not like you’re her twin sister, although you do look quite a bit like her.”

“Ron, look closer, would I look more like her if I had blonde hair, with highlights, or if I was wearing glitter and glam clothes, or if my eyes were green?” I asked him looking straight into his eyes.

“What are you talking about?” He asked completely confused. I groaned.

“Come with me!” I said grabbing his wrist and dragging him towards the Gryffindor common room.

“Can I ask where we are going?” Ron asked.

“The common room!” I said still trying to figure out what I was going to do.

“And what are we going to do then?” Ron said a bit startled at my sudden outburst.

“You’ll see.” I said finally figuring out what I would do.

“Okay then?” He said.

We walked for another minute until we got to the common room. Ron had to show me where it was and all because I still hadn’t found my way around yet. Once we got to a picture of a fat lady who is extremely tone deaf.

“Ah, are you two going to be responsible in there?” The fat lady said.

Both Ron and I talked at the same time. He said, “Shut up!” and because I have been conscience in this place for about two minutes I yelled, “You can talk?”

“Yes and no.” She said smiling wickedly at the confusion that she just gave us. After a moment she gave up and said, “Yes to talking, no to that extremely rude comment from you Mr. Weasley.”

“Gosh, are all paintings this annoying?” I asked the painting stifling a laugh.

“Before someone starts screaming, we really should get in.” Ron said.

“Well you would need to have the password for that.” The painting said smirking once again.

Ron cussed under his breath. “We missed the feast, we never got the password, please just let us in!”

“Sorry, no password, no entrance.” The painting said.

I groaned and hit the wall with my fist, impatient to get in so that I didn't have to morph back in the halls. At this point I probably only had forty five minutes until I had to change back.

“Kati, calm down, we’ll just wait for someone else to come here and let us in too.” Ron whispered in my ear so that the painting couldn't hear. His breath on my cheek sent a shiver through my body.

“Fine” I said, walking away. I got a safe distance away from the portrait and sat down. I started to crack up.

Someone walked up behind me.

“Not right now Ron.” I said crossing my arms over my chest, trying to concentrate onrush I'm going to do.

“Who said it was Ron, love?” The voice asked me covering my eyes. I froze up. Last time someone had covered my eyes everything went really bad.

-------

“Tell us what we need to know, and there will be no need to hurt you” My father’s voice echoed in my ear.

“I will never, ever give you the information.” I said clenching both my teeth and fists at the same time.

“You will or you will pay the price. Tell us where he is!” My mother said.

“No!” I screamed ripping off the hands that were around my eyes.

I backed away looking around the room. It was completely gray and really dirty. There were no windows and only one door. At the moment there were thirteen people in the room everyone but me was a Death Eater. My parents, Marissa and Todd Parks; Drako’s father, Lucius Malfoy; Bellatrix Lestrange, Crabbe, Goyle, Fenrir Greyback, Yaxley, Selwyn, the Carrows and Rookwood.

They all had their wands out pointed at me. I didn’t have mine because when they took me in here they took it from me. “Tell us where he is, and exactly what to do to get to him!” Goyle told me.

“Never.” I said.

“Diffindo!” Crabbe yelled. I felt a sharp pain on my cheek and felt hot liquid running down my face, I screamed out in pain. “Tell us now!”

“I will never betray my friends.” I spat at Crabbe fighting off tears, he slashed my face and it was pretty deep, the cut ran from my eyebrow to my ear, then back up to my lip.

“We could make it a lot worse than this. Tell us, or we will have to.” My father said without any remorse.

I was already used to this, so I knew what they meant. It happens a lot. No one knows about my parents, so I can make friends, but sometimes the people I make friends with are people who have something to do with someone Voldemort wants.

This certain time they wanted to know about Oliver Wood. I had gone on two dates with him when he came to New York to visit his Uncle. My parents found out who he was immediately notified other Death Eaters of it to come and try to get information about it.

“You tell us what you know, or we will take some… let’s say, extreme measures.” Bellatrix spat at me.

“No!” I screamed, “I have told you! I will never betray any one of my friends!”

“Then you will suffer!” Bellatrix screamed, “Crucio!”

------

That night, I got a huge scar running along my face, and many on my arms too. This went on for hours. It happened a lot too. Every time I had even the slightest thing to do with absolutely anything I would be interrogated, and that meant tortured. But I never gave away any information, ever.

But because of all these memories when the mysterious person put his hands around my eyes I jumped, I screamed, and I turned around so fast, still back in the moments that were the worst times in my life.

But it wasn’t my father, or any Death Eater for that matter. It was just a regular boy, who looked a lot like Ron actually. So I said hi.

“Well Hi, yourself.” The boy said, smiling. “What was that whole scream about? I think that you scared me more than I scared you.”

“Who ever said I was scared?” I asked him batting my eye lashes. “Maybe you were the only one who was scared.”

“Me scared, of you? I highly doubt that, you’re too cute to be scary.” The boy said smirking.

“Your not too bad yourself.” I flirted, smirking softly.

"Well, my name is Fred. Do you have a name, beautiful?"He asked shoving his hands into his pockets and leaning against the wall.

"I'm Kati." I replied, mimicking him.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you." he said, laughing at my copying him.

"And the same to you." I said. " but I do have a question.”

“Shoot.”

“Are you by chance one of those Weasley boy’s?”

“Aw! What? Is it that obvious?” He asked me faking an extremely sad face.

“Your hair kind of gives it away.” I said, raising my eyes and smiling.

"Alright, well, I am aWeasley. That over there," He said pointing to Ron, “Is my brother.”

“Well, your brother and I missed the feast, so we don’t have the password and the fat lady won’t let us in because she is just stupid and...” I started to rant.

“Relax love, I have the password right here.” He interrupted while pointing to his head.

We walked toward the portrait to see Ron yelling and her yelling back. “Whoa, whoa, whoa, Ron, calm down, little bro! It’s just a painting.” Fred said. “Flantlemuffin”

“What?” I said extremely confused with his new word.

“That’s the password, love.” He said smiling. The portrait swung open to reveal a large room that was full of red and gold furniture, and looked homier than I had ever felt.

“Wow. It’s amazing in here!” I said in awe of how cozy it was.

“It’s just a room, love” Fred said laughing a bit.

“Yeah, I bet your place is better than this.” Ron said.

“Ha. Yeah right” I said. Wops! Wasn’t supposed to say that. But it’s true, sure we had stuff like this in my old house. It is actually a lot fancier than this, but it’s not homey.

But then I remembered it’s not like that anymore, I don’t have to worry about that anymore. I’m free. At least, that’s what I thought.

“So Kati, what was it that you wanted to show me?” Ron asked me.

“Oh!” I said snapping out of my little fantasy and back into the real world.

“So?” He said looking at me with anticipation.

“Yeah, yeah, wait here, okay?” I said already running up to Hermione.

“Okay?” He said unsure.

“Hermione I need to talk to you!” I said finding her on the couch talking to Luna and Harry.

“Okay?” She said letting me pull her along up to the room that is supposed to be mine.

“Um, I have to tell you something, but we don’t have much time. You know how you said I looked familiar?” I asked her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello again! I'm sorry if I don't update fantastically. I'm also writing a coping skill book, Completely Unrelated. You should go check it out. Sorry for the short and stupid chapter. I love you guys!

Here's the link to Completely Unrelated: http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/500580/Completely-Unrelated/

Comment or you'll go into flashbacks about Death Eaters torturing you all because of one very attractive ginger covering your eyes.