Status: Active

Unexpected Events.

Chapter Four- The Forest.

Alyssa sat herself up, letting out an exasperated sigh. She scratched her head as she still tried to put all the events from the night before. She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a knock on her door. She raised a brow, "Come in?" Seth opened the door, rubbing his face. He sat himself besides Alyssa, sighing the same exasperated sigh as Alyssa did moments ago. They were definitely related. Alyssa tilted her head, something seemed wrong. "What's up?" She questioned her older brother. Seth pulled his bottom lip between his teeth. "I have to go for a couple of days," he mumbled. "I need to go pick up stuff". Seth shrugged, he already had his bag packed and it sat by the door. "I'd make you come with me but it could get messy". Alyssa laughed it off, "I'm not a little girl Seth. I can look after myself," she spoke in a smug tone. "Besides, you taught me how to fight, so what could go wrong?" Seth smiled weakly and kissed his younger sister's forehead before standing up. He didn't want to leave her but he had to. He had things to take care off. He gave Alyssa a set of final warnings and instructions before departing.

The truth was, he wasn't going to pick up drugs. Although there were some bad creatures out there, Seth knew some good ones. Including his best friend from when he was younger. His best friend, Tom, was a werewolf. He was the one that told Seth everything- about monsters, about him and Alyssa, about their grandmother's disappearance. He taught Seth how to defend himself and how to kill the other monsters that were searching for them both. Tom had rang Seth just before, telling him he had a lead on the things that took their grandmother. That's all Seth needed to be told to get up and leave.

Alyssa listened to the door shut and Seth's car purr off into the distance. She didn't want to ring Carly, she didn't feel comfortable around her anymore for some reason. She jumped off her bed and pulled a coat over her shoulders and headed out the door.

She had decided to go back to the forest. She had passed out there which meant something would've let her there she'd decided. She jumped onto the bus that took her close to Sam's house. Once it had arrived, she fluttered down the steps and continued to walk down the street. Her hands were stuffed in her pockets- it was staring to get chilly this time of year. Alyssa found herself to be half running past Sam's house and she didn't quite understand why.

Once Alyssa arrived at the forest, she took out her phone. She unlocked it, ready to make an emergency call if need be. She had her fists clenched and she crept through the forest. Her heart was racing. It was dark and gloomy but Alyssa normally didn't scare easy. She seen light up ahead and furrowed her brows in confusion. There were no more houses that she knew of in the area. She snuck up to a bush and peered through, seeing what the light showed. Her eyes widened and she fought back a gasp.

A group of people she hadn't seen, well at least she didn't think so, were sat in a circle. They were all holding hands and chanting something in a different language. That wasn't the part that made Alyssa gasp though, the part that made her gasp was the three corpses that were piled in the middle of the circle. Their throats had been slit if Alyssa could see correctly. She pulled out her phone, typing down the words they were saying. Sure they were in a different language but she could sound them out and google the correct spellings when she felt safe.

The group stopped chanting suddenly, dropping their hands. One of them stood and moved their hand. All of a sudden the deceased were up in flames. Once they had burnt out nothing was left. Alyssa couldn't believe her eyes. She focused on the one that was standing as they started to talk.
"I have been told that the brother has left town on a lead," the woman laughed bitterly. "Which means the girl is all alone. We have made this sacrifice to receive more power and as you just seen, we have received. I have good sources telling me that the brother will be away for a week or more so we have plenty of time to get her".

Alyssa gulped when she realised they must be talking about her and Seth. She got up to hurry away but she stepped on an old twig which caused the sound of snapping wood to ring throughout the air. She didn't even check to see if they had noticed before Alyssa sprinted off out of the forest, dropping her phone in the meantime.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter, this is kind of just a filler.
I love you all!