Status: Complete

Troublemakers

Flying Thing

"Hey, thanks so much for driving me to the airport. You're the best parents ever," I smiled at my mom in the rear view mirror as we grew ever nearer to the airport. She returned the smile and my dad hummed as he checked his email AGAIN on his iPhone. My parents, especially my dad, have never payed much attention to me. As a child, I would see my parents busy with work while I would spend time with my sister, Lizzy, and our nanny, Andrea. Our family only spent a small amount of time together on our one family vacation when I was 14.

Sounds strange but, even though my parents are rich, we have never flown anywhere on vacation. We've sailed on a cruise ship to the Bahamas and I've gone on lots of road trips with Harley's family, but never flown. This was my first flight ever and, needless to say, I was terrified. They say flying isn't that bad. I could easily sleep through it. I can sleep anywhere, but I had my doubts. I wouldn't be able to sleep during takeoff, however, because I still hadn't sent Alison all of my paperwork that she needs tomorrow. I was running late and by time I get there it will be time to board my flight. I'll have to sit and send email after email of paperwork. And I have to pay a fee to use the plane's wifi. What kinda shit is that?

We pulled up to the airport; my mom and dad exited the car behind me. I went around to the back to grab my bags out of the trunk. I grabbed two, mom grabbed my carry on while dad took hold of my other two bags. Don't judge my overpacking. I have no idea how long I'll be gone.

We all hurried through the airport to luggage check then to the gate only to find that my flight had been delayed. By two hours.

I got up at six to finish packing, get ready and get to the airport by nine o'clock to catch my flight. At least I didn't miss it. Now I have until maybe ten o'clock, maybe an hour and a half left to go. Time to chat with the folks in the meantime. My parents and myself walked over to an area to sit and talk.

"So honey, how long will you be gone?" Mom gave me a sad smile. It hurt her to see me going so far away.

"I don't know. The boys are gonna keep me as long as they need me I guess," I shrugged. The word "boys" set off an alarm in my father's head.

"Boys? What boys?" He lurched to reality, looking up from his emails.

"Nice to have you back on earth, Daniel," my mother sniggered. It always made me giggle when my mom got smart with my dad.

"Calm down dad. They're just a boy band and all I'm there for is to illustrate their book," I shrugged.

"Do you know who the author is? Do you know his name?" My father continued to interrogate.

"HER name is Victoria and I've never met her. I'm sharing a hotel room or some sort of apartment with her," I shrugged once more. Once my dad found I was sharing a living space with another woman and not a strange man, he relaxed. He's a regular protective father when he wants to be.

"Your sister will miss you terribly. You know how she idolizes you. Did you call her to tell her that you're leaving?" My mother crinkled her brows together.

"I didn't. Damn, I forgot to tell my own sister goodbye. I'm a horrible older sister," I smacked my head with the palm of my hand; my mom rubbed my knee reassuringly.

"Watch your language," my dad mumbled. He knows I swear perfusely. I don't know what he wants me to do about it. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone. I pulled up Lizzy's contact.

Elizabeth, preferably called Lizzy, is my fifteen year old sister. She does the whole fangirl thing with boy bands and shit. She's into mainstream and shit but she acts just like me, even tries to dress like me, when we have sister time alone.

"Hello?" She sweetly answered.

"Hey, sissy. Um, I'm leaving the country, like now. I just called to say goodbye," there was simply no other way to say this.

"H-how long w-will you be gone?" She sniffled. I winced at her sadness. We really were close; she was my best friend and I don't have many of those.

"I don't know; as long as they need me, I suppose," I sighed apologetically. I should've told her in person. I feel really bad now.

"T-they? Who's they?" She stuttered. She knows I work for her favorite teen mag and that I photograph celebs.

"One Direc-"

"Aaaaaahhhh!" I threw my phone down. Good thing I have a case on that shit so it doesn't get broken when I travel. She squealed right in my fucking ear. As soon as I could no longer hear her scream from the speakers of my iPhone, currently chilling on the airport floor, I picked it back up and put it to my ear cautiously.

"What the hell? Nearly blew my fucking ear off, Liz."

"Language," dad snapped. I waved him off.

"You have to send me pictures. Skype me whenever you guys hang out. I want to meet them; when can I visit my big sis in England?" She forgot that this was my job, not a fucking get away. She was asking me to do shit that may get me fired.

"No promises. Maybe you can visit when Harley flies out to see Niall," I teased.

"As long as neither of you fuck Harry, I'm good. He's mine," she teased back, making me giggle uncomfortably. That's like what Harry said to me that day at my house.

"Now you're mine."

I'm pretty sure you can't own a person. Whatever, it's not like I actually wanted the D. It's just a work relationship, right? He apologized for his behavior and now we are friends, right? Am I stupid for trusting him so easily? Maybe.

"Yea, will do," I finally said. "Well I gotta go. They're about to call my flight," I lied. I still had at least an hour before I actually had to leave.

"Oh, alright," her tone was sad again. "Talk to you later Iris."

"Talk to you soon Liz."

She hung up the phone. My heart broke a little. I love my sister. A tear surfaced my eye and threatened to fall.

"Honey, we have to leave soon," my mom informed me.

"Oh, of course. You guys go ahead; I'll be fine from here," I smiled and stood to hug each of them. They left and I was free to call my other best friend. I pulled my phone back out, pulling up Harley's contact and pressing call.

"Hello?" She answered cheerily. I feel bad for not saying goodbye to her in person as well.

"Hey, I'm leaving really soon and I needed to say goodbye," I sighed quickly. "You're gonna come visit me in England, right?"

"Of course, babe. Are you alright? You sound like you're gonna cry," she sounded concerned.

"I just got done saying goodbye to Lizzy, and she said that neither of us better touch Harry cause he's hers. Even though she's only fifteen and I would never let that creep touch her without me keeping a close eye on him, I still feel bad that he gave me a love bite and kissed me and massaged me," I sobbed as I lost all of my tears. Good thing my makeup is waterproof.

"Babe, don't feel bad. Like you said, she doesn't need to be with him. He's too old for her. Plus, it's not like you're dating him. Even if you were, she shouldn't have a say in who you're romantic with," she speeched to me. She always had a thing for giving speeches, but this one made sense. It's not like I'm with him, or even want to be with him. I'll just stay away from him for my sister's sake, and the sake of my mental health. We're friends, nothing more.

"Delay has been lifted for flight 9:20 to London. Passengers may board your flight at the designated gate," the woman over the intercom said cheerfully.

"That's my flight! Sorry I gotta go, Har. Bye, I'll Skype you when I get settled in," I rushed as I picked up my bag and ran toward the gate.

"Ok, babe, talk to you then," she said and hung up.

I showed the ticket person my required shit and I was free to board the plane. As I found my seat, I sat down and sat up my laptop. I pulled out my phone and set it to airplane mode. I settled into my seat as a small blonde girl and her mother, looking identical, sat in the two seats next to me. I smiled at them both and we minded our individual business until I finished my paperwork and put away my laptop.

We were already in the air when I looked out the window. Holy shit, when did we take off? My seatbelt is on still. That's the last thing I remember before I lost myself in my work; the woman put on her daughters belt then her own. I assumed I was to do the same, so I did. Now their belts were off and that meant mine could be too.

When I finished with everything and was relaxing into my seat, I looked over to the two females sitting beside me.

"You're pretty," the girl said, looking up at me with big green eyes.

"Thank you, so are you. What's your name?" I replied as sweetly as possible.

"April," she said smiling. She couldn't be more than maybe five.

"And I'm Alexa," her mother offered a hand for me to shake. I took it and released her. Maybe this flying thing wouldn't be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Finally the story gets interesting! I'm pretty sure you guys are gonna like the Tori parts way better than the Iris parts. Sorry, viralstorm is a way more experienced writer than me. But she is coming up next. 5 comments and she'll post it.

Commenters:
imbetterthenyou
ILoveNiallHoran
taylooooooooooor
sportsfanatic19
Martykk