Status: Complete

Troublemakers

There It Is

BUZZ BUZZ

Is it just me or is my phone buzzing agressively loud? It was probably seriousy late but I wasn't asleep because I was working on editing some photos that I've been putting off for a few days. I blame it on Harry.

I looked over to my phone on the nightstand.

Speaking of Harry...

"Hey what's up?" I answered. I sounded rather cheery for it to be nearly three in the morning.

"Something's wrong. I'm coming to get you," He rushed. It sounded like he was riding in the car with the windows down. I always did that when I'm upset. Then it hit me, something is seriously wrong.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Are you in trouble? Are the others okay?" I was worried to the point of uncontrollable babbling.

"It's not me or the guys. It's Tori. Zayn called and said she's crying and saying that she needs to go home. They were hoping you could calm her down so I'm coming to get you," he spoke more calmly into his end of the phone than I did. "Be ready and out side in about ten minutes."

"Okay," I exhaled, trying to catch my breath again as we both hung up.

I jumped off the bed, sliding my sneakers on without socks. I grabbed my apartment key and shoved it and my phone into my bra.

I ran into the room next to mine, viciously flinging the door open and flicking the lights on. I ran over to the two sleeping figures in the queen-sized bed, pouncing on them.

"What the fuck Iris?" Harley moaned as she realized I had landed on her.

"No time to explain but Harry and I are headed for the airport and I have no idea when I'll be back. Bye," I hopped off the bed and ran out the door. I ran through the apartment and just as I was about to close the door, I saw the confused faces of the two girls I had to leave behind. "Don't wait up!" I yelled before slamming the door and running into the elevator.

I rode the elevator down to the lobby. I opened the complex's front doors, feeling the cold night air hit me. To make matters worse, Harry hadn't shown yet.

I sighed and shook my head. I shivered, rubbing my arms to create friction.

I can't believe I forgot my jacket. I guess I was in such a rush that I forgot to grab it on the way out.

Well don't I feel stupid? I'm standing in the streets of London in my pajamas at three in the morning. I have my phone tucked away in my bra and no socks on with my sneakers.

Wow.

Oh, the things I'll do for Harry. I mean Tori. Well, both really.

I silently thanked Harry as I saw his car pull up to the curb. I climbed in as fast as I could, placing a kiss to his cheek.

"It's cold as balls out there," I laughed as I buckled my seatbelt. I looked up to see his confused face and laughed even more.

He shook his head. "Americans," he chuckled.

I was right about the windows. He did have them down but he had on his thick brown jacket so he probably wasn't very bothered by the cold.

I smiled over to him and he smiled back. He rolled the windows up and I felt the warmth take over.

We rode in silence for the most part except for the radio, which was on a low volume. I assumed he had this whole episode on his mind and didn't feel like talking. Most of my time in his car was spent watching his features. He didn't take notice of my staring but before I knew it, we had arrived at the airport. Harry parked and I unbuckled myself but when I reached for the door handle, it wasn't there. I looked up to see Harry holding his jacket up.

"Come on," he gave me a small smile, shaking his jacket. "It's cold as balls out here."

I laughed and stepped out of the car. He wrapped his jacket that was way too big for me around my smaller frame. He hooked an arm around my shoulders and guided me toward the airport.

I felt kinda bad about having his jacket but it was a very sweet gesture. We had rushed through the airport and there was surprisingly no directioners around. Granted it was nearly four in the morning, way past their bedtimes.

When we approached the others, Niall and Louis were sitting on either side of Tori. Liam and Zayn were sat across from them. All four of them were trying to console her.

Harry let go of my shoulder and knelt down in front of Tori and whispered something in effort to comfort her. She launched up at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She started sobbing loudly into his shoulder.

"Who's riding home with her?" I asked as I approached the group, pulling off Harry's coat and laying it aside. Everyone except Harry looked up at me. "You guys can't send her off alone like that."

"We didn't really think about that," Zayn mumbled.

She probably would much rather have one of the boys with her than me and I'm okay with that. I'm not a very good shoulder to cry on anyway.

After a few glances around the group, Niall spoke up.

"I'll go. You guys stay and I'll go," he shrugged.

"No, I'll go," Louis spoke quietly, looking up to me. "I feel I owe her something."

That wasn't the reason and I was sure of it. I knew why he wanted to go, why he felt obligated.

"I owe her more than you do," Niall replied quickly, drawing Louis' attention to himself. Both had aggressive looks across their faces.

"How about me or Zayn goes?" Liam offered. Zayn agreed by nodding his head and leaning forward in his chair.

"No, no," Louis shook his head. "I'll be the one going."

"No that'll be me," Niall followed, continuing the aggressive look at Louis.

I wanted so badly to stop their little squabble they were in the middle of. "How about Harry? Or me?" I volunteered.

"Yea that's a good idea," Liam agreed. "Iris is her roommate."

"No, I think it's best I go," Niall looked to Liam, almost as aggressively as he was at Louis.

"Don't you think Tori should have a say in this?" Zayn suggested.

Tori released poor Harry to look back up at the rest of us.

"What do you say Tori?" I gave her a sympathetic look as she wiped her face dry.

"I, uh," she sniffled, looking around the group. I could see the tears forming in her eyes again.

"Enough of this. I'm going and that's final," Louis huffed standing to his feet.

"What makes you think she'd rather ride with you than me?" Niall joined him on his feet. "What makes you so special?" He poked a finger to Louis' chest.

Liam had a look of pure worry across his face. Tori was going to burst into tears again any second watching this display. Zayn and Harry both had a look of shock on their features.

I was completely shocked myself. I've never heard Niall so angry and now he was lashing out at his friend.

Lou's face was covered in a look of complete distaste. He was dying to say something and I knew what it was.

He opened his mouth to speak.

Here it comes.

"I'm going because I love her," he blurted.

There it is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys. Sorry it took so long to get this chapter up. I have been working on this for about a week actually. I couldn't quite work it out but I think it's okay.

Courtney is bringing on the drama in the next chapter. Please comment and recommend so she will update quicker.

In completely unrelated news, I'm going to get my learner's license later today. Wish me luck!