Status: Don't like? Don't read. But, I think we both know you'll be back for more. Xx, Scandal Squad.

Scandal Squad

The Sound Of Accusing

“I called you,” Lex licked her lips. Her feet scooted lightly against the floor. The sound made her cringe in the cold silence.

“Today, yeah,” Louis’ eyes didn’t blink as his best mate squirmed under his intense gaze. The room had cleared out once Louis entered. They all wanted to give the two some time to talk.

“I’m sorry, Lou—” She sighed heavily, brushing a hand over her polished pony tail.

“Don’t.” Lou cut her off coolly. His jaw clenched. A vein in his neck jumped out at Lex. She obeyed his command, knowing she had no foot to stand on here.

“Then would you like to say something?” Lex questioned snidely. Louis rolled his icy blue eyes. “’Cause if you don’t want to talk about it, or want me to talk…at all, I’ll leave until you—”

“Yeah, you’ll leave. You’re good at that.” He cut her off again. “Where were you, Lex?” His thin brows furrowed. Lex was cut under her hundred yard glare and wished she could melt into the floor and disappear. “You just left,” He stepped closer to Lex until she could feel his minty breath on her face. “No calls, no messages, no word. Three months. You could have died and I would’ve had no idea! Do you know how that makes me feel, Lex?” A humorless laugh feel from his mirthless lips, “But, I guess you don’t ‘cause that’s typical Alexandria.” Lex cringed at the use of her full name. “Do whatever you want and don’t look back. Don’t give two shits about anyone but yourself. I guess even your best mate isn’t an exception to that rule.

“What, you just sleep with me? Used me and then skipped town so I had to deal with the guilt alone?” Louis spat, anger blurring his vision. Lex stood still under his fire, keeping her face stony and emotionless. “Do you have any idea what I’ve had to do to keep this from Harry, from Eleanor? I bloody cheated on her with you! And I didn’t have anyone to turn to because you were always the first person I thought of. And when I needed you the most, you weren’t there. It just shows what kind of a person you really are, Lex.” A cold smile graced his beautiful face, “So, now I want to thank you for showing me who you really are after fifteen years of friendship. Thank you, Lex. Now get out.” He forced open the door, catching Lex by surprise.

Lex didn’t fight. She swallowed her pride and stepped out the door. She hadn’t been invited to the party anyway.

Scandal Squad Update

Spotted: Alexandria Woodbury leaving the quaint get-together at London’s Tomlinson Tower. By the looks of things, she didn’t exactly get what she came for. You may be able to lie to your friends (if you can call them that anymore), but you don’t ever have to lie to me. Because you can’t. I saw those tears you tried to wipe away, A. Never fear, even if L isn’t here, I am and I’ll never leave you. On behalf of London, welcome back, A. Things aren’t going to get back to normal; they’re going to get interesting.

Don’t like? Don’t read. But, I think we’ll both be back for more. Xx, Scandal Squad.


+ + +


Lex sat, cooped up in her spacious room. She wasn’t exactly hoping for a warm welcome from her family either, but grounded before she could get more than two steps into her loft? That seemed a little severe. But, Mrs. Malik had a pointed to make. She couldn’t let her wild child make her and her precious husband look like unfit parents. God forbid.

Four long hours passed by. Her television had been taken out, her internet turned off. She sat with the radio on, listening to endless commercials (which felt like punishment in it of itself) and flipped through a very old fashion mag.

Lex’s pale colored room felt cold. It had been a long time since someone had entered it in her absence and the layer of dust confirmed it. Even the housekeeper, Veronica, had been forbidden to clean.

It didn’t make any sense to Lex. She had told her mother that she was going to visit her father in California. She had left a note explaining she needed to work through some things. Why was she being treated like an irresponsible, runaway? She hadn’t slummed it in the crack houses of London. As usual, Mrs. Malik was overreacting.

“The tramp is back.” A voice drawled from Lex’s doorway. She hadn’t even heard him open the door. Lex rolled her bright green eyes at his smirk.

“You’re loving this, aren’t you?” She muttered, “When did you become the golden child?” Lex scoffed, tossing the outdated magazine on the purple carpeted floor.

“Sometime between you running away like a slag and me joining the family business like a respectable gentleman.” His dark eyes were loving every moment of my imprisonment.

“I didn’t run away, Zayn.” She argued feebly.

“But you are admitting you’re a slag?” The Pakistani teen strode into the room.

“Don’t you have any underage girls to sexually harass?” Lex glared at her step-brother.

His smirk only deepened the dimples in his dark cheeks. “Now, now, Lexie, don’t lash out. You’ll only get yourself in more trouble.”

“Get out,” She hissed, “I didn’t invite you in my room.”

“What am I, a vampire?” Zayn snorted. “Besides, I don’t think Perrie would approve of me cheating on her.”

“I can’t believe she’s dating you.” Lex shook her head in disdain. “Actually, I can’t believe you two have lasted this long. How many months now?” She questioned.

“Nearly six.” He said proudly as if to rub his longstanding relationship in her face. “How’s it going with Louis?”

“What do you mean?” Her heart began to thump heavily. A sense of dread rose at the mention of his name.

“‘What do you mean?’” Zayn mimicked cruelly. “What do you think I mean, you tosser. Your desperate attempt to get him back was all over Scandal Squad.”

“It was a simple conversation—mostly one-sided on his part—and maybe you should get your head out of your ass and stop reading the trash that Scandal Squad posts.” Lex spat, pointing to the door, “And get out. I’d like a little peace and quiet before I get scolded again during dinner.”

Zayn licked his lips, “Fine, Niall and I were heading out to do something now anyway.” He stood up and crossed the room with a slow gait. “I’m glad you’re back,” Zayn turned around as he made to shut the door behind him, “Scandal Squad was right on the mark. It’s been a little dull without you, sis.” He winked and left Lex alone to the wails of Taylor Swift’s new single.
♠ ♠ ♠
School starts back up on Monday. Kill me. Seriously.
We don't get near enough breaks in high school. It's criminal. Did I mention you should kill me? Good, because you should.
Enjoy my last remaining days of freedom because God knows when I'll be able to update next.
Comment, recc, and sub, pretty please (: