Status: Just A Working Idea

All Good Fun

Trouble Always Finds You

I stretched arching my back away from the softness of my bed and instantly realized that Bruce was gone. I pried my eyes open and look to the left side of my bed seeing the clock. Bruce had left before seven. Shaking my head I got out of bed and slipped my robe over top of my tanktop and short shorts that I slept in, before walking out of the door I saw a note on the side table. Picking up the lined paper I easily recognized Bruce's hurried handwriting.

Scarlet,

I'm sorry I had to leave early . I had to run back home to get ready for an important business meeting, but I'll take you out for dinner tonight. Be ready by eight.

Love You,

Bruce


I smiled rolling my eyes as I placed the paper back down and walked in the apartment's tiny kitchen, and put on a pot of coffee. I turned around and screamed at the site before me.

"Doll face, aren't ya glad to-ah see me?"

I slowly backed up until I hit the counter. The Joker sat on top on my kitchen table, with his ankles crossed, grinning at me. "W-what do you want?" I looked in his eyes as my searched the counter behind me for anything that could be used as a weapon.

He smiled making his red painted scars stretch violently up his face. "What's-ah wrong, Dollface, not excited to-ah see me?"

He licked his lip, which I think were chapped but I couldn't tell with the makeup, and I shuddered before my hands hit the hilt of a kitchen knife that I had left out the night before. "You didn't answer my question, Joker. What do you want?" I asked sounding a lot braver than I felt.

His tongue flicked across his lips again and his rough voice sounded amused. "Well, Doll, I-ah came for you."

I stared at him blankly until he jumped off the counter making me jump myself, before I grabbed the knife and put in between us. "Don't move another step or I will plunge this knife into your stomach," I yelled, voice quivering slightly. His mad cackle reverberated throughout the tiny space making me clench my teeth. "What's so funny, I growled.

His grin widened even more, if possible, before he responded to me. "I-ah just like them feisty. It's-ah more fun to break 'em in."

My ears were assaulted with his words, making me feel as if ice cold water were dumped down back, and the knife wobbled in my hand for a second before I straightened it out. "W-what do you mean break?"

"It means you're-ah coming with me." He lunged towards me faster than I thought he could and before I could react he had wrapped his leather gloved hand around my tiny wrist. A short cry escaped my mouth and I dropped the knife as a sharp pain ran from my wrist to elbow, from where he had twisted my wrist painfully.

Metal hard, cold, and sharp touched the skin of my throat and I gulped. Joker pulled pulled me against his chest, leaving the knife at my throat just barely digging in the skin as his warm breath on my neck made my skin crawl. "Now-ah, Dollface, who told you it would be a good idea to-ah have a knife fight with me?"

"Please just let me go." I'm not important, I thought as I tried to steady my breathing and not think about how much pressure he would have to apply to the knife for it to slice right into my jugular.

His chuckle was deep and husky in my ear, much unlike his usually cold, menacing cackle. "Not a chance," he whispered. My dread and fear soon lead to confusion as he let go of me, but it was gone just as quickly when something cracked against my skull. I just barely registered seeing his demented smile and the pain as I crumpled against the ground and the world going dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short but I plan on being back and actually finishing this and getting out fast updates.