Status: hope ya like it! :) more comments=faster updates

The Calm

Chapter 2- Those In Glass Houses

Austin's POV

Alan ended up spending the night at my place. He was such a sweet and nice guy, and he wasn't that bad looking either.

'Woah.' I thought to myself. 'You're strait.'

Alan was still asleep. I went into the kitchen and looked in the cabinets for breakfast. We were out of cereal, all we had was pancake mix. Shit, I didn't know how to make pancakes.

I crept back into the living room where Alan was fast asleep at and started shaking him. "Alan, wake up." I said calmly. His eyes fluttered open, and he smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Austin." He greeted, sitting up.

"Uh, hey Alan. Do you know how to make pancakes?" I asked. "Because all we have for breakfast is pancake mix."

Alan smiled and got up. "Sure, how many do you want?" I just shrugged and Alan got up and went into the kitchen and started making them.

"I'll use up all of the batter, and then if you have extra pancakes you can save them and eat them later." Alan said. I watched as he mixed the batter, and pulled out a pan.

"Thanks for cooking for me." I said, smiling.

Alan turned to look at me, a warm smile on his adorable face. I mean, face. "It's no problem Austin. It beats sitting around at my place."

"Whats it like at your place?" I asked.

"It's... I don't know, it fucking sucks." He said bluntly.

"Do you have a girlfriend or family?" I was curious about Alan, he was so mysterious.

"Nope." He turned away from me and flipped the pancakes. "The girl I thought I loved ended up betraying me. Stupid fucking whore."

"Yeah, girls are nothing but trouble." I said.

Alan turned back around. "You had girl problems?" Alan asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. My ex-wife cheated on me two months ago. I walked in on her and some other guy. She was one of the main reasons why I wanted to take my life."

"Well I'm sorry." Alan said, setting a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"What happened between you and your girlfriend?" I asked, shoving pancakes in my mouth. God, Alan was such a good cook.

"I... I don't like to talk about it." He said. I decided not to push it and ate my pancakes in silence.

Alan's POV

Austin kept asking questions, and I just wanted to break down and tell him everything. I didn't though, once he knew my back story he may not like me anymore.

I finished making the last pancake and set it down on a big plate. I put the plate into the fridge, shutting it behind me.

"Thanks for everything, Austin." I said, starting to leave.

"You're already leaving?" He asked, his mouth stuffed with pancakes.

I laughed. "Yeah, I don't want to be a bother."

Austin swallowed. "You're not a bother at all. But if you want to leave, I can drive you home."

My eyes widened, I would never let Austin see the place I was forced to call home. "Uh, I don't need a ride." I said quietly.

"Well, are you sure you can't stay for just a little while more?" Austin asked, smiling.

"Okay." I gave in. We sat in his living room and watched TV for a while. I could tell I was already developing a crush on Austin, and there was no way to stop it.

"So how long have you been living here, in California?" Austin asked.

"I actually just moved here recently. How about you?"

"I was born in California, but when my mom died here, my dad and I moved out to Ohio. But then I decided to move back out here."

"I'm sorry about your mother." I said quietly.

"It's not your fault." I could feel Austin staring at me, his eyes burning into me. "Your so mysterious." He commented.

I laughed. "How?"

"I know absolutely nothing about you, and you know a lot about me." Austin said.

I awkwardly shrugged. "I don't like talking about myself. Maybe one day I'll open up though." Before Austin could ask anymore questions, I stood up.

"I need to get going." I said. "I'll come visit soon."

Austin smiled. "I'd like that."

I left his house, and started walking towards the 'Suicide Bridge'. I found the little hole, that I was forced to call my home. Yes, I was homeless. The hole was filled with my belongings, and cats to keep me company. Since it was the middle of December, I was freezing. I curled up in a little ball, trying to keep myself warm.

I let out a sigh. "What did I do to deserve this?" I groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, Alan's homeless :c
I would love it if you guys left comments, all comments/recommendations are appreciated! <3