Status: Bittersweet Goodbye. This story is now complete.

Let the Walls Fall Down

Chapter 10

The sun shining through the window woke me up. I stretched my arms above my head and turned over to see that Brian was still fast asleep with his mouth slightly open. Yes, I spent the night at his house. It seems that the more time we spend away from each other the more we cling to each other when we are together. And I have been gone for four days. It’s like we’re a drug to the other and we’re addicted. Not that I mind. To be honest, I can’t get enough of him. I’m not just talking about the sex, but just his presence. He makes me feel more like myself than anyone else ever did.

Brian stirred a little and held me closer to him as his eyes fluttered open. “Morning.” His voice was raspy. And oh so sexy.

“Good morning.” I smiled and pecked his lips.

“It definitely is good.” He chuckled. “It’s nice waking up to you lying next to me.”

I blushed and hid my face in the pillows. “We should do this more often. I slept better last night than I have in a while.” I told him honestly as I peeked up at him.

“Then you’ll have to stay over more often.” He said as he traced circles on the exposed skin on my side. This caused me to have goosebumps.

My phone dinged a few times making me groan and hide under the blankets. I wasn’t ready to face the world just yet. I wanted to pretend that it’s just me and Brian for a little bit longer. Brian chucked and reach over to grab my phone. “Who is pmdeleon?” he asked curiously.

“Why?” I asked as I took the blankets off of my face.

“Because they say, ‘I miss you; come back to me.’ then another one says ‘see you tomorrow gorgeous. It’s gonna be a fun week.’ So who is this person? Cheating on me already?” I could tell he was trying to sound like he was joking but his eyes gave him away. He looked so hurt and that broke my heart.

I took my phone away from him and laughed as I shook my head. He raised an eyebrow at me. I ignored him and pushed him over onto his back and threw a leg over his stomach so I was now straddling him. “First off I can’t cheat on you if we aren’t dating.”

“Ouch.” He said clearly offended.

“But if we were, my answer would be no I am not. I already told you that I wouldn’t be with anyone else until I was ready for a relationship. And when I was then I would be with you. I only have eyes for you.” I paused then picked up my phone again and opened my twitter app and found what I was looking for, “If you must know pmdeleon stands for Priscilla Marie Deleon.” I turned my phone around so he could see it. “My cousin that you met in Florida. We were in New York together but she had to go back to Texas when I came back to LA. She is flying out tomorrow night though and will be here for a week.”

“I feel like an asshole now.” he chuckled lightly as he covered his face with his arm.

“Not an asshole, just someone who is being cautious.” I shrugged. “I would be too; I am three years younger than you who also just got out of a nearly two year relationship. Who would think that I want to settle down now? Any person who just got out of a relationship that was that long would play the field.”

Brian took his arm off his eyes and looked at me, “are you sure you don’t want to do that?”

“If I did would I be here?” I retorted.

“Point taken.” He smiled.

“As much as I would love to stay in this bed with you all day, I promised Demi I would hang out with her today. She’s been having a rough week.” I scrunched up my nose.

Brian rolled me over and pinned me to the bed, “and what if I hold you here hostage?” he asked with a devious grin.

“Then you’ll have to deal with Demi. If she doesn’t get ahold of me she will call my mom who will tell my step dad who will most likely send out a search party.” I giggled.

“Damn. I’m scared of Demi so I won’t mess with her.” He said then leaned down to kiss me softly.

“Priscilla will be here this week and I know she’ll want to hang out with everyone so we can make it into a party.” I compromised.

“Pretty sure Stephen will be happy that she’ll be here.” He said as he sat down on the bed.

“She is a party.” I laughed. I got out of bed and searched for my clothes. I only had on my bra and underwear.

Once I was dressed I kissed Brian and told him I would text or call him later. I went and got Starbucks on the way home because I need caffeine. I wen t home and took a shower and packed a bag since I will probably stay at Demi’s a night or two. When I got to Demi’s apartment Dallas was there too. “You have a lot of explaining to do missy?” Dallas said putting her hands on her hips.

“Uh, what did I do?” I asked confused.

“Well I saw this on twitter a little bit ago.” Dallas started, “Is Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber back together?”

“Wait what? Where the hell would anyone get that impression?” I cut her off because I was shocked to why that would be brought up.

“Hang on, let me finish.” She smiled deviously. That smile scared me to what was to come. “The Disney starlet was spotted this morning at Starbucks on Sunset sporting a hickey and she wasn’t trying to hide it. Sources say that she looked really happy and couldn’t stop smiling as she text someone while waiting for her drink.”

My eyes got wide and my jaw dropped. I am probably the dumbest girl ever! How could I forget to cover up that damn hickey when I went into Starbucks? Great! Let the rumors begin. “So you want to explain how you got this hickey when you were supposed to be in New York with Taylor? And why were you on Sunset? You don’t even live near there nor is near me.” Demi asked suspiciously.

“I caught an earlier flight and got home early last night and spent the night with Brian.” It was no use lying, they both know about my sort of relationship with Brian.

“Someone is turning into a little sex fiend.” Dallas teased jokingly.

“Oh hush! I am not!” I said making a face at her.

“You kind of are. That’s all you guys seem to do.” Demi pointed out. “I bet you can’t go a month without having sex with him.” She challenged.

“I can so! Our relationship isn’t all about sex.” I crossed my arms. Even though inside I was dying. Could I really go a month without sex with him? Brian has quickly become my addiction. I will be in Texas for two weeks soon so that should take care of it.

“Prove it. Go until New Years without having sex with Brian and we’ll drop it. But if you don’t, we will start calling you Sex Fiend Gomez.” Dallas smirked at me.

“Deal! But you two will have to tell Brian, because I am not.” I put my hands in the air and shook my head.

“Fine, give me your phone.” Demi smiled and held out her hand. I took my phone out of my purse and handed it to her. She smirked as she looked for the number she needed.

“You know she’s gonna cause a scene right?” Dallas whispered as Demi waited for Brian to answer to phone.

“I know.” I shrugged. “It’ll be fun to mess with him.” I laughed but covered my mouth when I heard Brian answer his phone. I’m glad that Demi had it on speaker.

“Hey sexy.” Brian said.

“I’m glad you find me sexy.” Demi teased.

“Holy shit!” Brian yelled and Demi laughed loudly. “Who is this?”

“It’s Demi, I needed to talk to you about something.” Her voice got quiet and she sounded upset.

“About what? Is Selena okay?” Brian began to panic. Me and Dallas tried not to laugh. But it warmed my heart that he was worried about me.

“I’m not so sure. She’s just sitting here and won’t speak. Do you think you could come over and see if you can get her to talk?” Demi’s voice cracked. Damn this girl is a good actress. Our acting coaches would be proud.

“Of course. Text me your address and I’ll be right there.” He said in a rush then hung up the phone. As soon as the line went dead me and Dallas burst out into a laughing fit.

“I can’t believe you made him believe that there was something wrong with me! You evil little girl!” I said full of amusement.

“Well I wanted to see his face when I tell him about the bet so I had to get him over here somehow. If he thought you were upset he’d come over sooner. Well I’d hope so. This is also a test, to make sure he is good enough to date my best friend.” Demi winked at me.

“And if he fails?” I questioned.

“Then he’ll have some begging to do if he wants you to be his girlfriend, whenever that may be.” She said matter of factly. I laughed and shook my head. This is why she is my best friend.

A half an hour later there was a knock at the door. I put my mouth over my mouth trying not to laugh. Dallas grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the couch next to her and buried my had in the crook of her neck and started rubbing my head. I heard Demi open the door and invite Brian in. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked highly concerned.

“I’m not entirely sure.” Demi said nonchalantly.

“You sounded concerned on the phone and now you’re not. What’s going on?” now he was highly confused and I couldn’t contain myself any longer, I just burst out laughing once again.

“Because she’s perfectly fine.” Demi shrugged. “I just wanted to see if you would past the test.”

“What test?” he snapped then glared at me.

I head my hands up defensively, “don’t look at me, this is all her.”

“Look, Selena is like my little sister, even though she is taller than me, anyways I look after her just as I would do for Demi and our sister Madison. I have no idea who you are so you have to pass a few tests before we will approve of you being with our sweet girl.” Dallas told Brian.

“You maybe Alex’s best friend and I trust his judgment, but I don’t know you so like I said you have to pass the test. And you passed round one. You rushed over here when you thought there was something wrong with her. You care about her and I see that, and I love you for that because that means you’ll take good care of her. But Nick did the same thing, and he still broke her heart.” Demi sighed.

“I’m not Nick, I would never hurt her.” Brian defended himself.

“Nick swore he wouldn’t either. Look I’m not trying to give you a hard time; I just don’t want to see her hurt again. It terrifies me that she’s moving so quickly and that you’ll take advantage of that. When she came over after she broke up with Justin and she was so distraught, my heart broke. And I still beat myself up for encouraging her to date Nick all those years ago.” She paused and looked down at the ground.

“I may not have the best track record with girls, I can be an asshole. But I will promise you right now that I am not taking advantage of Selena. I’m not that big of a dick that sees a girl who is vulnerable and use that to my advantage. That night in Florida scared the crap out of me and I don’t ever want to hear about that happening again and if I can prevent it by being the guy that’s worthy of her then I will do everything in my power to do that.” Brian said sincerely.

“Then you shouldn’t have a problem with test part two. Go until New Years without sex.” Demi told him.

“What is this? Some forty days and forty nights shit?” Brian asked annoyed.

“Something like that.” Demi shrugged. “It’s not to be mean, think of it as a bet. You two are basically friends with benefits. I don’t want another one of her relationships to be about sex. With Nick he wanted a girl who was more adventurous so chased the wild girl. With Justin he wasn’t getting any so found a girl who would put out. You obviously love her vagina, but there should be more to it than the sex. Get to know her and her friends. Introduce her to your friends. Go out on dates. Just no sex until you’re both sure you want to be in a real committed relationship with each other. I have been down the whole friends with benefits road and not only did I lose myself, I lost a friend and my dignity. I don’t want my best friend to feel cheap or get her heart broken over something this trivial.” Demi explained to him.

“You don’t have to agree with it.” I spoke up. “And as much as the idea frustrates me, she has a point. We jumped into sex, something that I value, so quickly. I know I said it felt right and it does and I know I said I am not ready for a relationship so this is my fault. But Demi has a point, I don’t want to get my heart broken again and if that entails us going sex free for a month so we can get to know each other then so be it.”

I was waiting for him to walk out the door and say like hell I will go without sex when I’ve been getting it like a fucking bunny. But Brian surprised us all when he walked up to me, taking my face into his hands, “If that’s what it takes to get you to agree to be my girlfriend then that’s what I will do.” he said honestly.

I squealed and threw my hands around his neck and kissed his lips chastely. “You have no idea how much this means to me.”

“I don’t like this no sex rule, but you’re worth it.” he smiled at me.

“I bet you two can’t make it two weeks.” Dallas laughed.

“We’ll see about that.” Brian challenged.

I was going to say something but my thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I picked it up off the table and saw it was Taylor so I answered it. “Hey, how was the concert?” I asked her. She’s dating Harry Styles from One Direction and they had this huge concert at Madison Square Garden.

“It was awesome. But I have a question, that Alex guy that Demi is trying to start dating again, does he wear a beanie and a bit scruffy?” she asked curiously.

“Yeah, why?” it was my turn to be curious.

“Because I am hanging out with him right now.” this revelation shocked me.

“What? How? Why?” I spit out questions.

“He’s friends with Harry and we’re doing Karaoke right now and he’s hanging out. I didn’t make the connection at first but then he said something about the epic party he threw his best friend and I put it together.” She told me.

“Holy crap, that’s so weird. Small freaking world.” I told her than looked over at Demi, “Hey girl, Taylor said she hanging out with Alex.”

“How does she know him?” Demi practically yelled.

“He’s friends with One Direction and she’s dating Harry.” I told her.

“Tell him that we say hi!” Demi yelled.

I put my phone one speaker and told Taylor to do the same. “I wanna talk to him.”

There were some muffled sounds and then it got really loud because of the music. “What the hell?” Alex grumbled.

“Sorry, but I couldn’t talk over the music.” Taylor apologized. I’m guessing she dragged him out of the room. She’s good about doing that when she needs to talk. “But some people wanted to say hi.”

“Hi!” we all yelled. “Miss you scruff!” Dallas yelled. “Get your ass home!” Brian yelled.

“You guys having a party or something?” he laughed.

“Yes we are, we are having a ‘we miss Alex’ party.” I giggled.

“Nice, don’t party too much.” He said.

“We won’t. We’ll let you two go back to your craziness. Call us later!” I told them. We said our good byes and hung up.

“I should get going; I am supposed to be in the studio.” Brian said.

“Okay, I’ll walk you out.” I told him. I grabbed his hand and walked him to the door before we walked out into the hall he stopped and turned to Demi, “For the record, he can’t stop talking about how happy he is to have you back in his life.” He told her.

“I’m glad I can bring happiness into his life. I missed him a lot.” She smiled. Brian nodded and we walked into the hall and closed the door behind us.

“Any chance you’re gonna blow your bet with Demi? What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.” He tried to persuade. I just laughed and shook my head.

“No chance babe. As much as I love having sex with you, she has a point. If we want to be a real couple we have to know each other and be able to blend with the others friends and not base our relationship on sex or else we both are going to end up hurt.” I explained.

“We talk.” He pointed out.

“I know, but not enough for you not to remember my cousin’s name or for you to trust that I wouldn’t cheat on you.” I rebutted.

“Fair enough.” He gave in. “But we still get to kiss right?”

“Of course.” I smiled and kissed him slowly and passionately.

“I’ll text you later.” He told me once we pulled away. Once Brian walked away, I felt my heart go with him. I’m in deep with this guy and that scares the hell out of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know people were concerned that Selena and Brian were having way too much sex when they aren't even dating, so here you go! Demi and Dallas threw the no sex bet at them. Who thinks that they will survive it? This is definitely going to be entertaining! haha