Status: Bittersweet Goodbye. This story is now complete.

Let the Walls Fall Down

Chapter 13

And I just can't go another day
Without you next to me

I'm breakin' down
I just can’t take it anymore, oh, no
I won't let you go
You know I'm coming for you


I belted out the last chorus of the song I’m recording. “Good job, Dem.” Nick’s voice filled the recording room.

“Thanks.” I smiled then put the headphones down and walked out. “Do you think I need to do anymore takes?” I asked him.

“Nope, I think we should be good. Once you go into your emotional zone the takes came out exceptional.” He nodded as he pushed a few buttons then played back what I just recorded. I bobbed my head as I listened to the song and tried not to cry. “So Alex has a girlfriend?” Nick asked as the song stopped playing.

“What makes you say that?” I asked but avoided eye contact.

“I doubt you’d be writing a song about going after him if he was single, you’d be writing a second part to Catch Me.” he said smugly.

“Don’t be an asshole.” I glared at him. “Why do you assume it’s about Alex? For all you know I could have changed my mind about trying to get him back and want to get back with Joe, I hear he has a new girlfriend.”

Nick chuckled and shook his head. “But you forget that I know that your relationship with Joe was all fabricated. I was in the meeting when our managers set up your publicity stunt.”

I scrunched up my face then stuck my tongue out at him. I hate when he has to prove a point. “If you must know he does and she is a bitch.”

“So you’re going to steal him away from her?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“You make me sound like a bitch, but sort of. Selena has an inkling that the girl is being shady so I’m going to prove to him that she’s lying to him and win him back since he was going to break up with her anyways before her dropping the pregnancy bomb.” I grumbled.

“Okay then.” His eyes widened and he dropped the subject. “So how is Selena doing?”

“Not well.” I sighed. I really didn’t want to get into this conversation either since he wants another chance with Selena and she is on the rocks with Brian, I don’t want to give him false hope that maybe things with Brian won’t work out and he will have more of a chance to win her back.

“What happened?” he gasped in concern.

I looked up at him and his eyes were begging me to tell him what was wrong with Selena and as much as I don’t want to get into this conversation, it is my fault that it’s being brought up since I was the one who told Nick to mend things with her. “She was talking to this guy; they were taking things slow, nothing too serious. But he’s best friends with Alex and his girlfriend and since this girl hates me she’s messing with Selena’s relationship with this guy and he’s taking this girl’s side and it’s just a lot of drama.”

“So is she done with this guy?” he asked nervously. I laughed at him because I’ve never seen him act like a little school boy before.

“I’m not entirely sure. She said she doesn’t want to be in a relationship where she has to compete with another girl again, but she really likes this guy so she may put up with it. She did with you.” I shrugged and he winced at my comment.

“She shouldn’t have to put up with that again. I know what I did was wrong and I wish I could take it back. I don’t want to see her hurt again.” He said sincerely.

“I don’t either and I’m not going to let that happen.” I smiled at him.

We sat down and he was helping me with a song I had been writing. Awhile later there was a knock at the door and in walked Selena and Lea Michele. I was shocked to see Lea, but I knew that Selena was supposed to be stopping by at sometime today. “Look who I found in the hallway!” Selena said cheerfully. I guess she’s not letting this disagreement with Brian affect her mood.

“I heard you recording earlier, you sounded amazing.” Lea told me with a big smile.

“Thanks.” I giggled. I was a bit stars truck because I love this girl.

“Good to see you working and not at home mopping around.” Selena smiled.

“I could say the same for you.” I smiled back at her.

“Am I like chopped liver over here?” Nick asked with a chuckle.

Selena walked over and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “It’s good to see you.” she told him.

“Why would you guys be mopping?” Lea asked curiously.

“Boy troubles.” Selena scrunched up her nose. “But I have something that would cheer us both up.”

“What? Should I be scared? Because you are looking a little too perky there.” I questioned.

“You know that song ‘the boy is mine’?” she asked. I nodded. “I say we make a video, me and you sing. We just need a guy, I would say Nick you could do it but that’ll look a little too weird.” She explained.

“I don’t know anyone who would help us humiliate the boys.” I shook my head.

“No offense.” Nick said and looked down at the ground. “But I will help film it for you guys.”

“Thanks.” Selena smiled then looked at Lea with wide eyes.

“Uh oh I know that look.” I laughed.

“You shush.” She told me. “So Lea is Cory busy today?”

“I don’t think so…” her voice trailed off and Selena’s smile got even bigger as she pulled out her phone and pressed a few numbers.

“Hey Cory, its Selena.” She said cheerfully when he answered the phone. Me, Lea and Nick stood around as we listened to the one sided conversation. When Selena ended the call she squealed. “Okay, Cory said he’ll help us out. Lea, you are more than welcome to join us. It’s going to be fun.”

“I’m done in the studio for the day so I’m in.” she smiled.

“And where are we doing this?” I asked curiously.

“At your mom’s house. Dallas is the one who came up with the idea.” She shrugged. I should have known that Dallas was up to this, it sounds like something she would cook up.

An hour later we were in my mom’s backyard and ready to shoot a video, except for Nick because he got a business call and had to go take care of whatever it was. Dallas had done mine and Selena’s make up. The hilarious part of it though is Dallas fixed my bangs and made sure that you could see my freckles and curled my hair so I looked like Debby then she dressed up Selena like me. I’m not entirely sure why she made me look like Debby since well I am me but I’m loving how this is going. Dallas claims it’s because I am the one with the bangs and freckles but whatever, it’s an acting experience and it fun. Cory has shown up too and is excited to shoot this. It’s cute how he treats Selena like his little sister. I was worried that after I cut her out of my life that she wouldn’t trust people and let them in, but she has a good people surrounding her.

“Okay, Selena and Demi you guys have to pretend not to like each other and fight over Cory. There will be shots of just Selena and Cory and some of just Demi and Cory. And unlike in the original video where both girls ditch the guy, this time the guy ditches one of the girls. I know it’s stupid but I’m sure Alex will get a kick out of it.” Dallas explained what was going to happen. She was way too perky about doing this, and that scares me.

“I can’t kiss her; she’s like my little sister.” Cory complained when we were shooting our last scene of the day. Dallas told Cory he had to kiss Selena for the final scene and he wasn’t too happy about it.

“Just do it! It’s not like she really is your sister and you’re both professional actors.” Dallas demanded. “Plus your girlfriend is here and isn’t objecting so can we please just finish this?”

“It’s like when I had to kiss Jonathan, he’s my best friend and is gay, it was awkward but it’s just acting. You can do this babe.” Lea encouraged Cory.

“Just don’t look at me as Selena, treat this as an acting role on Glee.” Selena told him.

“Okay, lets get this done.” He said. Dallas squealed and clapped her hands.

My phone started vibrated in my back pocked for what felt like the millionth time today and every single time it has been Alex. I don’t get why he keeps calling me, I told him that I can’t be his friend because it was too difficult on me. I love him so much and it hurts that I can’t be with him when we were so fucking close. I took out my phone and it was him calling again. I clicked decline and put my phone back in my pocket. It wasn’t even a minute later that it started ringing again. I groaned and took my phone out again and hit accept.

“What do you want Alexander?” I growled into the phone.

“I just wanted to make sure you were okay. When you didn’t answer I got worried.” He replied sadly. The vulnerability in his voice completely shattered me. I wish that I could take all the pain away, but he made his decision so he has to deal with it.

“I didn’t answer because I already told you that I can’t speak to you. It hurts so much to hear your voice. All I want is to have you next to me and being able to be in your arms and kiss you. But you chose your path; you chose to be with Debby. I completely understand why you made that decision, but we both know it didn’t have to be that way. So please just respect my wishes and leave me alone.” I told him as I fought back tears.

“What do you want me to do? Break up with Debby and have our child be brought into this world to a broken home? You know I can’t do that, we’ve been over this already. But I still can’t just let you walk out of my life! It tore me apart to lose you before and I won’t let it happen again.” He stressed.

“Wouldn’t it be a broken home anyways? With you loving another girl? Do you really want your child to grow up and see his or her dad not giving his whole heart to their mother? But always ogling over another woman?” I retorted bitterly.

I heard Alex suck in a breath. “I’m sorry.” He said quietly.

“Don’t be sorry.” I snapped. “Be the man that I know you are. You don’t have to do what is the right thing to do in this situation; you have to do what is right for you. Look at me, I had a dad when I was born, but he left and was a horrible person. I was lucky that my mom found Eddie because he showed me what dad was supposed to be. You don’t have to be with Debby to be a good dad; you just have to show your child that he or she is loved by you. I’m not telling you to break up with Debby, I’m just telling you that if you do stay with her that I can’t be a part of your life because it’s not healthy, nor is it fair to me, Debby or your child.”

“I understand.” He said sadly. “Just know that whatever happens that I love you with every fiber of my being, and I always will.” With that he hung up with phone.

I blinked back the tears just as Selena approached me. “You okay?” she asked me. I just shrugged and it was like she read my mind because she engulfed me in a hug. “I love you.” she whispered.

“I love you too.” I smiled.

“Come one you two! We have a video to edit!” Dallas shouted. We laughed and went over to her.

It took us about two hours to completely finish editing the video. My favorite part was when I and Selena had to fight and push each other around. It was the hardest scene to film because we kept laughing, but the video in general came out amazing. I am glad that Selena and Dallas had me do this because it was so much fun and it helped keep my mind off of things for a while.

“Are you going to post this on YouTube?” Lea asked once we finished watching the final cut.

“Oh yeah.” Selena smirked. She sat on the chair with Dallas and typed in your YouTube account info and posted the video.

“Oh my god! We are going to cause so much drama over this.” I laughed in amusement.

“At least this Alex guy will see that he should choose you.” Lea smiled at me.

“We should get going though; we have an early morning call on set.” Cory announced. Selena whined because she didn’t want them to go but reluctantly said her goodbyes and they left.

“Oh my god!” Dallas yelled with laughter in her voice.

“What?” I asked her curiously.

She couldn’t speak she just pointed to her computer screen. I was scared to what she was reading. Could people already be responding to the video Selena posted? I know this would end badly. I walked over to her, but saw she was on twitter, Alex’s twitter to be specific. And I was shocked at what I read.

@alexanderdeleon: #nowplaying Lips of an Angel – Hinder
@alexanderdeleon: Well, my girl's in the next room, sometimes I wish she was you; I guess we never really moved on…
@alexanderdeleon: You were right, I was wrong. I will make this right. Don’t give on me, please. I will catch you as promised.


“Holy crap!” I gasped.

“Looks like you might be getting your man after all.” Selena said cheerfully.

I’m not exactly sure what to think about these tweets. But I do know that my heart feels like it’s about to burst out of my chest and my cheeks are starting to hurt from smiling so big. I just hope that he abides by his promise, but I don’t think I can handle any more disappointment or heart break right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song that Demi was singing in the beginning was "Coming For You" by JoJo.

So how did y'all like this chapter? Nick being jealous that Selena tried moving on. Dallas getting Demi and Selena to making a video to "The Boy Is Mine" and posting it online. Then Alex's tweets. Shit is going to hit the fan soon, because lets face it no girl wants to see their boyfriend tweeting shit like that. And Debby has already made it clear she will make Demi and Selena's lives hell if Demi doesn't stay away from Alex. But what happens if Alex chooses her anyways? dun dun dun!