Status: Bittersweet Goodbye. This story is now complete.

Let the Walls Fall Down

Chapter 15

I woke up to someone banging on my door like a crazy person. I groan and look up at my clock to see it was 8:47 in the morning. Who the hell is at my house this early in the fucking morning? I threw my blankets off of me and stumbled through my apartment to the front door. When I opened the door I was surprised to see a distraught looking Alex on my doorstep. “What are you doing here so early?” I grumbled.

“I need to know if Selena is here.” He asked out of breath like he had run a marathon.

“Did you really wake me up to ask if Selena is here? Try her house, I’m going back to bed.” I rolled my eyes and went to close the door but Alex stopped it and pushed it back open.

“You don’t understand, something bad happened and I don’t want her to be blindsided by it.” his voice was full of concern which caught my attention. I told him to come inside and I closed the door, I was suddenly not sleepy anymore.

“What happened?” I gulped. “Did that asshole cheat on her?”

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, “what are you talking about? They broke up four days ago. You didn’t know?”

Why the hell hasn’t Selena told me that ended whatever they had going on? That is something you tell your best friend immediately. Now that I think about it I haven’t heard from Selena since we filmed the video and that was a week ago. My stomach started to churn; something bad happened I can feel it in my bones. I looked back up at Alex who looked worried, “Why did they end it?” I asked cautiously.

“You really don’t know?” I shook my head and looked at the floor. “I don’t know the full story because I can barely get Brian to talk about it, but from what I gather Selena broke it off. Jess said she heard yelling and Selena ran out crying. Jess also said that Brian had found out something about Selena. There’s a bunch of articles on the gossip sites saying that she’s been seeing a bunch of different guys. I guess Brian, being the dick he is, jumped to conclusions again. He’s really distraught right now though. He won’t talk or eat. He just keeps calling her and calling her but she won’t answer then today pictures popped up on the gossip sites and it’s not good.”

“What pictures?” my head snapped up.

“To me they aren’t bad pictures, but because Selena is who she is, and with the rumors already circulating, they are bad. Provocative pictures.” He explained as he pulled out his phone and pressed a few things before handing it over to me. There were about three or four pictures of Selena dressed up in Christmas attire, but very sexy Christmas attire. This was definitely bad; her manager is going to throw a fit.

Image

“How did these get leaked? And are you one hundred percent sure these are real? Photoshop does wonders now a days.”

“They are real, she sent them to Brian and he swears he didn’t do this and that no one has had his phone.” Alex defended his best friend.

“Well Selena guards her phone like her life depends on it. And she would never do this to herself so who the hell would do this to her? The guy who took the pictures?” I asked in a panic.

“Far as I know she did this all herself that there was no professional photographer.” He shrugged.

I didn’t respond I just ran to my room and took my phone off of the charger and called Selena but it went straight to voicemail. So I decided to call her mom who said that Selena took off four days ago and said she was going skiing with some friends. I sighed, maybe she was okay, and maybe she really was skiing. But something in my gut told me that she wasn’t really skiing. And it wasn’t like I had any of her friend’s numbers. Well I do have Taylor’s so I took a chance to see if she was with her and Harry since I heard from Niall that those two went skiing, but no luck. Taylor said she hasn’t spoken to Selena in a few days. I was at the end of the road and nowhere else to turn. Wait, I do I have one more option, Priscilla. She was my last hope. I called her and she said she talked to Selena yesterday but only for a couple of minutes, she claimed to be sick.

“No Priscilla, she’s missing. No one has heard from her in days. She told her mom she was going skiing and she obviously didn’t if she told you that she’s sick. And she’s not answering anyone’s calls. I am worried sick. And I really need to get ahold of her, something horrible happened.” I stressed to her.

“What happened?” she gasped much like I had when Alex told me that something bad happened.

“There are semi provocative pictures of her floating around of her. This could ruin her career, or at least her image.” I explained to her as my stomach continued to churn at the thought of this. The hate on her is going to sky rocket and I know exactly how that is. This on top of her break up with Brian can send her to a very dark place. Images of how I was when I was in that dark place popped into my head and it terrified me that Selena would be there as well.

“Holy fucking shit. Um, let me call Francia and see if she’s talked to her and I’ll call you back.” She told me then hung up quickly. I fell to my knees and started crying. Seconds later I felt Alex beside me. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his arms. I cried into his chest as he rubbed my arm.

“Something is very wrong, I can feel it. I can’t lose her.” I sobbed.

“You won’t lose her, she’s a strong girl and we will find her.” He tried to reassure me.

Priscilla called a few minutes later and said that she couldn’t find anyone who knows where Selena is or where she might be. Selena was officially off the grid and I could feel my insides slowly start ripping to shreds. She obviously doesn’t want to be found because the paparazzi haven’t even gotten any pictures of her. The last thing any gossip site has of her is from four days ago, they caught her walking down the street, you couldn't see her whole face, but I could tell that she was really upset and possibly crying. I can tell by the street that she was at Brian’s.

Image

“She just tweeted.” Alex said bringing me out of my thoughts. My head snapped up and I looked at him in shock. “What did she tweet?” I asked curiously.

“She said ‘comfort food for a broken heart’ then attached a picture. She doesn’t look so well.” He said then showed me the picture. She looked so sad and that made my own heart break.

Image

“That means her phone has to be on!” my voice squeaked so I quickly called her. But she ignored my call. When I called back it went straight to voicemail which means she turned off her phone. I let out a frustrated groan. “Where the hell is she?!”

“From the looks of it she’s at someone’s house. So either one of her friends is lying and she is with them, or she has friends that no one knows about or has thought to call.” Alex concluded.

“I don’t know who else to call.” I sighed. I grabbed my jacket and keys, not caring that I am still in my pajamas and headed for the door.

“Demi, where are you going?” Alex called after me.

“To kill your best friend.” I grumbled. He didn’t argue with me, he just followed me and insisted that he drive me so I wouldn’t kill myself since I am so angry and worried. I was going to fight him, but I knew he had a point that I was in no position to be driving.

The look on Brian’s face when we showed up at the Summer Set loft was particularly hilarious. He looked petrified and he should be. He stood up and backed up until he hit the wall. I just stood there glaring at him and I don’t know what came over me, I just started picking up things and throwing them at him. “What. Did. You. Do. To. My. Best. Friend?” I stressed each word as I threw crap at him. He covered his head and kept dodging all of the objects. But I did hit him with a few things so I am proud of myself for that, he deserves it.

“Demi, stop!” Alex gasped from behind me then held my arms down so I would stop throwing things.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know!” Brian yelled as tears started flowing from his eyes.

“Didn’t know what?” I yelled back at him.

He sighed then ran his hands down his face. “About her mom and the miscarriage, I didn’t know.”

“What does that have to do with her breaking things off?” I asked confused.

“Debby came over and told me that Selena was with some guy and there were pictures and there were pictures of her with other guys. She made me believe…” he trailed off.

“Of course Debby would be behind this.” I grumbled and jerked my arms out of Alex’s grasp so I could turn to face him. “Have you broken up with that skank bitch yet?”

“Not yet.” He said and his eyes were apologetic.

I made a disgusted noise, “you two are pathetic.” I turned back to Brian. “So you yet again fucked up and she left you, now she has fallen off the face of the earth. Thank you very much asshole.”

“What do you mean she fell of the face of the earth?” he panicked.

“No one knows where she is, that’s what I mean. And I am worried sick because of what happened in Florida.” I told him.

“But she did tweet so she must be okay other than being heartbroken.” Alex tried to make the situation better.

“And I tweeted all the time, that didn’t mean I wasn’t cutting myself, or making myself puke or starving myself. What if she’s alone and does something and no one is there to help her? What if I lose her? Her mom can’t go through that again.” I started to cry again.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t think.”

“Exactly you didn’t fucking think!” I cut him off. “You chose to believe Debby once again. You promised her that you would always talk to her first before believing that crap, but you didn’t! I trusted you with her and you failed. I can’t believe you would think that she would cheat on you. She’s been trying to rebuild her life and mend fences because she had to push so many people out of her life and you knew that. Why the hell would you believe Debby? And I bet you a million bucks that she’s the one who snatched your phone and leaked those pictures.”

“I’m an asshole, I get it!” he yelled. “But Debby was only looking out for me; she wouldn’t do that to Selena.”

“Like hell she wouldn’t! She told me she would hurt Selena if I didn’t stay away from Alex and I find it coincidental that all this shit happened after Alex basically tweeted he would rather be with me.” I snapped. “You both need to get your delusions out of your ass and get back to fucking reality. Debby is a conniving fucking twat and is playing all of you.”

“Have you tried Jack and Alex? They got pretty close after Florida.” Brian said, changing the subject.

“I didn’t think about them, hold on.” I said then turned around to call Alex but he didn’t answer so I called Jack.

“Hey Sparkles.” He answered cheerfully.

“Hey poopface.” I laughed. “Have you spoken to Selena lately?”

“This morning I did, considering she’s here in Baltimore.” He said confused.

“Wait, she’s in Baltimore? Why the hell didn’t anyone tell me this?” I exasperated.

“She said that everyone knew.” He said.

“So she’s okay?” I asked.

“I wouldn’t say she was okay, she’s pretty messed up. She’s so depressed; it’s a struggle to get her to talk. She basically just lays on Alex’s couch.” He explained.

“Do you think you could go over there and call me so I could talk to her? She’s not answering anyone’s calls and there’s something she needs to know.” I asked in a rushed tone.

“Sure. Hold on, I’m getting another call.” He told me. “Dems,” he said after taking me off of hold, but he didn’t sound like Jack, he sounded worried.

“What is it? Is it Selena?” I gulped.

“You need to call her mom and tell her to get to Baltimore.” He said very worried.

“Why?” my heart dropped and I turned to face Alex and Brian who looked scared.

“That was Alex on the other line; he said that he had to call an ambulance. Selena is on her way to the hospital.” And with those words I felt my world go black. My best friend is on her way to the hospital on the other side of the country and I am terrified.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Alex and Brian still think Debby has nothing to do with Selena's misery. I loved Demi's name calling though, that was hilarious. Selena is on her way to the hospital in Baltimore, what do you think happened to her? Was there an accident, or did she do something to herself?