Status: Bittersweet Goodbye. This story is now complete.

Let the Walls Fall Down

Chapter 8

I got back to LA yesterday after a week in Texas for the Thanksgiving holiday and I called Demi to go to an early dinner with me. But the secret is, we’re not going to dinner, we’re going to Brian’s surprise birthday party that Alex Deleon is throwing him. I know if I tell Demi that, she won’t come with me, so of course I lied. I just pray that she doesn’t kill me afterwards. Not only for tricking her into going to this party with me but I’m sure Debby Ryan will be at the party and I still haven’t told Demi about her and
Alex dating. I feel really bad about it, but if I tell her the truth then she’ll never speak to Alex and they both need to at least get closure if nothing else.

I knocked on Demi’s door excitedly. I haven’t seen her new place yet, but also because I can’t wait to get to this party. What can I say, I miss Brian. Demi answered the door and I could already tell that she was running late. “Sorry, I’m not ready.” She said out of breath as she let me into her apartment.

I laughed at her as I shook my head, “you always take forever to get ready.” Demi has always taken the longest to get ready. “Go finish getting ready, Lovato.” I smacked her butt as I closed the door. She yelped then laughed as she skipped through her apartment.

The drive to Disneyland was going good, until she picked up that we were going to Disneyland and not out to the early dinner like I told her. She was upset that I lied to her, but I think she started to be okay with the idea once we were there. Though she still didn’t know that Alex would be at this party just that it was for a friend of mine. Once we were inside the House of Blues she started to look around, I could tell by the look on her face that she started to pick up that Alex could possibly be here. I spotted Brian in the crowd and left Demi’s side before she could kill me. I know I should have told her I was leaving but if I had then she would have watched to see where I was going and I don’t want anyone to know about me and Brian just yet. I threatened Jack and Gaskarth not to tell Demi until I was ready, pretty sure they are fond of their penises because they haven’t said a word about them knowing I hooked up with Brian in Philly.

Once I reach Brian he took my hand and pulled me into the girl’s bathroom. Once we were safely inside he started to kiss me like this was the last time he would be. “I’ve missed you.” he said breathlessly as he pushed my dress up to my stomach. He reach down taking ahold of the back of my thighs and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist.

“It’s been a week since I saw you.” I pointed out with a laugh. I actually flew to New York to see him the day before his birthday. I actually saw their concert for the first time even though I had been in the same town as them a few times. After that though I had to go to Texas to be with my family. It sucked to leave him, but I had to do it.

“I know, but it feels like longer. I think I am becoming attached to you.” he smiled. My heart melted the moment those words left his lips. I put my hand on the back of his neck and kissed him with everything I had. I clung to him and never wanted to let go.

Brian pinned me up against the wall as he started kissing and biting my neck. I’m pretty sure that he was going to leave a mark, but right now I could care less. All I wanted was to kiss him and to feel his body pressed up against mine. I was gasping with pleasure as he continued to kiss my neck and down to the tops of my breasts. I could feel hands caressing my body which was sending ripples of pleasure through my body. If Brian doesn’t feel the heat radiating off my lady parts then something is wrong with him.

“I need you.” I moaned.

“Whatever you want baby girl.” He whispered as he backed up and sat me on the edge of the sink. I held onto the sink, biting my lip in anticipation.

“Pants off…now.” I commanded. Brian smiled at me then winked as he slowly and treacherously took off his jeans. I glared at him and growled which made him laugh. Once his pants and boxers were at his ankles he pushed my dress up further and tore my panties off. “Those were new!” I growled.

“I’ll buy you new ones, sexier ones.” He said as he pecked my lips. I was about to say something but instead I was shocked with Brian pushing himself inside me.

“Shit.” I moaned. I held onto the sink tighter in fear that I might fall in or fall off. The pleasure was almost too much to handle. I leaned my head back and bit my lip so I wouldn’t be loud, I didn’t need anyone to hear us. But that is the least of our worries because just as Brian started to speed up, the bathroom door flew open and there stood Demi and Jack with their mouths hanging open in shock.

“Holy shit!” Brian yelled and tried to hide my naked bottom, as I said “oh my god” over and over with one of my hands over my face. I was so embarrassed.

“Holy fuck balls!” Jack laughed. “Get it!” he cheered. Demi quickly closed the door and Brian slid out of me.

“That was so embarrassing.” I whined as I jumped off the sink.

“I’ve been caught with my pants down before.” Brian admitted. “It just sucks that the moment was ruined.” He pulled up his pants.

I pulled my dress down, hoping it’ll keep my butt covered since I don’t have panties now, as I walked over to Brain. “I’ll make it up to you.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in. “I promise.” I whispered then kissed him softly.

“I’ll look forward to it.” he smiled against my lips then pecked them. “We should get out there before someone else walks in or something.” I nodded and picked up my purse before we opened the door. There stood Demi, Jack and Alex.

“Oh my god!” I whined and buried my face in the crook of Brian’s neck. “This is so embarrassing.” It was one thing for my best friend to catch me with a guy balls deep in me, but to have someone I have never met know, it’s just too embarrassing for me.

Brian rubbed my back comforting. “At least it was our friends who caught us and not some random people.” He tried to look on the brighter side.

“Wait, you two” Alex pointed back and forth between me and Brian, “were in there. Oh my god.”

“Can we stop talking about it?” I groaned then walked away. I heard Brain call me but I just kept walking until he caught up to me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me into his arms. “Everything is fine. They are our friends and won’t tell. Plus it was going to come out sooner or later.” He said.

“I know I just like the thrill of sort of sneaking around. But now we can have more fun. Actually go to lunch or something.” I smirked.

“I love the sound of that.” He smiled brightly.

Jack walked over and put an arm around each of us as he guided us toward a crowd of people. Most of them were their bands and a girl I didn’t know. “So guys, guess what I just witnessed.” Jack said to everyone. “These two fucking in the bathroom.”

“What, you couldn’t wait until after the party?” Rian laughed. The girl next to him smacked his chest. “You’re horrible.” She told him but he just shrugged.

“Did you really have to tell everyone?” I glared at Jack playfully.

“You will learn quickly that I keep nothing secret.” He said as he hugged me close to his side.

“He’s right; nothing is secret with our group. Learn to love it babe.” Gaskarth laughed. I just rolled my eyes.

“Whoa wait a minute! You were at the show in New York, the day before this asshole’s birthday. We were going to sing happy birthday to him but no one could find him. Were you two fucking somewhere backstage?” Rian oh so graciously pointed out. I’m sure my face just turned red. I covered my face with one hand and hid in Brian’s chest.

“I think that is a yes dude.” Alex laughed hysterically.

“Get it! Get it! Get it!” Jack chanted as he basically humped me and Brian.

“Oh my god!” my voice squeaked as I laughed.

"I'm done chasing actresses." Stephen sang with a chuckle. I gave him a confused look, "Brian wrote a song and that was a lyric."

I glared playfully at Brian, "Oh really? So I guess I should just leave now huh? And not give you what I promised."

Brian tightened his grip on my waist, "Like hell! It's just a song, and I meant it at the time, but you're special, you deserved to be chased."

"You're so cheesy." I shook my head.

We stood around and talked and danced. I learned that the girl that was next to Rian was Cassadee, his girlfriend. I’m starting to really love this group of people. I am glad that I went to Florida that day because if I hadn’t I would never had met them and starting many new friendships. Brian said he was going to go get a drink. A few seconds after he walked away Jess got my attention and said that Demi was crying. I turned around quickly and saw her with Brian, in tears. I rushed over to her. “What did he do? Do I have to kick his ass?” I asked quickly. I may be tiny but I am not afraid to kick a guy’s ass.

“No you don’t. And he didn’t do anything to me. I just can’t be around him, it’s too difficult.” She told me. I gave her a weak smile and hugged her tightly knowing that she needed one.

“It doesn’t have to be difficult.” I whispered. She looked up at me confused. “Get that look off of your face because I do know about Debby. I am sorry I never told you.”

“What else have you been keeping from me?” she cut me off then eyed Brian.

“We will talk about that later.” I smiled brightly. I know I have been keeping whatever is going on with me and Brian a secret, but I am finally ready to tell her all about it. I need to tell her all about the butterflies in my stomach and how he makes me melt. “All you need to do is tell him the truth. I know you’re terrified to get hurt, but you have to take risks in order to figure out the future. If you don’t take risks you’re going to be stuck in a pit of ‘what ifs’ and I don’t want that for you. Yes, you may get hurt because he may change his mind, but you can still get your happily ever after. You don’t know what he will say if you tell him that you still love him. What happened wasn’t your fault.” I saw her sigh; she is having a hard time believing that what happened wasn’t her fault. I don’t think she’ll never stop blaming herself. I just hope she won’t let it eat her alive.

“Look Debby is my little sister and I don’t want to see her hurt.” Brian said. I glared at him. “Brian, please don’t start this conversation again.” I begged him. He keeps telling me that he doesn’t want Debby hurt, but I am not going to let my best friend suffer any more either.

“Let me finish.” He chuckled. “I love Debby with all of my heart, but Alex is also my best friend who I care about a lot. I don’t want either of them hurt. This is where I have to make a choice, when they started dating I didn’t know whether to be happy or pissed off. I didn’t want my best friend to date my little sister because if this relationship went sour I would have to kick my best friend’s ass or be really fucking pissed at my little sister. Neither one I want to do. Then there is this situation where a girl is clearly madly in love with my best friend.”

I zoned out as continued to talk to Demi. I’m pretty sure that I just fell in love with Brian just now. I thought for sure that us being on opposite sides of this whole situation would tear us apart, but he just surprised me by telling Demi all of this. I’m not entirely sure if he’s really doing this so Alex has a fair shot at the truth, or if he’s doing this for me. But either way I am completely infatuated with his man. All I want to do is to take him back in that bathroom and finish what we started then tell him that I am completely in love with him. But I won’t because it is way too soon for me to be feeling this and too soon for me to start that conversation with him. We aren’t even dating yet, hell we just made it known that we’ve been having an affair or whatever you want to call it.

I was finally brought out of my thoughts when I heard “Die Young” by Ke$ha started playing. “Do you wanna dance?” I asked Demi, but she turned me down and said that I should go dance with Brian. I really didn’t want to leave her alone but she said she would be fine. She had some e-mail that I am assuming that Brian sent her to read then she was going to go find Alex. I really hope that she does talk to him because they deserve a second chance and true love.

After me and Brian danced to about five songs I saw Alex across the room. Demi obviously hasn’t gone to talk to him yet. I looked around the building and saw her sitting by the balcony upstairs. I sighed because she looked so troubled. “I’m going to go talk to Alex, I will be right back.” I told Brian.

“Okay, play nice please. I am kind of fond of my best friend.” He laughed.

“I won’t kill him.” I kissed his cheek. “Please look after Demi for me.” I pointed up to the balcony. He nodded and promised he would.

As I made my way over to Alex I saw that he was cuddled up to Debby, the girl is nice but in this particular moment I wanted to gauge her eyes out. I know that is incredibly rude because she and Alex seem really happy together, but I know that he still loves Demi and he deserves to know the truth. “Can I borrow your boyfriend for a few minutes?” I asked Debby nicely.

“Sure, it’s a free country.” She smiled. Alex kissed her cheek and told her that he would be back in a few minutes. I had him follow me to the outside deck where we sat down at one of the tables.

“Is this were you tell me to stay the hell away from Demi?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Why would I do that?” I asked in an amused tone.

“I saw the tears in her eyes that she was trying so hard to hide.” He looked down at the table. “Don’t girls get all defensive when a guy is the cause of their friend’s tears?”

“Yes we frown upon guys making our friends cry. But I know for a fact that you didn’t cause her tears, she did it to herself.” I explained to him.

“Then if this isn’t about killing me and disposing my body, what is it about? Because if it’s about Brian he hasn’t said a word about you.” his face scrunched up in confusion.

I laughed as I shook my head. “No one knew about me and Brian because there is nothing to tell, we are just friends.”

Alex snorted, “Friends don’t hook up in the bathroom in a public place.”

I rolled my eyes and ignored his statement because this wasn’t about me and Brian. “This conversation is about you and Debby.”

“How is that your business exactly?” he asked defensively.

“Because Demi may have caused her own tears, but they were partly caused by Debby. That is where I have to step in and mediate the situation before it gets ugly.” I told him as I folded my hands on the table.

“Demi was the one who broke up with me without an explanation and is still acting sketchy.” He pointed out.

I sighed as I tilted my head backwards before looking back at Alex. “I know, but she is scared out of her mind.”

“Scared of what? Me?” he got defensive again. I don’t blame him though because we both know that he’d never intentionally hurt Demi, or any girl for that matter.

“Yes of you! Or well of her feelings for you.” I explained to him.

“That makes no sense. Why would she run away if she has feelings for me?” I could hear the frustration in his voice.

“That you will have to ask her because I won’t break her trust. I smiled apologetically with a shrug. I am the only person who knows the reason why Demi broke up with Alex and why she pushed him out of her life. It’s partly tied to her emotions and partly due to something huge that happened. “But know that she felt horribly. She cried herself to sleep that night on my bed and that’s where she stayed for five days after. It would have been longer but her zombie state terrified my mom so she called Demi’s mom.”

“I am not following how this relates to Debby.” He said, ignoring what I just told him. But I could tell he’s thinking about it by the concern in his eyes.

“Because I am here to tell you that you have a decision to make.” He flashed me a confused look when I told him that. “I need to know if you see your relationship with Debby lasting. Whether it is y’all dating for a while and ending amicably or getting engaged at some point and living happily ever after. If that’s the case then let me know so I can take care of Demi. But if you foresee yourself being able to give Demi a second chance then, well you know what you have to do.”

He sighed and rand his hands down his face. He looked so torn and I felt bad for him, but I have to look out for my best friend. “You’re her best friend; tell me why it was so scary to love me? Or at least tell me why she’s so freaked out now. She looked like she was going to be cool with me then she flipped a switch.”

“She misses you and wanted to see if y’all could get back together, but then she saw you with Debby. Plus she psyched herself out. She feels that you won’t forgive her.” I bit my lip as I took a deep breath.

“Would you forgive her if you were me?” he asked curiously.

“I’m probably not the right person to ask, I’m way too forgiving.” I laughed softly.

“But you’re the only one who can answer it.” he retorted and well he did have a point. “Plus no one can be too forgiving. Some things are unforgiveable.”

I laughed at that. If he only knew. “I was with a guy who cheated on me three times, with the same girl, and I continued to take him back. After I had a pregnancy scare he swore that he would never leave me or cheat on me again. Three weeks later he broke up with me saying that he needs to focus on his career.”

His eyes widened in shock and a bit of horror. “Wow what a douche. You shouldn’t have had to go through that crap.” He said sincerely.

“Thanks.” I smiled. “but to answer your question, what happened wasn’t her fault. She feels that it was her fault though and that once you find out that you won’t forgive her and she doesn’t want you to hate her. So in my opinion and if I were you, I would forgive her.”

I saw him struggling with his thoughts. I know throwing this at him all at once is overwhelming, but Demi is going through the same thing and she comes first. I need to know if I am going to have to stalk up on junk food and comfort her or throw a party for her happiness.

“I can’t make a decision lightly. I don’t want to hurt either girl. What do I do?” I know that was a rhetorical question but I answered anyways.

“You have to figure out which girl you see a future with.” I told him honestly. “Just let me know if I am going to have to pick up the pieces.”

“Should you have left her alone?” he asked highly concerned. This made me smile.

“She’s okay, Brian is watching over her for me. Plus she has plenty of friends here to protect her and entertain her. She won’t be doing anything stupid, I can promise you that.” I told him.

“So is the part of the conversation where I tell you not to play my best friend?” he joked.

“I won’t.” I promised. I may not entirely know where Brian and I are going right now, but over the past few weeks he has become a really good friend and I enjoy talking to him and spending any time I can with him. He makes me laugh which is really refreshing after all of my drama.

“How did that even happen?” he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

I laughed as I thought about how all of this started. “We actually had a one night stand a couple years ago.” I watched Alex’s eyes widen in shock. “Then a few weeks ago I went to Florida to get Gaskarth’s help with getting you and Demi back together and well things just happened.” I left out the details of my melt down.

“I’m his best friend, why hasn’t he told me any of this?” I wasn’t sure if this question rhetorical or not so I just shrugged.

“I’m not sure why he never told you about our one night stand, maybe because no one would believe him. But about what’s happening now, I asked him not to.” I told him.

“Why because you’re ashamed of him?” he didn’t sound angry, just curious.

“Of course not!” my voice squeaked. “I am just scared. I have no idea where we are going and I don’t want to get hurt. Plus Justin is pissed enough at me and saying I am a whore, I don’t want to give him any more ammunition because if we do make things official Justin will flip a shit and I know Brian will kill him. He already does because Justin keeps harassing me.”

“You’re falling for him. I can tell in your eyes. They sparkle when you say his name.” he pointed out.

“I am. But we’re taking things slow, getting to really know each other. And he’s giving me time to deal with my break up and be in a place where I am okay with starting a new relationship.” I smiled.

“He’s a good guy, be good to him. I haven’t seen him look this happy in a long time.” He told me.

“I’m happy to make him happy.” I giggled. “I should get back to him, and see how Demi is doing. She said she was going to find you but hasn’t yet so…” I trailed off as I stood up.

“Thanks for talking to me, and if you ever need me to put Brian in his place you can call me.” he laughed.

“I will.” I laughed along with him. He hugged me tightly then I left him to his thoughts and I went back inside.

It didn’t take me long to find Brian again, he was talking to some of his friends. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed his cheek. “Hey.”

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and hugged me as he kissed my forehead. “How did the talk go?”

“Good, I think. We will have to wait and see.” I shrugged. “Where is Demi?”

“She was talking Rian and Jack, but then disappeared a couple minutes ago.” He said. I looked around to see if I could spot her and I saw her coming out of the bathroom. She started toward the exit when Alex came back inside, it looked like she was going to go up to him but Debby found him first and she froze. I saw her sigh then look around, when she saw me she quickly made her way over to me. Brian let go of me so I could hug her.

“Everything will be okay, I promise.” I whispered to her.

“I hope so.” She whispered back. “But for now, let’s just have some fun.” She smiled. and that’s exactly what we did. We danced and acted like we didn’t have a care in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's Selena's POV of what happened at Brian's party. Looks like innocent little Selena was a horny little girl. haha. How did y'all like the conversation between Alex and Selena? That was pretty intense. I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think! :)