Status: active

Easy to Fall in Love

I swear the moon don't hang 'round like it used to babe.

"Man, am I tired." I yawned and rested my head in my hands. I nuzzled up against Adam's side and he rubbed my back in circular motions. "I should get home and go to bed." I stood up and smoothed out my skirt. "You guys can stay, if you're having fun. I don't want to bum you out."

"I don't want you to go alone. I'm coming too." Adam got up and held my hand.

"You don't have to do that." I reached up and tousled his hair. "I can take care of myself, don't worry."

"I know, but still. Hunter and I can always get drunk and stupid another night."

"I can go with her," Justin piped up. "If you want. I mean, I'm pretty tired too. You and Hunter should have some more fun and, uh catch up." Justin shoved his hands in his pockets and looked over Adam's shoulder.

"Are you sure?" Adam looked between the two of us. This is one of the moments I was ecstatic Adam had no idea about my previous feelings for Justin.

"I'll be fine! Don't worry." I stood on my tip toes to kiss him and then hugged Hunter goodbye. Justin called us a cab and then we went outside to wait for a bit. It was starting to get pretty chilly outside and I shivered. I hugged myself and bounced up and down.

"You cold?" Justin asked concerned. I nodded my head. "Here." He shrugged off his leather jacket and put it over my shoulders. He pulled me to him and rubbed my arms to create warmth. "Better?"

"Yeah, thanks." I smiled up at him. "I don't know why it's so cold, it's August."

"I can't believe it's already August...you first came in the middle of June. That feels like forever ago."

"I know what you mean. Sometimes I can't even remember my life before this." There was silence for a minute. "Anyway, it's probably just my outfit. It's not exactly made for comfort."

"Speaking of outfits, did I mention how great you look tonight?" He laughed.

"No, but thanks." I laughed too. I shivered again suddenly, so he pulled me even closer.

"I'm her blanket when it's five degrees, it's so cold we can see when we breathe. What she really wants, is to be next to me." Justin sang softly in my ear.

"Nice. Not corny at all," I laughed.

"I'll be her shelter while we wait for our cab, standing in the rain. And it never seems to bother me..." He leaned down slowly. I froze, just hoping he wasn't doing what I thought he was. Luckily a honk interrupted him. He left go and I quickly got into the backseat of the cab. He slid in next to me and told the driver the address of the motel.

He shut the partition and looked at me. He looked away and stayed silent for a few minutes. He cleared his throat and looked back over at me.

"I'm sorry...I just got, um, caught up. That wasn't cool." The car came to a stop in front of the motel. I got out and paid the driver. I started to say something, but couldn't figure out how to put it into word. I swallowed hard and locked eyes with him.

"See you tomorrow Justin."