Status: active

Easy to Fall in Love

and all the roads we have to walk are winding.

“Hello?” I answered my phone the second it started ringing. It wouldn’t say it woke me up. I’d been lying in this foreign bed just waiting for someone—anyone to call me. I’d barely slept at all last night.

“Hi, do you have a moment to talk about your current car insurance?” Not Hunter or Adam. I would have even preferred Justin to some annoying telemarketer chick. She was the last person I wanted to talk to.

“Sorry no, life is kind of falling apart at the seams at the moment.” I kicked my covers off grabbed my jeans off the floor. I slipped them on one handed.

“Oh, uh…” she stuttered.

“So, bye now.” I hung up. I shoved the few things that I brought inside with me in my bag and got back on the road.

My phone rang again about halfway through Indiana. I checked the caller ID and it was probably the one person who I’m not mad at or isn’t mad at me.

“Hey May.” I switched my phone to speaker so I could drive with both hands.

“Hi Donia, how are you?” She sounded concerned. “Your message worried me a little—you sounded upset.”

“Yeah, well I’ve been better. I could really use a good night’s sleep and you know, a brain transplant.”

“Well I can get a flight soon and be there in two hours. I just have a few things to take care of first.”

“Okay. I’ll text you when I get there and let you know where I’m staying and stuff.” I said nothing for a minute and stared at the road. “And Auntie May?”

“Yes?”

“Thanks. For being here.”

I was in Illinois, and had been for a while, but now I was finally in Chicago. I cruised the streets and smiled. I may have been in a piss poor mood, but I was still going to enjoy the city.

When I left Lila gave me the info of a hotel in Chicago she and her friends stayed at after prom. She was born here and lived here up until she was eighteen. Then she decided she wanted to go to Alabama and I will never know or understand why.Luckily, she also wrote down addresses of cool bars and music stores to check out. That's exactly want I needed to get my mind of things. I need cool places to take pictures of and good music to listen to.

The light turned red so I looked for the paper in my purse while looking back up every couple moments to see if the color had changed to green. It wasn't in there so I pulled down my visor to see if I stuck it up there when I was in a hurry. It fell and a photo fluttered down with it. I forgot I was at a stop light and stared at the photo in my lap. Justin was sitting on the drivers side of my car and I was in the passengers seat taking photos of him. I took a whole bunch of him driving me around town that day and when I got a few printed I stuck one up there to remind me. It was a great day. Before all the mess, before Adam, before he told me he loved me. When everything went to hell I hid it out of view, but couldn't bring myself to throw it away.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its short i am just so stuck