A Dad is a Son's First Hero and a Daughter's First Love

Mummy's Birthday

Kate's POV
I woke up with a pair of tiny feet in my back and then another pair and I knew the twins were in the bed. They began giggling and moving around entertaining each other.
"What are two doing?" I rolled over to see the two of them with big smiles on their faces.
"You cheeky little things," I tickled them making their laughter fill the room.

"Happy Birthday Mummy!" Asher came running in and jumped onto the bed almost taking the twins out in the process. 
"Careful sweetie," I warned as he grabbed Luka and pulled him into his lap.

"Morning," Evgeni walked in with a bowl of fruit and some juice. I had been begging him to make me a fruit salad all night but he was being lazy and wouldn't do it.
"Happy Birthday," he lent down and kissed my cheek placing the bowl in my lap and the cup of juice on the bedside dresser.
"Thanks Hun."

He was being so sweet lately and I loved him even more for it.

"When Vero come get you?" he kissed my forehead as I settled next to him.
"What you already want to get rid of me?" 
"No just ask, I take kids to park."

"We are going to the park?" Asher's eyes widened with excitement.
"Yes," I noticed Evgeni wink and Asher giggled.
"What?" I looked between the two of them.
"Nothing," Evgeni looked away.

Evgeni's POV
"Are sure mummy want kitten or you want kitten?" I looked down at our son as he mashed his face up against the glass of the pet shop. 
"Mummy," he looked up at me with his little smile that made it hard to say no to. 
"Maybe, but we get lunch first," I grabbed the pram, "come on."
"I help push," he ran after me and latched onto the twins pram.

I hadn't had time to take Asher shopping to pick out her present and since Vero had arranged a girls day for her birthday I was taking that chance. Yes it was late but that's how I do things.

Kate hated going shopping with the kids. Me on the other hand, I didn't see what she was complaining about that was until of course Lacey decided to chuck one of her tantrums.

Everyone who walked by stared at me like I was ill equipped to deal with my children. People frowned, others just stared but I hoped to god that she would stop crying soon.

I gave her one of Asher's chips in hope that she was hungry but she threw it away like it was nothing.

"Hey Princess it's ok, shhh. Please be good for daddy," I grabbed her from their pram and held her to my chest.
My russian always calmed her down.
"Here," I grabbed her bottle of water as she sniffled back tears before settling with her head on my shoulder.

"Daddy?" Asher spoke up with a mouth full of chips.
"Finish first," I pointed to him and he knew what I was talking about, quickly chewing down the chips.
"Mummy likes chocolate."
"Ok I have idea."

Kate loved orchids so we went to the flower shop and bought bunches of flowers, chocolates and two little teddies from the twins.

"Can we get kitten?" Asher pointed back to the pet shop window where the little lonely fur ball sat staring back at us.

Kate's POV
"Hey boys," I walked in just after dinner to find them cuddled up on the couch watching a movie.
"Mummy," Asher stirred in Evgeni arms.
"Hey baby boy," I lent down and kissed his forehead.
"Why you gone so long?" Evgeni stretched.
"Veronique made plans to fill the whole day," I flopped onto the couch next to them.

That was when I heard a small meow sound.
"Umm what was that?" I looked at Evgeni who had a guilty smile on his face.
"Birthday present," he pulled the blankets around and in his hand was a little brown kitten.
"Evgeni," I frowned, "we are supposed to discuss things like this, we can't keep it," he put the kitten in my lap.
"But mum she the last one left," Asher sat up with his tired and sad little eyes.
"Ash we already have two dogs," I pointed to our lazy pooches on the floor.
"I know but Rhys has two dogs and a cat."
"I don't know, but I think it's definitely your bed time," I looked at the clock.
"Ok," he petted the kitten and gave it a kiss goodnight.
"We will be there in a minute," he ran up the stairs to his room.

Evgeni's POV
"Is mummy going to make us take her back?" Asher looked sad as I tucked him into bed.
"Don't worry bud, it be ok," I gave him a kiss on the forehead, "just go sleep ok."
"Goodnight."

"See she cute," I walked into the bedroom.
"I guess she is pretty cute," she held the kitten up to her face a nuzzled their noses together as the little kitten meowed.
"So we keep her?" I headed into wardrobe to get changed.
"It can't hurt having another animal."
"Good," I walked out with her huge bunch of flowers and teddies.
"Evgeni," she smiled placing the cat next to her.
"Rest of birthday present," I put them in her lap.
"They are beautiful," she leant over and kissed my lips.

I would spend all the money in the world to make her happy but Kate was simple and she would have flowers and chocolates for every occasion and still be happy.