A Dad is a Son's First Hero and a Daughter's First Love

She Said Yes

Evgeni’s POV
I had been trying to build up my self confidence for tonight. It was my birthday and I was the one pampering Kate not the other way around. But with Asher begging to be with us it was hard to leave the kids with Sergei.
“I promise we be back soon,” I picked him up and gave him a big tight hug, “I love you.”
“I love you too,” I saw everyone’s adoring faces as the smiled at me with Asher.

“Don’t worry she is going to say yes. You already have to family, your just doing it all backwards,” Sergei panted my shoulder.
“I hope so,” Kate shot me a glare, she hated when I spoke in Russian keeping her out of the loop. Something I had been doing a lot lately but it would be well worth it in a few hours.

“So where are we going exactly?” she had been confused by me because I had been putting so much pressure on making tonight perfect but we weren’t dressed up fancy.
“You remember bar on very first date?” I smiled at her.
“Yes the one you have been promising to take me back to for ages now.”
“I will, remember I tell you it just like favourite bar in Russia?”
“Something about it.”
“I take you there,” I tightened my grip around her.

“So why are you so nervous then?” she put her hand on my chest as I stood at the open door waiting for her to go in.
“Is special to me,” I shrugged trying not to give it all away.

We sat down in the booth next to each other; there was no way I would be able to deal with her eyes looking at me all the time.

Her hand sat on my thigh as my knee jumped up and down trying not to give her a chance to slip her hand in my pocket where the ring was sitting. I grabbed her hand as it slipped dangerously close and placed a kiss to the back of it but kept a hold of it sliding my thumb over the top of it. There was no way this wasn’t going to be the perfect night for her.

Her intense staring at the menu told me just how frustrated she was getting not being about to read it. I was about to recommend something when she said she would have whatever I was having.

I thought long and hard about what to get. I opted for something I knew she would like, anything with chicken and she would be happy.

When our food came out she smiled widely, “Did you pick it because of me?” she saw the pasta and chicken with a salad.
“Maybe,” I picked up my fork, “or maybe just like first date.”
“It’s your birthday you should have picked what you wanted,” she frowned.
“I pick pierogi’s,” I smiled taking a bite of the hot food and regretting it instantly.
“Evgeni,” she laughed as I almost spat out the food from it burning my mouth.
“Is hot,” I fanned my mouth as she continued to laugh.
“Here have some water,” she poured me a refreshingly cold drink to cool my mouth.
“Thanks,” I coughed trying not to choke on the extremely hot food.

The rest of dinner went off without anymore burnt mouths or problems just some comfortable silence.

“Want to play pool?” I nodded in the direction of the tables.
“Yes,” her eyes widened at the idea, “and this time I will beat you,” she pointed with a smug look.
“I am best at pool, always win.”

Kate’s POV
Dinner was nice but I could feel sense some tension of Evgeni’s part. I had planned for a lovely night when we got home of just the two of us, which is why the kids were staying the night with Sergei, something Evgeni didn’t know yet.

He was still being the sweet and funny guy that I couldn’t resist even if he was being a little awkward at times.

Each time I went to touch he pulled away and kissed my hands, normally I wouldn’t mind but I was planning on having my way with him for the first time in… well since I was pregnant with the twins.

I was beginning to give up hope when he seemed to get the same idea. We were both even on the last ball and I was having trouble figuring out my shot.

“Here I help,” he lent over me, his hands encasing mine, his body pressed against mine and I was about to melt.
The shot was slow and smooth and went straight in. I turned around and he was smiling with success, “yeah but now I have won,” I reminded him.
“Doesn’t matter,” he just shrugged.

It didn’t matter now but the next time we played pool it would get personal and if he was going to keep pulling moves like that for the rest of night I was going to jump him right here, right now.

“Want to go for walk?” he put the pool cues away.
“Where?” I titled my head at him.
“To Red Square,” he copied me earning a punch to the arm.

“What?” he laughed rubbing his arm.
“Don’t tease me,” I pouted.
“Come on,” he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side.

We walked like that for a few minutes before I was blown away by the beautiful site of red square.

Evgeni had talked about it all the time and shown me so many pictures of it but it didn’t do it any justice as its beauty in real life.

“Look,” Evgeni pointed to the giant red building.
“I know it’s beautiful,” I stared at it lost in it’s beauty.
“Kate,” my attention was drawn back to Evgeni. But when I turned around there he was kneeling on the ground with a ring in his hand.
“Evgeni,” my hands went to my face as I began smiling and crying all at the same time.
“Will you be Mrs Malkin?” he smiled looking so innocent and shy in front of me.
“Of course,” he slipped the simple silver ring on my finger.

I grabbed his face and pulled him up to me, “You,” I smiled kissing him hard, “I love you,” I ran my hand down the side of his face.
“I love you too,” he smiled wrapping his arms around me.

“Do you like it?” he eventually pulled away and looked at the ring sitting on my finger.
“I love it,” I got a better look at it.
“I know you like simple,” he traced the tiny rock embedded in the silver.
“It’s amazing, just like you,” I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with the hair on the back of his neck.

“Now I think it’s your turn for your surprise,” I played with the belt buckle on his jeans.
“Hey, not here,” he grabbed my hands and looked around to make sure nobody was watching.
“Is someone shy now?” I teased slipping my hands under his shirt and walking my fingers up his stomach.
“No,” he gulped.
“Lies,” I grabbed his hand and dragged him in the direction we had come.
♠ ♠ ♠
These two are officially the cutest couple in the entire world :)

Also guys if you have been reading my story 'Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place' then you might want to head on over and check out it's prequel 'I Can't do This to You'