Sequel: For the First Time

Diary of a Hunter

NINETEEN

I woke up the next morning and checked the time. It was eight thirty. God, we probably hadn't gotten any sleep at all last night. I sat up and kicked my legs over the side of the bed to stand up until I realized that I was naked.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, hugging the sheet close to my body. I laughed at my stupidity. I then noticed Dean, sleeping on the pillow next to me. His mouth was open, the right side of his face pressed against the pillow. I laughed again. I loved the little freckles that ran across his cheeks and on his back. I began to kiss the trail of freckles on his back.

"Good morning, boyfriend," I smiled, as he started to wake up. He rolled over in bed onto his back and looked over at me as I sat up, wrapping the sheets around my body, pressing them against my chest.

"Well, you sure know how to wake a guy up," he said, stretching out his arms and yawning.

I giggled, "Yes, well it's one of my many talents."

He smirked, "Speaking of your many talents…"

"Yeah… that was definitely not a dream… last night," I said, trailing off a bit. I looked down, blushing a little but Dean put two fingers underneath my chin and pulled my face up. He then sat up and kissed me. I kissed him back, happier than ever. It was like I was floating on air. I had woken up this morning and after replaying the events of last night, processing everything, couldn't stop smiling. Having sex with Dean had definitely been the right choice and I regretted none of it.

"Hey, we should head back today. I'll call Dad and you can… shower or something," Dean suggested. Ughhh, did we have to get back to reality?

"Are you saying I smell?" I accused, playfully. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"No, I'm saying that after last night, I need an excuse to keep you naked longer. Plus, I shouldn't take that long on the phone with Dad. Afterward, I can join you," he winked.

I giggled, "Well you sure do know how to sell a girl on an idea," I said.

"Eh, I try," Dean replied. He leaned in and kissed me. I hugged the sheet to my body and sat up. I picked Dean's shirt off of the floor and pulled it on, over my naked body. I picked up my bra and panties before disappearing into the bathroom.

Last night had been amazing; so surreal. I could barely believe that Dean and I had really done it. Well, now he could truthfully say that he wasn't a virgin any longer – neither was I. Ah, I had to call Molly. I made a mental note to tell her when I got back. I turned the water to the shower on and just let it run all over my body. I could hear Dean on the phone with his Dad in the next room. I massaged the soap bar on my skin and then used the complimentary shampoo.

"Need any help?" I heard a voice ask. I jumped at the sound, only to be relieved by the fact that it was Dean.

"Maybe. Maybe you should come in here, just in case," I said, playfully.

"I guess I should," Dean shrugged. Dean stepped into the shower and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Dean!" I exclaimed, giggling. Instead of replying with words, he simply kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and continued to kiss him. Things were just so perfect at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood outside waiting for Dean to come back from the motel office. He had returned the key because we were about to leave. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I smiled and cuddled up to Dean.

"I'm not ready to leave," I sighed, enjoying his comfort.

"Me either. Back to reality, huh?" Dean asked. I nodded in silence. "Last night was… nice. Not just because of the sex but, I don't know. We don't really get alone time and last night was the first time we were really alone. We live in a house with my dad, Bobby, and Sam. It's kind of hard to find some alone time."

"I know," I said back. "I liked it. And yes, it's really hard to find some alone time. And now Sawyer is probably joining us."

"You can't be mad at her," Dean said, nuzzling my neck with his nose.

I sighed, "I know, I'm trying my hardest. It's not her fault and I honestly don't have a reason to be mad at her I just… am."

"I know, baby," Dean said. "Here, you've got some snowflakes in your hair." Dean turned me around and started to pick the snowflakes out of my hair.

I giggled, "Yeah, I don't think you're going to be very successful with this," I teased.

"Wow? You're doubting me. I thought you believed in me," Dean said.

"I do, baby! But when it comes to snowflakes… we have to be realistic here. Plus, they melt anyways and there's no way you can get all of them," I clarified.

"Ah, I see. Aren't you cold?" he asked, laughing at me.

"No, I'm a very cold tolerant girl," I said, shrugging simply.

"Oh good. Then I guess you won't mind if I do this then," Dean said. He bent down and collected a handful of snow, hurling it at me.

"Dean!" I shrieked, running away from him.

"That's what you get from doubting me, woman!" Dean yelled, chasing after me. I bent down and picked up a handful of snow, throwing it at Dean.

"What? You didn't actually think that I'd just sit here and take it, did you?" I asked back. "Ah!" I ducked from another snowball that Dean had thrown at me but half of the snow still hit me. I bent down and collected more snow, throwing it back at him.

"Ah! Oh shit!" Dean yelled, slipping on some ice. He fell down on his back. I couldn't help but laugh. "You think it's funny?" he pouted.

"I'm sorry," I said, continuing to laugh. I walked over to him and offered my hand out. "I'm sorry, here. It's definitely not funny."

"Apology accepted," he said back. He took my hand and instead of getting up, he jerked my hand and pulled me down on top of him.

"Dean!" I shrieked, falling on top of him. The two of us looked at each other and smiled. We exchanged a laugh as I pressed my forehead against his. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I replied. I leaned down and kissed him once. "Hey, we should probably go before I catch… hypothermia or something."

"I have an extra sweater in the car. Do you want it?" Dean asked.

"I'd love it," I said. I got up and helped Dean up. My shirt was pretty wet from the cold snow and I got in the passenger seat. Dean got his sweater out of the trunk and then threw it to me as he got into the driver's seat. Dean started the car up but I didn't buckle. He backed out of the driveway and pulled out into the road. Here we were, back to reality.

I pulled my shirt off and threw it in the backseat. I noticed Dean glancing over at me multiple times. I could tell that he was trying not to look, or at least seem like he wasn't looking, but he was very unsuccessful. I pulled his oversized sweatshirt over my head. It went to about mid-thigh length, just right over my jeans. I pushed the sleeves up to my elbows. It was so comfy and smelled like Dean.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," Dean answered, trying to hide his smirk.

"That's not a nothing face," I pointed out.

"I-, you just took your shirt off. How else am I supposed to react?" Dean asked back. I chuckled and rolled my eyes playfully.

"It's nothing you haven't seen before," I replied. I smiled to myself. Hah. I could say that now.

"This is true," he smirked. I could tell where his mind was going. "Have I told you how great you look in clothes? I don't think I have but damn, baby…"

"Okay, another topic," I said, blushing and attempting to change the subject.

"Do you think we'll ever get another chance to do that again?" he asked. I honestly didn't know so I didn't really say anything. "I mean… do you even want to do that again?"

"Yes, of course, I do. Last night was great, Dean. It'll just get tricky with Bobby, and your dad in the house. And Sam and Sawyer too," I said.

Dean nodded, "I guess this is the downside of living together."

I chuckled, "I guess so."

An hour later, we were finally home.

"Oh thank God, you're okay!" Bobby exclaimed, as soon as the two of us got into the house. He hugged me close to him and I hugged him back before pulling away.

"Yeah, we're fine, Bobby. Everything is fine," I said.

"Your father was very worried," Bobby started.

"Where is he anyways?" I asked, curiously.

"He's uh, out with Sawyer. They're getting new clothes for her to have here. She's from Florida so they're not used to this cold weather. We still have a good amount of months left of the cold weather," Bobby said.

"Oh good. You're home," John said, coming into the room. "Everything went okay?"

"Yes, sir," Dean replied.

"Hey, I'm just going to go upstairs and take a nap. Traveling always makes me tired," I started.

"Okay," Bobby said, eyeing me suspiciously.

"See you guys later," I said, smiling politely before hurrying upstairs.

Later that day, John found his son in the kitchen eating a late lunch. Everyone else was occupied or doing something else and John found it would be the perfect time to have a word with his oldest son.

"What're you up to?" John asked.

"Lunch," Dean replied.

"I see that. So… you and Meredith have a good time last night?" John asked, casually. He leaned back against the back of the chair and took a sip of the beer that he had in his hands. Dean swallowed and looked up at his dad, a guilty look on his face.

"What do you mean? We just… slept? We were trapped in the snow. It's not like anything happened," Dean defended, trying to seem like he wasn't too eager or suspicious.

"Right, right," John mumbled. Dean took another bite of his sandwich and just chewed. He stared out of the window and looked in the Singer Salvage yard. "Look, Dean, I was a teenage boy once too. I know… what things are like. And I know that look on your face, boy. Don't even try to fool me."

"I… uh, Dad, I uh, don't know what you're talking about," Dean stammered as he shifted uncomfortably in his chair. He felt his throat getting dry and took a large swig from his glass of water.

"You slept together didn't you?" John asked.

Dean sighed. It was no use. His dad had busted him and there was really no use lying to his father, "Please don't tell Bobby or Caleb."

John let out a hearty laugh, "Don't worry, that's not why I'm talking to you about it. It's obviously something that's already happened and I can't change it. There's no use in punishing you for it. But Dean, I told you not-."

"Dad, it was her decision too. She wanted to," Dean defended.

"I know. You love her very much, I can see it in your eyes. I just want to make sure that you didn't push her into anything," John said.

"I swear, Dad. I didn't," Dean replied.

"Good, good," John said.

"How did you know?" Dean finally asked.

"I could tell the minute the two of you walked into the room just by the look on each your faces. Might I remind you that I've been in your place before?" John said.

"Right, um, I promise, it was a decision we both made. Please don't tell Bobby or Caleb," Dean repeated, nervously. This whole conversation made him feel uncomfortable. He would've preferred not talking to his dad about this.

"I won't! Telling Bobby would just set him off and Caleb Summers… he really doesn't need something else on his hands. That and he might actually kill you," John said.

Dean sighed with relief, "Sorry, this is just really awkward."

"Were you safe?" John asked.

"Of course we were, Dad!" Dean replied.

"Well, I don't think there's anything else I can say to you," John said, standing up.

"Thanks, Dad," Dean said, surprised that his dad had been so understanding about it.

John shrugged, "It was bound to happen at some point. Do I wish it was a little later in your life? Yes but it's already done. I can't change anything." John picked up his beer and walked away.