Sequel: Therapy
Status: This story is complete. Please note that certain chapters may act as a trigger, and if you feel yourself getting triggered at any time, I want you to stop and just breathe, okay? I'm only a message away if you need some random stranger to talk to.

If These Sheets Were States

I Think Myself Deserving of a Little Time Off

Bella and Paige had finished drowning their sorrows in copious amounts of hot chocolate. They'd laughed and sung their hearts out as they drove back to Bella's house, and they'd completed a spring clean of Bella's house, getting rid of a lot of rubbish along the way. Bella had even found it in her somewhere to throw out her 'sharps' box. Whilst she hadn't promised Alex that she wouldn't do anything silly, she was determined to try not to, no matter what it took.

Having finished the massive spring clean, they'd put on their favourite DVD and slumped down on the sofa, curling up with a bowl of popcorn and occasionally throwing bits at each other.

"Oh, c'mon! You gotta admit, it's a little bit pathetic that we are sitting here, watching our boyfriend's DVD." Bella stated as she threw another piece of popcorn at Paige.

"I'll have you know, I liked 'Straight to DVD' before we even met them, so be quiet."

"Okay, granted. But doesn't it feel a little bit weird to you?"

"A little. But it's nice. Plus, it makes me feel closer to them, let me have that, at least!"

"I miss Alex, Paige. Do you think we'll get to see them before they go?"

"I know damn well we will, because I'm not letting Zack leave this country without saying 'goodbye' to me! They're not leaving for a couple of days anyway, are they? Or a few?"

"Well Alex keeps saying a couple. It scares me that it might actually really be that close."

"Right, okay. Now we shut up and watch our boyfriends, okay? Good." And with that, Paige threw one last bit of popcorn at Bella, laughing when it hit her in the forehead. Bella couldn't help but laugh as she picked it up and ate it, shrugging her shoulders when Paige looked at her disgusted. They snuggled up together and watched the DVD. The knot still hadn't disappeared from Bella's stomach. She was still feeling sick.

- - - - - - - - - -

"It's perfect though, Alex!" Zack begged. "Please! C'mon, man!"

"I don't know though! I mean, I don't know if she'll agree!" Alex resisted, trying not to smile.

"Well that's why you ask and find out. Seriously. I need to know what's going on before we even attempt to leave." Matt warned with a serious look on his face. "I'm not kidding, Alex. You need to ask and you need to find out and get an answer so that we can sort this shit out."

"Wait, why are you so hung up on an answer?" Questioned Alex.

"Because I'm the one going to be paying out the money for their plane tickets, if they say yes. And you two will have a lot of cleaning to do as well. I sound like a fucking Dad. Just go back to them and find out whether they are willing to do it or not." Matt demanded.

"Woah, woah, woah. Wait. We need to do some planning first, before we ask them." Zack reminded them.

"Y'know what? You two do what you think you gotta do, I'm gonna go and get a beer because you two are driving me nuts. Alright?" Matt walked out of the hotel room, leaving Alex and Zack standing there, with looks of excitement and confusion on their faces.

Alex and Zack sat down and wrote out a list of the pros and cons of the brilliant idea they came up with, and fortunately enough, the good outweighed the bad. They made a list of everything that would be needed in order to complete their master plan. Upon finishing, they both smirked at each other and debated on ringing Paige and Bella.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Y'know, we should sneak into their suitcases or something and just surprise them. Imagine the look on their faces when they open up their luggage and we just spring outta there, like hey! It would be so - oh wait, Bella, pause the DVD."

"Why?"

Paige showed Bella her phone, the screen displaying a picture of Zack, saying that he was calling. Paige tried to swallow the piece of popcorn she was chewing on, as quick as she could, without causing a blockage in her throat. "Damn kernels!" Paige cursed as she spit out the kernel across the room.

"That's so gross!" Bella mouthed as she watched Paige answer the phone. Listening to Paige having a conversation with Zack, really made her miss Alex, she had to admit. She brought her phone from her pocket, surprised to see her's lit up with a picture of Alex and the words "Accept" and "Decline". She looked at Paige with a look of sheer puzzlement as she got up and walked out of the room, bringing her phone to her ear as she answered the call. "Babe, what's going on? It's really weird, Paige just got a call from Zack, and now I get a call from you?"

"That's weird. Look, I have some news to tell you."

"Oh, what?" Bella frowned.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Yes, of course I have a passport. I've been abroad before, for crying out loud. I haven't just stayed in this shitty country my whole life." Paige mimicked.

"Good. Second question. How do you feel about living with Bella?" Zack asked.

"That would be amazing! I get so lonely when I'm by myself in that fucking flat. Why?"

- - - - - - - - - -

"Bella, listen. It's nothing bad so stop freaking out and I can tell you. Eventually. Do you have a passport?"

"Erm, yeah, somewhere. Why?"

"Is it in date?"

"I couldn't tell you until I find it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. Me and Paige went on holiday together not too long ago."

"Alright, so saying that it is in date, how do you feel about living with Paige?"

"That would be so good. I wouldn't have to be alone. Wait, why are you asking me these questions? I'm confused."

- - - - - - - - - -

Paige put the phone down, not being able to control her emotions. She stood up to run out of the room to find Bella, but bumped into her as she got to the doorway. Bella stepped back, dazed and rubbing her head. She opened her eyes to find a smile of ecstasy across Paige's face.

"Don't tell me you already know what I'm going to tell you.."

"Depends.." Paige sung as she rocked back and forth on her heels, smiling like the cat who got the cream.

Bella screeched as they brought each other into a warm embrace, giggling and squealing. "What did you say?!"

"What did YOU say?" Paige returned the question.

"I didn't answer, I said I would talk to you about it, because I didn't know that's what Zack was phoning you about.. what did YOU say?"

"I said I would speak to you.. so I'm speaking to you now. What do you say? Yes or no? Please, Bella? We can go?"

"I really want to."

"THEN THAT'S IT. WE ARE GOING."

"OH MY GOD." Bella squealed as she hugged Paige tight, smiling from ear to ear. She pulled out her phone and called Alex back, Paige not even bothering because she knew full well that Alex and Zack were in the same room as each other. "WE ARE GOING TO BE LIVING TOGETHER, PAIGE."

"I know! I know Alex must have felt alone when Lisa and her friend moved out of his house, but I'm sure as hell glad they did!"

"Me too, hahaha. Paige, we're gonna be living together. Me and Alex are going to be living together. You and Zack are gonna be living together. Please say we can manage."

"We'll find a way." Paige winked.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Dude, your phone." Zack pointed to Alex's phone as Alex picked it up and winked at Zack. "Hey babe, oh, hey to you too, Paige.." Alex looked over to Zack, who motioned him to put it on loudspeaker and walked closer to Alex. "Yes, I'm listening.. okay, we're listening. How did you know we're in the same room? Are you like - what?" Alex said to Zack as he looked around.

"I'm just seeing if they're in here with us or something."

"No but we are on the phone to you two and we are trying to tell you something. First, Mr Gaskarth. We must inform you that we are not naive and stupid, you knew we were together, didn't you?"

"Maybe." Alex sniggered.

"What's the answer then?" Zack chirped up.

"YES!" Bella and Paige screamed down the phone, as Zack covered his ears and Alex held the phone as far away from him as possible.

"Alright then, well get your fine asses down here as soon as you can, okay?"

Bella and Paige danced around Bella's house as they got ready. They laughed like children as they ran out to Bella's car, screaming and shouting to music as they drove along, finding their way to the hotel.