‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

you are family now.

I took a deep breath. Last night Carlisle had told me he was a vampire. I also found out that I hadn’t escaped Brent. i was now seated next to Carlisle who hand his hand in mine. we were in the Cullen’s living room and all of the Cullen’s sat or stood around me.

“what is going on?” an Indian boy asked impatiently. I rose my eye brow at him. Someone was cranky.

“ Sammy has something we need to know about.” Carlisle said. the boy scuffed and I glared at him slightly. I wasn’t in the mood for a teenage angst. Edward snorted at the thought. Carlisle had explained to me that he could read minds. Apparently jasper could feel emotions and make people calm while Alice could see the future. It all made so much sense now. Everyone turned to look at me.

I, uh, I’m not human.” I started out. I looked around the room. “I’m a guardian. Well you would know my kinds as witches. But I’m the only one left of my coven. They… they were killed a long time ago. Only two people survived, I being one of them.”

“and how is this important?” this was Bella talking this time. I looked at her for a long time. She was extremely ignorant.

“who else survived? Why aren’t you with them?” Dahlia asked. She was kind and spoke to me delicately. i smiled sadly at her. Behind her the dead man appeared. He sat next to her and watched her carefully.

“she’s not going to like your story, Samantha.” The dead man spoke solemnly. I nodded.

“ his name was Brent. Our elders told us when we were young that he had darkness in his heart. I didn’t believe them. to me brent was the nicest guy I had ever met. When my mother was away carrying out her duties he would stay with me.” I looked down and tried to block the memories out. The good memories tainted with his wickedness.

“what happened?” Emmett spoke.

“ the night before our coven was slaughtered. The elders made an announcement. They said that when I came of age, my child would take my mother’s place as seer. Everyone was estatic except for Brent. He wanted to be seer. It gives the person a lot of power, the power to decide what was to become of the coven. The next morning everyone was gone.” I rubbed my cheek to wipe away the tears. The screams of my family echoed through my head. I saw Edward wince and rub at his head.

“ we left to the other side of the state. We stuck together for years. Then I got pregnant with Beth and things changed. Brent became violent. he never touched Bethany, I never allowed it. one day he was angry, so angry, and he exposed his wings. That was the first time I had seen his wings since we were children. His were black and bat like. I knew then he was consumed with this rage, he couldn’t control it.” I said not looking at anyone.

“wings?” Emmett said. I smiled at him. I stood up taking off sweater leaving me in a plain black tank top. I took a deep breath and felt my wings expload from my back. It felt good for them to be out. I shook them a little to wake them up a bit. I heard gasps from the vampires.

“wow, they’re beautiful” Emalia said. I looked at her and smiled. I pulled them back and put my sweater back on. “oh! That’s what the tattoos are for! They hide your wings!”

“yes, emaila, that Is the purpose of the tattoos.” I told her suddenly sounding like my mother. I smiled faintly remembering her.

“what happened?” a very quite jasper asked. I looked at him and felt guilty that he had to feel my emotions through this.

“he threatened to hurt Bethany. I punched him and we left. But you don’t understand. He’s not just a threat to me but to all of forks to. He has a lot of power and a lot of rage built up inside him. He has killed before, I’m sure he’s out there killing now. There’s no elders to keep him at bay. There is no law for him anymore.” I explained.

The Indian boy suddenly began shaking. He stalked towards me and grabbed me by the throat. Carlisle pushed him off of me and cradled me to his chest. “this is her fault! If she wouldn’t have come here we all would have been safe!” he screamed. His shaking began to get worse. Edward was pushing him out the door in an instant. I shook slightly in carlisle’s arms.

“ he’s right. I’m sorry” I whispered. My hand rested on my throat remembering all the times Brent’s hands were there. Tears prickled my eyes and I rubbed them away feeling ashamed.

“ no he’s not. He’s just pissy right now.” The girl, Renesme, said. she walked over to me and took my hand. An image was suddenly shot into my brain. It was Carlisle and I, I was sitting on carlisle’s lap. His arms rested around my waist and a smile played his lips. I was making a face at him. This had been an hour ago.

“whoa.” I breathed. She laughed and sat down next to bella, her mother.

“ go do your on things. We will talk about this later.” Carlisle said to his family. Edward walked back into the house and nodded towards Carlisle. Everyone left and Carlisle took my hand and tugged me up the steps. I passed a room and saw Gabriel reading to Bethany. I smiled a little. I was thankful that he volunteered to distract her during that chat.

Carlisle opened the door and I looked around his bedroom and giggled. It was so Carlisle.

“a bed? But you don’t sleep.” I noted. He took my hand.

“but you do.” He said and quickly added. “plus, sleeping isn’t the only use of a bed.” I gasped laughed as he grinned.

“ you are a pervy old vampire” I told him as I walked over to his window. The forest was sitting just outside the glass.

“did you just call me old?”

“yeah, I believe I did” I laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

“that’s mean.” He said and kissed my cheek. I giggled. I watched the floor of the forest.

“Carlisle? What are w- HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT?!” I shrieked jumping back away from the window. I pointed at the gigantic wolf. Yeah I big ass wolf sitting on the lawn!

“oh, that would be a wolf. Jacob, Dahlia, Gabriel, and Emalia are wolves.” Carlisle said nonchalantly. I looked from him to the wolf to him again. “ calm down dear” he laughed

“ wolves? Wolves!” I said. he nodded while still laughing. I looked down at the lawn to see Bethany running towards the fluffy wolf. “who is that?”

“that’s Gabriel. Don’t worry he won’t hurt Bethany.” He told me taking my hand again.

“I think I’m going to have a panic attack.” I told him. He chuckled and sat us down on the white couch. Carlisle began rubbing my back gently.

“ what were you saying before you started shrieking?” he asked. I leaned against his chest and wrapped his strong arms around me. I felt safe like this, I didn’t want to leave.

“oh. What are we?” I asked him. He lowered his head and smelled my neck, in the non-creepy way.

“what do you mean?” he asked. I turned around to where my legs were on either side of him. His hands rested on my hips.

“what are we? Like…. What’s our status?” god I sounded like a teenage girl. His eyes twinkled with amusement.

“oh, darling what would you like us to be?” he asked. I gave him the ‘seriously?’ look. He chuckled. “you’re my singer. I would do anything for you. we’re connected.”

“oh, yeah that explains everything” I said sarcasticly. He chuckled.

“ Samantha, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?” he asked. I giggled and nodded. he grinned and leaned forward to kiss me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He tangled his hand in my hair and pulled me closer to me. I pulled away and he growled. I giggled and hopped off his lap.

“thank god! Old people making out! Gross!” Emalia called up the stairs.

“I am not old!” I shouted back. She giggled.

“come on, I made food!” she shouted. I laughed and went to follow her but Carlisle pulled me back. He put a necklace around my neck. It was cold against my skin but felt nice.

“it’s the family crest. You are family now.” He said and kissed me lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
i giggled a lot while writting this.
enjoy