‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

i mean DAAAAMN

I stood ringing my hands together as I stared at the door of my classroom. I decided to come to work today right before my last class begun. I thought it’d be a little surprise for them but now I was questioning myself.

“Ms. Turner, are you okay?” Emalia asked. I closed my eyes and placed my shaking hand over my pounding heart. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. In all honest I didn’t know why I was freaking out. I had come to terms with the fact that I was shot. I mean, I watched him do it. but for what ever reason, I was terrified.

“uh, yes, I am okay. Don’t you worry, Miss Emalia.” I told her. She gave me a small smile and opened the door for me. I stepped inside and gasped at the sight.

The room was covered in flowers and handmade get well cards. A large bright green banner hung above my desk with dozens of signatures covering it. I put a hand over my mouth when I noticed my last period class standing at the opposite wall of me. I noticed thought that one stop in particular no one stood. I understood that, I couldn’t even look at the spot.

“MOMMY!” Bethany wiggled out of Carlisle’s arms and ran to me. I bent down to pick her up. She hugged me around me neck and told me that she loved me. I made a mental note to talk to Carlisle about taking her out of school.

I looked around my class noticing they were near tears. I smiled kindly at them. I did my best to hide my shaking hands from them. I didn’t want them to know I was afraid. i smiled at Jasper when I felt a rush of calmness.

“Ms. Turner! We missed you!” a girl, Charlie I think her name is, said. she rushed up to me and flung her arms around me. Bethany giggled in the hug. I couldn’t help stop breathing. She squeezed me and let go. She handed me a plate of expensive looking pastries. “ my mom made them, she works at the bakery in town. She says thank you”

A few more students, okay every student, walked up and did the same. One boy gave me a card his little brother made. It had a picture of his brother standing with a lady with wings. I rose my eyebrow at it. I had to admit it was cute but how would his brother know?
“mommy, my friends say they can see your wings too!” Bethany said not to quietly. Everyone looked at me but they laughed thinking she was just being cute. I looked at her and nodded. I would ask her about it later.

“hey darling. How are you feeling?” Carlisle asked walking up to us. He place a gentle kiss on my forehead. Bethany squealed and pointed to her cheek. Carlisle chuckled and kissed her cheek. She giggled and climbed out of my arms and jumped onto Emmett. I smiled as I watched the students mull around and talk to each other or play with Bethany.

“I’m uh… freaking out. You know, the usual.” I told him sounding suddenly tired. He nodded and I put my head on his shoulder he responded by putting his arms around my waist. “its bad enough this is going on but we still haven’t found Brent. I mean it’s been weeks since we found out he was back.”

“I know sweetie. Don’t worry, I won’t let him touch you or Beth. The kids would kill me if I did.” He whispered.

“yes, we would!” Emmett shouted from across the room. I giggled into carlisle’s shoulder. Carlsile rubbed my back and whispered soothing things into my ear.

~~~

I looked at my reflection with a disgusted look on my face. In this dress I could see the horrible scar that bullet had left. I wasn’t ashamed of what I did, I was just ashamed that I left it nearly kill me. I groaned I threw my back at the bed.

“mommy! Mommy Gab-el is taking me now. I love you!” Bethany shouted bounding up and into Carlisle’s room. She was bouncing with excitement. I chuckled at her inability to pronounce ‘gabriel’. Gabriel had volunteered to take her to the movies while Carlisle and I went out on our first official date. I bent down and brushed one of her unruly curls out of her face. She smiled at me with her brown eyes.

“you look really pretty mommy” she told me. She reached out and touched my hair, copying the action I had just done to her. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

“thank you sweetie. You look pretty to! You’ll be the envy of all the girls!” I told her. She grinned at me. She had told me that some of the girls in her class teased her because her teach weren’t as straight as they should be. I myself thought she was adorable and I had a talk with that teacher of hers. Well, I more yelled than talked, but she’s my baby girl and I love her. No one is going to make her feel bad while I’m here.

“will you save me some cookies. Emmett said he was gonna eat all mine!” she whispered after looking over her shoulder. I bit back my laugh and nodded. she grinned and hugged me then ran off down the steps. i fallowed her actions after grabbing my bag . I rubbed the scar wishing it would go away but of course it wouldn’t.

“is it weird to say that your teacher is hot! because DAAAAMN!” Emmett said loudly. I snorted and rolled my eyes. Over the time I had known this family they went from being my students to being my friends. Even thought technically they were a hundred years older than i. creepy old bastards.

“yes, Emmett, it is. Plus, you are married.” I told him. He snorted.

“with children!” Dahlia said walking out of the kitchen. She looked at me and grinned. “hot damn. You look fine Sam!” I blushed and thanked her.

“I heard that about being creepy.” Edward said coming from out of nowhere.

“creepy old bastards” I clarified for him. He rolled his eyes and ruffled my curly hair. I batted his hand away. Grumbling under my breath about how mean he was. He just laughed.

“ creepy and old? that hurts my feelings Sam” Emalia said coming up behind Edward. I chuckled.
“surely you mean my uncles”

“yes, and your father, especially your father” I told her with a grin.

“hey! I am not creepy! Or old! right Leels?” he said. Dahlia just laughed and kissed his cheek. Telling him he is not creepy or old. I smiled at them. everyone here seemed to have the perfect person for them. I was suddenly struck with a thought. What about Carlisle and i? we had only been together for a short time, but I felt like I loved him. Panic ran through me as I thought this. This was similar to what happened with Brent, but this feels different. This isn’t forced or painful, this is kind and pure. I closed my eyes to rid the horrid thoughts from the days with Brent. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder and nearly jumped into the air.

“are you okay honey?” it was Carlisle. As soon as I saw his kind golden eyes my fear melted away. “you look kinda pale.” He added.

“you’re one to talk” I snorted. He looked at me for a moment and laughed. He bent down and kissed my forehead.

“ yeah, sammy you do look kind of… sick” the dead man said appearing next to me. I looked at him for a second. Sometimes I wonder what he thinks he’s doing. I can’t just answer him when I’m standing in a room full of people. I would be talking to thin air! I would look crazy.

“come on. I have a place I wanna show you.” Carlisle said as he grabbed my hand. I smiled and nodded. I took note in what he was wearing for the first time. it was a slick dark blue suit with a black tie. I reached up and played with a strand of his blonde hair. He looked down at me with an amused smile.

“what? Your hair is cute.” I told him. He smiled and reached out his hand and captured mine in it.

“thank you dear.” He told me. I smiled and kissed his cheek. We walked up to the car and opened the door for me. I grinned and slid into the warm car. In an inhuman speed he was at his side and in the car. I giggled at it, for whatever reason. I noticed the piano playing through the speakers. I grinned and lifted my hands to play along on an invisible piano. I closed my eyes loosing myself in the music.

“what are you thinking about?” Carlisle’s soft voice echoed through the car. I lowered my hands for a moment.

“when I was little my father tought me how to play the piano. He was always so patient and kind. When I would mess up he would just shrug and say ‘well that’s a new addition to the song, I love it!’” I said in a quite voice.

“that is very sweet of him.”

“yeah, I miss him. I miss mother to, but my father and I we were tight. he thought me how to fly when my wings first came, and that the things I see aren’t going to hurt me. The dead could never hurt you, that’s what he always said.” I said. once I realized what I said I automatically regretted it.

“good job Sam! Now he knows” the dead man said. I put my hand in my face. I waited for the screaming to come but it never did. I just felt a cool arm reach around me and set me on their lap.

“you can see the dead?” he asked playing with the belt around my thin waist. I watched his face carefully.

“yeah” I said. his hands began to travel and I was losing my focus. His hands were on my thighs and I could feel my heart beat in my throat.

“who do you see?” I couldn’t answer his question, he had begun rubbing circles into my thighs. He chuckled and moved his hands to around my waist. “I can hear your heart beat, it’s the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.”

I giggled at him and rested my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my back. I turned my head to my lips touched his neck. I began kissing his neck and biting softly under his chin. He groaned and gripped my hips. I giggled again and slid off his lap. I turned my back to the door and rested my feet in his lap. Rubbing every now and again as he began to drive.

“you are going to be the death of me” he muttered. I just giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to update guys, life's been crazy! i'm gonna update more tomorrow to make up for it. please comment, i love love love to know what you guys are thinking! love you guys
ENJOY
-R