‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

i love you

“your sex is on fiiiire” [url= http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=72357802]i[/url] sang at the top of my lungs as I scrubbed my kitchen counter tops clean. It was finally my day off and my house was a mess! I made the mistake of letting Gabriel and Emmett stay over. Big children, that’s all they are. I continued singing the song until someone so rudely interrupted me.

“ew, you had sex with Carlisle? And now you’re singing about it? gross” the dead man said. I rolled my eyes at him and hopped up on the counter.

“oh shush. We did not have sex” I told him.

“yet” he said with an amused smile. I just kicked at him, unfortunately my foot went straight through him. He just laughed.

“you are an annoying little bugger, has anyone told you that?” I told him. He just shrugged his shoulders and leaned against the counter. He patted my leg. “how is it I can touch you, but you can’t touch me?” he mused.

“that’s a wonderful question. Know get your creepy ghosty hands off me.” I told him. He laughed and let go of me.

We began talking about random stuff I had begun making Bethany some lunch from when she gets home from my dad’s house. He loved to show her off to his fishing buddies. As long as she doesn’t get hurt or go missing I am fine. I trust my father not to let her do anything.

“you know I just thought of something” the dead man said. I nodded for him to continue. “you said your parents died. They were killed. But who is this man. You call him your father.”

“uh, he adopted me when my real parents died. I’ve come to think of him as my father. Of course he couldn’t replace the real one, he sure has tried.” I explained. I forgot that I had explained this little detail to everyone but him. I was only sixteen when my real parents were killed so this man, john turner, adopted Brent and I. he really saved our lives.

“oh, that makes sense.” The dead man muttered.

“yeah. I really don’t like to think of my real one. I know that sounds horrible but-“ I was cut off my front door slamming open. The next instant there was a tall blonde man standing in front of me. I stared at him with wide eyes. He stared back with just as puzzled eyes.

“well, hello” he said. that snapped me out of my trance. I lifted my hands and threw him out of my house. I stood at the back door. Incased him with light, I sent him back to where ever he came from, without ever saying a word. Damn I’m good.

“any way. John was always so kind to me and I felt like I hurt his feelings when I brought up my real father.” I finished my sentence. The dead man just looked at me and burst into laughter.
“what?”

“Sammy, you crack me up”

~CARLISLE’S POV~

I sat in my office going over papers for the hospital. I glanced at the clock and sighed. Only ten more minutes before I can go home then see Sammy. A smile graced my lips as I thought of her. She was truly extraordinary. She was kind, smart, soft, beautiful, and so much more. It amused me how she was so mature when she was around people she didn’t know then so silly around us, her family.

I checked the clock again and realized I had been daydreaming about the amazing women for almost fifteen minutes. I packed up my belongings and walked quickly to the car. I would much rather run but I had to keep up appearances. I did, though, speed a little. Once I was home I sat on the bed for a moment, just listening to the empty house.

I changed quickly and ran down the stairs only to be greeted to a frazzled looking vlad. His hair was a mess and he had swirls of golden light swirling around him. I laughed a little at his state.

“this is not funny Carlisle. Who is that woman?” he said. I couldn’t tell if he was angry or not, he was for sure curious though. I observed him closely already knowing the answer to his question.

“which woman, vlad?” I asked sweetly. I walked into the kitchen and began to cook up one of sammy’s favorite dishes, knowing she hasn’t eaten today. She often forgets when she’s alone.

“that woman who talks to the dead, who has light in her fingers, who did this to me!” he shouted in frustration. I chuckled a little. I realized after Sammy had told me her little secret that Edward had already known. He could see it happening through her eyes. I asked him who she saw all he said was ‘I don’t know, its blurry’.

“oh, that would be samantha” I told him. He watched me for a very long time. he nodded. I grabbed the bowl of cheese pasta and walked to the door. I looked back at him. “would you like to meet her?”

“uh, is she going to blast me again?” he asked. I chuckled.

“possibly”

~SAMANTHA’S POV~

I sat playing with a light ball. Sometimes it really rocked to be a witch. I mean I could do nearly anything with just thinking about it. I tilted my head to the left as I made the ball turn into a painting of my mother, father and I. it was painted a year before their death. I stared at it for a long time remembering that day. My mom was so stressed because my hair was sticking up so my father put his hand on my head to hide it.

“Sammy?” I heard Carlisle’s voice called. I made the painting disappear in a swirl of light as I got up to meet him. I smiled when he came into view. “hey Sammy, I brought you some pasta”
I thanked him and took the bowl from him. I grinned when I saw it was my favorite. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him softly on the lips. I stepped away when realized he was wet.

“your soaked” I said. he just laughed and went to hug me. I just giggled. “nooo don’t suck my blood. Please, I have my whole life to live!”

“you are so weird Sammy” Carlisle said. I stuck my tongue out at him and hopped onto the coutner finding a fork to eat my pasta. I froze mid-bite when I noticed the blonde from before watching Carlisle and i.

“do I have to blast you again?” I said taking a bite of my pasta. He just stared at me. I rolled my eyes. “seriously, I’m not that scary” Carlisle chuckled and bumped my shoulder with his. I giggled and bumped back.

“just don’t hit me with that light.” The man said. I nodded and continued eating my pasta.

“uh huh. This is really good Carlisle, I’m surprised you didn’t burn it like last time.” I said with a laugh.

“that’s because you jumped on the counter and kept pestering me!” he defended. I laughed.

“yeah. I’m that distracting. Hey mister tall blonde and mysterious will you close the door, its kinda chilly in here.” I said. he looked at me for a moment before jumping up and closing the door. I patted the place beside me and he walked over.

“my name is Vlad, by the way.” Vlad said. I nodded.

“Dahlia’s grandfather, yeah?” I said. he looked at me surprised. “she talks about you a lot”
“oh. So why did you blast me if you knew who I was?” he asked. I gave him the ‘are you serious’’ look.

“just because I know your name doesn’t mean I know your face. Plus you came barging in and how was I supposed to know you weren’t going to do something stupid?” I said getting irritated. I put my bowl aside and went to grab my keys.

“darling, where are you going?” Carlisle asked with a small smirk on his face. Know it all.

“to pick up her child from her father’s house.” Vlad answered for me. I gave him a mean look.

“don’t do that” I said. I walked up the stairs into my bedroom. Carlisle fallowed me and grabbed my waist and gently turned me around.

“what’s wrong ?” he asked. I looked away. I didn’t really know, I was just upset.

“I don’t know! I’m just kinda blah. I mean, mom’s birthday is coming up and so is Beth’s. I just don’t want people seeing me like this. Or INVADING MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS!” I shouted the last part. After hearing a sorry from vlad I looked back at Carlisle.

“ how about just you and me go to her grave, we’ll bring her flowers and the whole deal. Then we’ll let alice plan Beth’s birthday party because she’s already bouncing off the wall with ideas.” He said. I giggled at alice knowing that’s probably just what she’s doing.

“you would do that for me?” I asked in a small voice. I looked him in his beautiful golden eyes.

“yeah.” He said. I pressed my lips to his cold ones and smiled. When we pulled away my heart was beating.

“I love you” I said without thinking. My eyes widened as I realized what I said. I watched Carlisle’s face closely. He grinned, his eyes lit up and he picked me up and spun me around. Not the reaction I was expecting but okay.

“I love you too Sammy.” He said. I smiled and hugged him tightly. Oh what a lucky girl I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay guys. i am so so so so so sorry that i havent updated in a while. lately i've been kinda blah. i'm gonna update again later today.
ENJOY
-R