‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

brent

I looked at the empty class room as my last class filled in. I smiled at them all. Angie swirled around in my wheelie chair. I laughed at her actions. She flipped me off discreetly.

“you look comfy, Ms. Turner!” Emmett yelled from his table in the back. I rolled my eyes at him.

“I am, Mr. Cullen. Sweatshirts are a gift from god.” I said earning a laugh from the class. I clapped my hands together and walked slightly away from my desk pulling out the charcoal. Emmett and jasper jumped up to help me.

“thanks boys!” Angie called to them. she was a lazy ass and didn’t want to pass things out. They smiled at her politely.

“okay class! As you know Christmas break is next week.” I paused for the students to cheer. “ what we are going to do this week is a Christmas thing. Now, I know technically no Christmas allowed in school but this is an art class! I only have two requirements. One: it must be something to do with Christmas. Now this can be a memory, a story, Santa, or the manger. Basically anything that reminds you of Christmas. Two: it must be done by Friday. I also expect your journals by Thursday so during break you can draw in it.” I informed them. they began talking with each other for ideas of what to do.

I noticed Emalia go and grab some clay. I smiled at the class and kicked Angie out of my chair. I began sketching my drawing. I thought it only fair if I do the assignments along with my students. I decided on drawing Beth opening her presents.

I looked up and saw a girl’s hand up. I got up and walked to her. “ how can I help you?” I asked the girl. She was timid. I noticed she sat alone. Her blonde hair was in a bun and she had dark bags under her eyes. I sat at in the chair next to her. I looked at her drawing and saw a woman.

“I… uh… I want to draw my…m..m..mom. I was wondering if you could help me decide between charcoal and paint.” She said. I noticed her eyes water and I nodded.

“your mom, she likes Christmas?” I asked. She nodded a small smile graced her pale lips.

“yeah. She used to decorate our house, inside and out! It looked like Santa threw up in our house” she giggled. I smiled at her. She smiled and looked down. Her smile turned sad and she sighed.

“what do you like about paints or charcoal?” I asked trying to get her mind away from the sad memories.

“ I like paints… because of the color! But I like charcoal because it looks classy.” She said after a moment of thinking. I nodded.

“hold on. I want to show you something.” I told her. I jumped up and jogged to the closet. I grabbed some paintings and some charcoal pieces. I sat with her again and spread them out. They were various drawings of flowers. I let her look at them before I pointed one out. “ I like this one. It mixes them both. I think this would look gorgeous on yours.”

“I like that! I really do! Thank you Ms. Turner!” she said excitedly. I giggled and returned to my seat. I grabbed my picture and returned to her side. She looked at me curiously.

“I like to talk when I draw. It relaxes me. Don’t you feel the same?” I asked. She smiled at me and nodded. I listened to her tell me about her mom, who died of bone marrow cancer, while I set up my drawing. We began talking as we drew. I would get up every now and then to help a student but I would always sit at her side and listen to her speak.

“ okay class! The bell is about to ring. Please clean up your stations.” I said. I wrapped up my work and set it aside so I wouldn’t lose it. the bell rang and I waved at the class. I cleaned up some messes left behind. I was setting up a chair when cold arms wrapped around me and lifted me into the air. I screamed and they set me down. I looked at Emmett as he laughed.

“ sorry Sam I didn’t mean to scare you.” he laughed. Liar.

“uh huh. Whatever you say.” I mumbled. He laughed. “I got to pick up Beth.” I said, mostly to myself.

“ can I come with you? Leels won’t be home with the kids until later, she’s visiting her dad” he said. I looked at him.

“yeah, if you want.” I said. he grinned, And dashed off to the car. I rolled my eyes and fallowed him. I got to the car and jumped in. Emmett was already in the car fiddling with the radio. I drove the short distance to the school and walked to her class.

“mommy! Uncle Emmy!” Bethany yelled as she ran to us. I laughed and bent down to hug her. She giggled as she hugged Emmett. “where’s gab-el?”

“he’s with his mommy, remember?” Emmett said. she nodded deep in thought. I chuckled and looked at her teacher. He was watching us from across the room. A little tan boy looked at me and ran to Bethany’s side. They began whispering to each other. Emmett and I glanced at each other.

“mommy, Jared says he likes your wings” Bethany said. I rose an eyebrow at her then at the boy.

“well, thanks! It’s nice to meet you Jared. Beth honey, we got to go. Remember we’re going to dinner with grandpa” I told her. She grinned and hugged Jared goodbye. I waved to her teacher and walked her to the car.

I stopped dead in my tracks and pushed Beth behind me. I stared at Brent who leaned against my car. he locked eyes with me and smirked. “ Emmett, take Bethany home now!” I growled.

“mommy! What’s going on?” Beth asked. Her voice shook with fear.

“nothing honey. Emmett now!”

I walked to where he stood. His black hair was wet and messy, his dark clothes clung to him showed his tattoos. His face was twisted and dark. I looked into his eyes to find they were black. He chuckled at me and I glared at him.

“what are you doing here?” I growled. He just laughed. The sinister noise bounced around inside my head. he took a step towards me, I stood my ground. I wasn’t afraid of him… much.

“what do you THINK I am here for!” he shouted. He reached out his hands and I noticed the veins in his hands had turned black with tar. He touched my cheek.

“do not touch me” I spat. He laughed and grabbed my neck. I reached out my hand and hit him with my light. He stumbled back hitting my car. he gripped his face and hissed in pain.

“you little bitch!” he roared. He took a step forward but stumbled at my feet. I laughed and kicked him back. I bent down.

“if you ever come near my family again. I will end you.” I whispered in his ear. I stood up and my wings burst from my back. I rustled them in the wind, loving the feel.

“ those vampires can’t save you. I’m back to take what’s mine.” He laughed. I turned to look at him. His black wings were out and his eyes glowed black. He looked at me and smirked.

All I saw was red, and I lounged at him.

~JASPER’S POV~

“ if you ever come near my family again. I will end you” Sam whispered in the man’s ear. She stood and her wings exploded from her back, ripping her shirt. She turned away from him and paused for a moment. I nearly gasped at her. Her eyes glowed with golden light. She had no pupils no iris just golden light shining from her eyes. The same golden light swirled around her head and hands. Every now and then it would swirl around her torso or leg. The light was graceful and beautiful.

I looked to the man who was now standing. His wings also in the spread wide. His wings were not pure and beautiful like Sam’s. his were disturbing and black. a black tar like substance jerked around his body. It was slow and mechanical. Nothing like Sam’s light.

“those vampires can’t save you. I’m back to take what’s mine.” The man said. ah.. this is Brent. I looked to my side to see Edward and Carlisle standing there. Edward’s hand was on Carlisle’s shoulder keeping him back. I looked back to Sam and Brent. I was suddenly hit with raw rage. I stumbled back for the sheer force of the emotion.

I closed my eyes to process it all. Rage, hate, pain, love, worry, fear, it all came crashing down onto my shoulders. I couldn’t depict who it was coming from. I felt a hand hot hand on my chest and it all went away. I opened my eyes to see Sam’s worried ones. The swirling golden light had left them and they were her simple warm eyes staring at me.

“you alright jasper?” she asked.

~SAMANTHA’S POV~

I gave him one last punch before I stood and caught eyes with Carlisle. He looked at me with those golden eyes. He was worried, I knew. I walked to them and rested my head on Carlisle’s chest. He smiled and kissed my forehead. I looked at jasper and realized he was probably over loaded with emotions.

“you alright jasper?” I asked resting my hand on his chest. He opened his eyes and watched me.

“yeah. Just a little frazzled.” He said. I chuckled. I hoped onto Carlisle’s back his hands automatically wrapped around my legs securing me to him.

“ Getty up horsie!” I shouted. He laughed and began to run. I giggled as the trees flew past us. He ran to the house and up the steps and into our room. I giggled when he threw me on the bed. He was sitting next to me in an instant. I began to laugh when he just looked at me with a goofy smile. I jumped up and opened the closet to find some pajamas I turned my back to Carlisle and grabbed the hem of my shirt and began lifting it over my head. I put on my shirt and kicked off my jeans. I slowly put my short on. I turned to see a wide eyed Carlisle. I chuckled at him and crawled over the bed to straddle his hips. His cold hands traced patterns into my back. I leaned down and kissed his lips.

“you are so beautiful.” He whispered. I simile . I ran my hands in his hair tugging on it every on and then. I suddenly found myself pinned underneath him. I giggled as he smiled at me. He kissed me with a fierce need. My hands wondered underneath his shirt. My fingers outlined his toned muscles. He growled and began kissing and nipping at my neck. I moaned.

Suddenly he was off me. He sat next to me and watched me for a moment. I looked at him confused. He chuckled and pulled me up to him. I snuggled into his side. In that moment Bethany and Gabriel burst into the room. I looked at them wide eyed. I understood why he had stopped now. That tricky bugger.

“mommy!” Bethany said launching herself onto the bed. I laughed and hugged her. “can I sleep in here tonight?” she asked in a small voice. I knew she would be afraid after seeing Brent again. I nodded and pulled her into my lap.

“of course honey.” I whispered. She snuggled into my lap and closed her eyes. I noticed she was in her tiger pajamas. I rested my head on Carlisle’s chest. I looked up at him and smiled down at me.

“think you can handle all this?” I asked him. He grinned down at me and brushed his hand against my cheek then hers.

“of course honey.” He repeated my words softly to me. I smiled and reached up to kiss him. “I love you”

“I love you to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
gggaaaaahhhh i just love carlisle. okay.
please comment tell me what you think.
ENJOY
-R