‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

cabin.

I gathered up the art projects from my classes. I stared at the larger pieces wondering how I would get them all into my car. I would probably end up making two trips. Wonderful.

“do you need help, Ms Turner?” a small voice asked from behind me. I looked to see Elizabeth standing there looking anxious. She was the same girl whose mother died. I smiled at her and handed her some of the projects.

“thank you Elizabeth.” I told her. She gave me a small smile as she turned the corner. The winter air chilled my legs as we walked through the parking lot. Once we managed to stuff everything into my car I turned to her and thanked her again.

“ can I ask you something?” she whispered. I looked wearily but nodded my head. “why don’t you fly with your wings?” I wasn’t expecting that one. I blinked at her as a response.

“I… uh.. what?” how would she know about my wings? What else did she know?

“I’m sorry. I can see them, your wings.” She said. I stared at her. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I turned to look only to see Edward.

“she’s telling the truth, Sam” he said sounding just as confused as I felt. I looked at her with wide eyes. “she’s a physic” wonderful.

“oh.” The small response was all I could muster at the moment.

“I have to go.” Elizabeth stated suddenly. She turned and briskly walked the opposite direction of us. I turned to look at Edward to see he was already looking at me.

“well then.” I sighed. He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair. I walked to my car and jumped in deciding that I was going to get a cabin for the break.

~~~

“Mommy! Mommy! Look at the cabin!” Beth screamed from Gabriel’s shoulders. I smiled at her and looked around at everyone.

Dahlia had Emmett’s hand in her own as she was taking a picture of Gabriel and Beth. Emalia was skipping with Alice in the snow. Edward was getting pelted with snowballs from Jasper and Renesme. I finally looked to Carlisle who was pointing a camera at me. I smiled at him and stuck my tongue out. The only person missing was Bella. I shook off the bad vibe and smiled at my family.

“okay! Whose room is whose?” I asked as I stabbed at the wood in the fire place. After ten attempts of trying to light it I gave up and just used my magic on it.

“ you and Carlisle, Jasper and Alice, Dahlia and Emmett, Edward and Renesme, Gabriel and Beth, and I get my own room!” Emalia screamed with excitement. I laughed at her.

“no you don’t. gramps is meeting us and you are rooming with him.” Dahlia told her daughter sternly. Emalia groaned. I was about to ask why the vampires, who didn’t sleep, needed a room but decided against it. I chuckled at Edward’s face as he read my thoughts.

“okay.” I said as I plopped down on the couch and snuggled into Carlisle’s side. After a while of talking everyone decided to put a movie into the giant plasma T.V. the lights were off and everyone cuddled close to their loved ones. Well, the couples did. Gabriel had Bethany in his lap as he ran his hands through her hair. Emalia snuggled up to her grandfather who was telling her who was a vampire in the movie. Renesme talked quietly to her father who seemed distracted by something.

“honey. Are you alright?” Carlisle whispered in my ear. I looked to him with a small smile on my face.

“it kind of feels like the calm before the storm” I told him. He studied my face closely before he kissed my forehead.

“ everything will be alright, dear” he told me. I nodded and turned my attention to the movie.

“well isn’t this nice!” the dead man said popping up next to me. I let out a yelp of surprise. Everyone knew by now so no one was surprised. Edward looked at me though, trying to figure out who I was seeing.

“Jesus, you scared me.” I whispered quietly to him. He laughed and patted my leg.

“I am not Jesus, although, that would be kind of cool.” He stated. I snorted and ignored him. I watched him as he slowly stood and sat by Gabriel and Bethany. I never got to talk to dahlia about the dead man. I was always afraid to. What if it was a secret? Or maybe a touchy subject. I let it go and watched the movie.

“ Bethany… Bethany… Beth, honey wake up.” I shook Beth gently. The movie had ended and Beth was out cold. She mumbled something and snuggled into Gabriel. I chuckled and looked at Gabriel.

“I’ll take her.” Gabriel yawned. I nodded at him smiling. He stood up with her in his arms and retreated up the stairs to her bedroom.

“come on, let’s get you to bed.” Carlisle whispered in my ear. His cool breath sweeping across my neck. I shivered.

“carry me?” I asked him giving him my best pouty face. He chuckled and picked me up. “good night all!” I shouted as he ran up to our room.

“you amaze me” he said as he tossed me on the bed. I giggled as I bounced. He appeared in front of me and pulled me so I was sitting on the edge.

“do I, mister Cullen?” I whispered. He nodded as he unzipped my jacket and peeled it off me and tossed it to the floor. I gasped when his cold fingers touched the skin of my shoulder. I pulled his shirt so he would lean down. Our lips met and fireworks exploded. I ran my hands down his toned chest earning a low growl from him. He gently pushed me so my back touched the bed and he hovered over me. his hands gripped my hips as mine tangled in his hair.

“MOMMY! MOMMY I HAD A NIGHTMARE!” Beth screamed as she ran into the room. Carlisle was off me before she could see anything. I groaned and slowly got up. Beth ran into the room and launched herself into my arms.

“honey, it’s alright.” I soothed her. She cried into my chest as I rubbed her back. it worried me when she had such bad nightmares. I made a mental note to ask Edward what it was about.

“come here, bug. I’ll tell you a story while mommy gets ready for bed, okay?” Carlisle said in a soft voice. I looked at him with a smile. He was so sweet to Beth. I loved him for that.

“ a story about princesses?” she asked him in a small voice, a grin slowly appearing in her voice.

“oh yes! And a wonderful kingdom, and a frog, and a magical fairy.” Carlisle said kneeling so he could look her in the eye. I kissed her forehead before she crawled into his arms. I ran my hand through his hair and kissed his forehead.

“thank you.” I whispered. He smiled and stood and sat on the bed with Bethany snuggled into him.

“once upon a time there was a beautiful princess…” I heard Carlisle begin his story. I smiled and dug clothes out of my bag and started the shower.

After undressing I stepped into the hot water and groaned as it messaged my skin. I washed myself and hair and shaved everything that was necessary and turned the water off. I wrapped the towel around me and stepped out into the cool air. I dried myself and pulled on my pajamas I walked out to find Bethany curled into Carlisle’s side as she snored lightly. Carlisle smiled down at her before looking up to meet my eyes.

“you are an amazing man, you know that?” I whispered as I gently kissed her forehead.

“ I’ve been told once or twice.” He answered me cockily. I chuckled and sat on his lap. His hands wrapped around my waist as he pulled me close.

“thank you. you’re so wonderful with her.” I told him as I leaned in to kiss him. He smiled and kissed me back.

“she’s just like you. she’s stubborn like you. she insisted the prince be a wolf.” He chuckled. I laughed and rested my forehead against his.

“her favorite animal.” I explained, he nodded. I felt his hands run up my sides making a shiver run down my spine.

“she doesn’t talk in her sleep though. Which by the way, you talk in your sleep.” He stated matter of factly. I gasped in mock shock.

“I do not!”

“yes you do.” He said with a smirk.

“oh yeah, what do I say? Hmmm” I challenged him, not really wanting to know. He grinned and leaned towards me. his lips touched me cheek.

“ you must have such… interesting dreams to make you fidget all night, making” he paused to growl lowly. “ delicious noises. Tell me, Sammy, what do you dream of?”

My heart began to flutter in my chest. His hands gently massage my lower back. that devil knew that was a weak point that cheater! I bit back a moan.

“I d-don’t know what your t-talking about.” I said. he grinned at me. I just smirked at him and leaned I was nearly pressed against him. “ooooh Carlisle do that again. Ohh.. is that what you mean.” I whispered in his ear causing his hands to grip my hips tightly.

“yes, exactly that.” He growled. I grinned and slid off his lap and snuggled into his side so he was sandwiched between Bethany and I. I rubbed patterns into his chest.

“I guess we’ll just have to see.” I grinned at him. he growled knowing I wouldn’t do anything with Beth in the room. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

“goodnight sweetie. I love you.” he said.

“good night. I love you too.” I whispered. I closed my eyes and smiled happily. He hummed a lullaby as I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait!
tell me what you think!
ENJOY
-R