‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

i will protect my family

“Mommy!” Beth’s shrieking made my eyes snap open. I searched blindly around the room for her. Finally my eyes landed on her. She stood in white jacket and matching jeans. She was a stylin’ toddler for sure!

“Beth! Honey what’s wrong?” I asked as I kneeled down next to her. She grinned at me. Her eyes sparkling with childish delight. My eyes scanned her making sure she wasn’t wounded.

“Can we fly today? Please?” she begged. I let out a breath of relief. I nodded and she flung herself at me. “Thank you mommy!”

I chuckled as she bounded down the steps probably to Gabriel. I sighed and smiled softly. I hadn’t flown in a long time. I felt my wings rustle beneath my skin in excitement. I chuckled at myself and pulled out an outfit to wear. I threw in on and went to find my goofy child.

“I can’t wait to see your wings again!” Emalia shouted appearing next to me. I glanced at her and smiled.

“Why is that, Miss Emalia?” I chuckled. I bit into an apple while she explained that she found them breath takingly beautiful. I laughed and thanked her.

“Ready to go munchkin?” I asked her. She grinned and jumped into my arms. I carried her out into the cold mountain air. I smiled at the sight of the snow. I glanced back at the vampires that had gathered behind us to watch. I grinned and felt my wings explode from my back. I heard some gasps and chuckled as I jumped into the air and took off.

~~

I wrinkled my nose as I set us down somewhere in the snow. I glanced at the snow noticing an odd black substance. I set Beth on a blanket I had conjured for her. She smiled happily as she played with her stuffed animals. I glanced around suddenly feeling uneasy.

“Bethany, honey, I think we should head back.” My motherly tone shining through my words. She glanced at me and gave me a weak glare.

“Five more minutes’ mommy!” she whined. I sighed and looked around again. I looked closer to the trees and found more of the black substance. I froze when I heard ominous clapping. I my heart began beating in my ears as I turned to Beth. Standing next to her was Brent, a sadistic smile on his face.

“Five more minutes’ mommy!” he mimicked. The black substance dripped from his hands and face.

“Brent, I thought I told you to leave.” I growled. Beth looked up at me, confusion written on her face. She jumped up and ran to me. Brent reached out to touch her but I zapped his hand away with my light.

“She’s my child!” he shouted angrily. I laughed.

“No, she’s not.” I told him. He looked at me with sad eyes. I knew it was fake. He could only feel hate and anger, nothing else.

“That hurts, Sammy” I cringed at his use of my name. It didn’t sound right when he said it. The only one who could was Carlisle.

“I don’t give a fuck” I spat. I grabbed Beth and shot into the air. She squealed and gripped me tighter. “I’m sorry baby”

When I touched ground in front of the cabin Edward was waiting for me. I handed him Beth and turned back to finally deal with this monster. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Carlisle standing there.

“You don’t have to do this alone.” He whispered. I looked away from him and sighed.

“Yes I do”

~CARLISLE’S POV~

I watched her set off into the air. I felt a tug in my gut and I knew I had to be with her. I turned to my family and they nodded. Gabriel picked Beth up and headed into the cabin. Dahlia and Emalia phased into wolves. I smiled sadly. I turned to the direction she had flown and darted after her sweet scent.

Within seconds we stopped in a field. Snow started to gently fall from the sky. A lone figure stood a few feet away from us. His manic laughter made me grit my teeth. He looked at us and cracked his neck. The black tar seemed to drip from his body now.

“Such parasites you are” he said glaring at us. “Why would she choose you?” he tilted his head to the side with a grin. I clinched my teeth.

“She sees good in all, even you” jasper said quietly. This seemed to enrage Brent. His eyes glowed black and the tar dripped faster. He leaned forward ready to lunge but before he could move great white wings hid us from his wrath.

I looked at Sammy in awe. Her light danced around her furiously. She stood tall and her wings stretched strongly. She looked at us over her shoulder and I saw her eyes were also glowing golden. Blood trickled down her forehead. She slowly looked back at the man who had crushed her and I wondered what jasper was feeling.

“You choose them over us? We could rule the world!” Brent shouted. Sammy let out a humorless laugh. It sounded hollow and scary.

“You could never rule the world. You haven’t experienced enough of it. I will always choose them. They are my family.” She said. Her voice sounded deeper. Not manly, but as if it held too much power.

“They killed your family! Did you forget! Your mother and father lay crumpled on the ground, choking on their own blood! Did you forget watching them take their last breath? Kneeling in there sweet blood trying to pull them back to the world of the living? Is that why you don’t use your magic to its full potential? Afraid it can’t save you?” he roared.

I stared frozen. I didn’t know what to say or do. My gut twisted as I heard Sammy chuckle darkly. Her wing twitched and she launched herself at Brent.

~SAM’S POV~

I couldn’t feel my humanity as I flew towards the monster of a man. I felt it slipping away as I got closer to his smiling face. I grabbed hold of his neck and launched us into the air. His hands gripped my arms clawing at me. He kicked wildly as we grew in altitude.

“You’re so funny. You think you’re strong enough to defeat me” he rasped. I halted when the air grew thin. I looked down into his coal colored eyes.

“I will. Would you like to know why?” I whispered darkly. I watched as my light began to dig into the flesh of his skull. He cried out and gripped my arm tighter, leaving marks behind. My grip tightened around his neck.

“Why” he choked on the words. I grinned down at him. Blood began to seep from his skin down his face. He winced as the light began to wrap around his torso like a snake.

“I have a daughter. She doesn’t remember you. I like it that way. You weren’t a man, you were a monster. You took life and twisted it into death and misery.” I spat in his face. The light growing tighter, digging deeper.

“Then what does that make you?” he grinned. His grip on my arm became loose as he was slipping away. I laughed and brought his face close to his.

“Your judgment.” I hissed. His face paled and I smiled. I looked down his eyes fallowed mine and widened. He began to struggle but I held him further away from my body. “Goodbye.”

I waited a moment as I watched him fall. I flew back to the clearing where my family was waiting. I touched down quietly.

“You shouldn’t have killed him.” The dead man shouted in my ear. I glared at him.

“What would you have me do?” I asked drawing the attention of the others.

“Wipe his memories! He didn’t have to die!” he screamed. I faintly heard Edward relaying the conversation to the others.

“He wouldn’t have stopped! He is an old, old, dark magic! He is strong! This was the only way!” I shouted. I glared at the man who stood before me. His black hair fell in front of his angry blue eyes.

“There is always a way!” he screamed. I laughed at him.

“Not in real life! I did what I had to protect my family! If there was another way I would have done it!” I screamed. A wave of nausea hit me and I knew I had used to much magic. I swayed and stumbled. Cold hands wrapped around my shoulders.

“She is right.” Carlisle said looking to where he assumed the dead man was. “She was protecting us. And we are grateful”

“Thank you” I whispered. He looked down at me. His golden eyes locked with mine. His thumb gently touched my forehead I winced and pulled away. He pulled his hand back, his thumb covered in blood. I watched him warily as he licked the blood from his thumb. I crinkled my nose.

“Delicious.” He said with a grin. I fake gagged.

“Dude, gross” I said with a laugh. He chuckled and picked me up bridal style. I rested my head on his cold chest. I felt him run and closed my eyes drifting off into unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey sorry for such slow updates. i know, i suck.
comments? yeah?
check out my new story violet please?
i love you all!
ENJOY
-R