‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

Daddy

I gasp for air, looking wildly around the room. My breathing is heavy and it is all I can hear. The room is dark but I recognize it as mine. I threw the blankets off me and staggered out of bed. I blindly felt around for the light switch. My hand touched the cold window and I sighed. I threw the curtains back and bathed in the moonlight.

“Sammy?” a raspy voice whispered in my ear. I whipped around and saw nothing. I turned in circles looking for that dreadful voice. I could only find the darkness that filled the air of my bedroom. I screamed when I felt a cool hand on my shoulder.

“Sam? Are you alright?” it was jasper. I looked at him in confusion. I sat in the window seat and closed my eyes.

“Yes, I’m fine.” I lied.

“You don’t feel fine.”

“Well I am! It was only a dream” I snapped. He looked shocked but nodded. He sat next to me and took my hand.

“You remind me of my mother. She was very kind, but just as stubborn.” He told me in a soft voice. I studied the bite marks on his arms.

“Thank you… I think” I told him. He chuckled.

“She had an illness, it made her bones wither and ache. Every morning she would be up doing what mothers do, even though it pained her.” He told me. His thumb traced patterns into mine.

“Jasper, why are you telling me this?” I asked warily. He grabbed my face gently in his cold hands. His eyes locked with mine.

“I lost my mother, I don’t want to lose you to.” He told me. He kissed my forehead and was gone. I sat there utterly confused. I heard the door creak open and I looked up to see Carlisle smiling at me.

“I had a nightmare.” I whispered. He nodded and pulled me into his arms. He held me tightly as I cried softly into his chest. He laid us on my bed and wrapped me in a soft blanket. He hummed to me as I fell into a dreamless sleep.

~~

I pushed the grocery cart down the aisle I looked at a box of cereal trying to decide if Beth would eat it. I sighed and threw the box into the cart. I heard giggling and smiled slightly to myself. Carlisle had taken Beth to look at some stuffed animals.

“Mommy! Mommy!” she laughed as she skidded to a stop knocking into my legs. I looked down at her. She held a giant stuffed wolf in her hands. It looked to be almost bigger than she was. Its butt dragged against the tiled floor.

“Yes baby?” I asked her, kneeling down so I could be eye level with her. She pushed her stuffed animal in my face.

“Look what daddy got me!” she yelled happily. I froze at the word. I could hear my heart beat in my ears. I looked behind her at Carlisle who had the same shocked look on his face. I studied him closely as he stared at Beth. He looked at her for a moment before breaking out into a grin.

He looked at me and his grin widened. It must have been contatitious because I found myself smiling also. I stood up grabbing Beth in the process. I placed her on my hip and looked at her.

“That was nice, what do you say?” I tried to hide the shaking in my voice. Beth turned her head slightly to look at Carlisle, who was now standing next to us.

“Thank you daddy!” she said happily. There’s that word again. He smiled at her and wrapped his arms around us.

“You’re welcome sweetie.” He said pulling us into his chest. I closed my eyes for a moment feeling warm in my heart. “Come on, mommy needs to finish getting food.”

“Can I sit in the big part?” Beth asked me innocently. I nodded and put her into the big section of the cart. She set her stuffed animal down and snuggled into it. I glanced at Carlisle, who was already looking at me.

“I’m sorry, if that made you uncomfterable.” I whispered to him. He shook his head and kissed my temple.

“You and Beth are my life. If it’s okay with you than its okay with me.” He told me. I smiled at him and threw my arms around his neck. His hands found my waist and held me tight.

“I love you.” I told him. He kissed my forehead.

“I love you to.” He whispered back to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its short. i know, i suck. but i'll update tomorrow! i promise!
i'll update violet tomorrow to.
comments? please? i looooove yooou! even you silent readers. <3
ENJOY
-R