‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

Seattle.

Sitting on the couch I stared at the ceiling. My wrist bandaged covering my new tattoo I smiled to myself softly. Beth was sleeping and Carlisle was making my favorite cheesy pasta.

“ here m’lady” Carlisle said handing me the bowl. I giggled and took the steaming dish from his hands. I snuggled into his side and continued watching the movie. I glanced out the window and noticed it was snowing.

“hey do you think school will be cancled today?” I pondered. I glanced at the clock. 4:30 am. Yes I get up that early every morning. I always did. I sat up to get a better look out the window. The snow was pilling up on the frozen ground.

“it probably will.” Carlisle whispered sending shiveres down my spine.

“I hope so!” I giggled. i shoved a large bite of pasta into my mouth, in a very unlady like way.

“ssssammmy” a hiss sounded in my ear. I jumped and looked around. Nothing was near me. Just the shadows of the house looming in the corners. “sammy”

“Carlisle?” I whispered knowing he would hear me. He was already looking at me. His eyes filled with worry.

“yes, dear?” he asked. Something cold brushed against my arm and I jumped away, knocking my pasta to the floor.

“c-c-can you hear that?” I asked him. He paused trying to hear, after a moment he shook his head no.
“saaaammy!” it hissed directly in my ear. I screamed and hid in Carlisle’s chest. “you can’t hide from me Sammy!”

“go away! Leave me alone!” I cried. Something grabbed my shoulders but I fought them off. After a few moments the hissing silenced and I was left with my heavy panting.

“are you okay?” Carlisle’s soft voice whispered. I looked up at him.

“now…now I am. I don’t know what it was. It felt evil.” I told him. He watched me carefully.

“okay. Don’t worry honey, I’ll keep you safe.” He whispered as he pulled me into a tight hug. We stayed like that until the phone rang making us both jump. I laughed lightly as I searched for the shrieking thing.

“hello?” I asked once I found it. there was a slight buzz on the other line.

“hey, Samantha! Its Judy. Just calling to tell you that school is cancled today! This goes for the elementary school as well.” The phone cackled. I grinned looking at Carlisle.

“oh thanks judy!” I replied to her. I heard her laugh on the other end.

“you’re welcome. Have a nice day.” She said before hanging up. I rolled my eyes at her, but stilled smiled.

“what to do today!” I said snuggling into Carlisle. He wrapped his arm around me tightly.

“I think we, me and you, should go out.” He answered scratching his chin. I looked up at him and smiled.

“go out, eh?” I asked. He looked down at me and nodded. “who would watch Beth?”

“the kids. They love her.” He said matter of factly. I smiled at him. I noticed him leaning towards me and I did the same. just as our lips were connecting the door burst open.

“seriously?! Can’t have one minute?!” I shouted in annoyance. Dahlia laughed and pulled me away from Carlisle. He smiled warmly at me. “we’ll continue this later”

“come on, sam! We have a date to prepare for!” Emalia shouted in pure excitement. I looked between her and Carlisle. This was planned! I will get him back for this!

“but it’s 5 o’clock in the morning!” I said frustrated. They laughed at me.

“beauty takes time! Plus this is an all day event!” Dahlia said as she sat me in a chair. i rolled my eyes but complied none the less.

It took a couple hours just so the girls could agree on something to throw me into. Finally they hand me change into a nice outfit. I looked at them with an amused expression.

“soo, what the big surprise girls?” I asked them. They looked at me and just smiled. Emalia took my hand and led me down the steps.

“here’s your bag. When it’s time for dinner change into these, you can do your makeup however.” She handed me the black bag, smirking at me. I shook my head and took the bag slinging it over my shoulder.

“your tattoo is badass, by the way.” Emalia whispered. I smiled at her.

“I heard that young lady!” dahlia shouted from my room. I giggled.

“yes I know, mother!” emalia shouted back. Their mother-daughter bond was a special one. They managed to be best friend but had a respectable line. I hoped that I could do that with Beth. I was honestly afraid she would hate me when she was older. i had brought some pretty messed up things into her life.

“you look beautiful, darling.” Carlisle said. I grinned at him noticing he had changed also. He was wearing a light blue shirt and black slacks. I snorted once I realized we match.

“it was alice’s idea.” Edward said. I looked at him noticing everyone was here. I giggled when alice smacked him upside the head.

“you guys look cute!” alice said defensively.

“mommy! You look pretty!” Beth shouted running from the kitchen. I momentary questioned why she was in the kitchen but figured it was a Beth thing. She could be weird sometimes.

“thank you honey bee! You look pretty yourself!” I told her once she was settled into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face in my neck.

“thanks mommy! Are you and daddy going out?” she asked looking up at me innocently. i grinned at her.

“yes. You’re going to be good while we’re gone right?” I asked her. She nodded. “good. I love you”

“I love you to mommy!” she squealed as she wiggled out of my arms. She ran over to Carlisle, once he had her securely in his arm she reached up and kissed his cheek. “ I love you to daddy!”

“love you to sweetie.” He told her. His loving expression melted my heart. I could feel the tears in my eyes. She never had the father figure. I’m glad she does now.

“okay! Off with you!” Dahlia shouted. Carlisle chuckled and grasped my hand and we walked into the snow.

“where are we going?” I asked. He shook his head and opened the door to his car for me. I giggled and jumped into the car. With lighting speed he was in the drivers seat backing out of the drive way. I leaned in to turn the radio and smiled at the piano flooding through the speakers.

“ I would love to hear you play sometime.” Carlisle whispered as he grabbed my hand. I giggled and nodded. I noticed the Seattle detour signs and grinned at Carlisle.

“Seattle! We’re going to Seattle?” I exclaimed at him. He laughed and nodded. I laughed and grabbed the camera from my bag and snapped a picture of him.

“how do you know I’ll show up on that?” carlsile asked me with a smirk. I gasped.

“no way! Really? That ruins everything! How am I supposed to take sexy pictures of you now?!” I shouted in half seriousness. He looked at me for a moment before laughing, soon I joined him.

“ we show up on film. Don’t worry your sexy pictures are safe.” He told me. i laughed at his seriousness and took another picture of his perfect smile.

“thank god. I don’t know what I would have done.” I laughed.

A few good hours later we were pulling into a parking spot in Seattle. I climbed out of the car, camera in hand. I was around one now. The cold air hit me and I frowned. I skipped to a statue on the corner of the street. I failed to see the ice and slipped. A startled scream escaped my lips and I closed my eyes.

“silly girl, I wouldn’t let you fall.” Carlisle chuckled. I slowly opened my eyes to see Carlisle leaning over me. I giggled.

“ oh my! What would I do with out you?” I asked drastically. He rolled his eyes and set me on my feet.

“probably break something. Be careful, it’s icy out.” He told me. I gave him a ‘duh’ look. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

“take a picture of me on this beast!” I said handing him the camara. I turned to the pig statue and climbed on top of it. I yelped at its cold metal.

“its cold.” Carlisle mocked. I flipped him off and rightend myself. I laughed as he snapped the picture. I motioned him over to me. he rose an eyebrow but fallowed. I dragged him so his shoulders were lined up with the pig’s head and leaned over him. I pointed the camara at us and snapped the picture. I kissed carlisle’s temple and used him to climb off the pig.

“we should get you some where warm. You’re freezing.” Carlisle told me. I rolled my eyes.

“says the one with ice skin.” I retorted. He chuckled and lead me to a museum looking building. Upon looking closer I realized it was an old fashioned movie theater. I grinned and tugged his hand.

“what would you like to see?” Carlisle asked. I glared at him. He knew damn well what I wanted to see. “two for ‘silver lingings playbook’ please.”

“I love you so much” I told him as he paid for the tickets. He chuckled muttering an ‘I know’ I skipped to the concession stand looking thing and ordered a small soda and a bag of skittles. I slapped Carlisle’s hand away and pulled out my own money.

“you paid for the movie. Plus, you don’t even eat” I told him. He rolled his eyes and lead us to the right screening.

“ooh look, teenagers kissing! Lets throw popcorn at them!” I whispered as we settled into the dark room. He chuckled and threw some skittles at the love birds. They looked back at us and glared. I giggled and made a face at the two.

“ do you think she bribed him to come watch a chick flick?” Carlisle murmered watching the two whisper quietly to each other. I snuggled into his side.

“just like you were?” I questioned. He looked down at me with a smile.

“yes”

“oh you know you wanted to see it just as bad” I told him. He laughed and leaned. My eyes fluttered close as his lips touched mine. I immediately kissed him back, tangling my hand in his hair. His hand touched my cheek. Out of no where a popcorn kernel hit my temple. I jumped and looked around. I saw the teenagers from before smirking at us. I giggled.

The beginning of the movie started and I snuggled back into carlisle’s side. I laughed throughout the movie. Carlisle seemed to have restless hands as he watched the movie. They always wondered trying to distract me. once the credits were rolling I stared at the screen.

“that was an awesome movie!” I exclaimed. Carlisle chuckled next to me. I turned to him. “we should dance.”

“good luck.” He said as he pulled me up to stand. I rolled my eyes.

“you’d be good at it! we could do that sexy butty shaking thing!” I laughed. His eyes wondered down my body before meeting up to my eyes.

“yeah, you do that and we won’t be dancing for long” he said. I blushed at his words. He lead us out into the chilly air.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh, sorry for the late update! my sister barrowed my laptop and didn't give it back! but anyway here it is!
silver linings playbook, great movie. watch it.
comments? pleeaaaaaaasse.
i looooove you guys!
ENJOY
-R