‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

say yes

I stared at the dress that was picked out for me. it was beautiful, I absolutely loved it. I stood in my panties and bra as I ran around the hotel room getting everything ready for my dinner date with my lovely vampire. I skipped to the bathroom to turn the water on and find a towel. Frowning I noticed the cabnent empty.

I froze mid skip just outside the bathroom door. My eyes connected with Carlisle’s. “hey, I thought you were changing?” I giggled as I slowly walked over to him. He was still in his blue shirt and black slacks form earlier.

“yeah, its hanging on the door. Figured I would have time to change since it takes you forever and a day to shower.” He said. His hands pulled me so I was sitting on his lap. I gasped dramatically.

“I do not!”

“yes, darling, you do” he chuckled. I puffed up my chest and stuck out my bottom lip, faking pouting. He chuckled and tightened his grip on my hips. “I love you”

“since you love me so could you grab me a towel. There isn’t any in the bathroom.” I asked innocently. he leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled and kissed him back. His hands slid up my sides and mine tangled into his blonde locks. I moaned as he pulled me closer to him, pressing our bodies tightly together.

Just as our kisses began to get rather steamy a loud knock rang through the room. I groaned and slid off Carlisle. I fully intened to answer the door but Carlisle grabbed my wrist gently. I smiled as he pulled me to him. He put his hand under my arm, his thumb resting against the side of my breast.

“get in the shower, I’ll get the door.” He said with a grin on his face. I tried to listen but his thumb rubbing circles was a large distraction.

“I, uh, okay” I breathed. He chuckled and kissed me lightly and nudged me towards the bathroom.
I shut the door leaving it cracked. I stipped and quickly jumped into the hot water. I groaned in pleasure as the water massaged my tense shoulders. I washed my hair and my body. The door creaked so I peeked out of the shower curtain to see Carlisle sitting on the counter, my towel in his hand.

“can I have that?” I asked. He shook his head ‘no’ and chuckled. I furrowed my brows at him. “why not?” he just shrugged at me. I sighed and used my magic to float the towel to me. once it was in my hands I wrapped it tightly around me and stepped out. I stuck my tongue out and giggled. in a flash I was on the counter with Carlisle standing between my legs grinning at me.

“whoa” I said grabbing his shoulders. He chuckled and began kissing my neck. “settle down, tiger!”

“you smell delicious” he groaned grabbing my hips tightly. He nipped at my neck causing a shiver to run down my spine. “expesically when you’re… excited.”

“you can smell me all night, but I’m starving, so lets go.” I grinned. His hands began to rub my skin. I shivered in delight and Carlisle smiled.

“you’re right.” He said suddenly smirking at the small pout that formed on my lips. He walked out of the bathroom and I fallowed. I grabbed my clothes and turned back to the bathroom. I did my make up and hair first then moved on to putting the dress on. I smiled at myself in the reflection. I walked out to see Carlisle in a very fancy looking tux. I smiled broadly at the sight. He was straightening his sleeve and glanced at me.

“your beauty never fails to baffle me.” he says he reaches out to touch my cheek. I lean into the touch and sigh.

“ thank you.” I whisper. I stare up at him and he seems to fidget under my gaze. I lift my eyebrow at him.

“don’t worry, love” he says. He grabs my hand, laces our fingers together, and tug us out the door. I giggle at him when we step into the elevator. I wrap my arms around his waist and reach on my tip toes to kiss his neck.

“did I ever tell you that you smell like milk and honey?” I murmured. I buried my head in his chest and inhaled. His sweet scent filled and swirled around in my nostrils. His hands ran up and down my back gently. I looked up at him. He smiled and leaned down to kiss me softly.

“no, but I’m glad I smell nice” he said with a grin. I giggled and kissed his cheek. The doors dinged open and we walked out and through the lobby and to the car.

Once seated in the car I looked out the window. We were in a nice part of Seattle. Only a small chunk of the city really. I realized it was dark outside and slightly chilly. A cold hand rested on my thigh and I smiled. I looked over at the vampire. He glanced at me and chuckled.

“do vampire’s hair grow?” I asked out of the blue. He turned his head to give me a quizzical look. I laughed but waited for him to answer.

“I guess. Just really slowly. I don’t think I’ve had a haircut in a century.” He laughed. I joined his laughter and ran my hand through his soft hair. “I may cut it”

“I like your hair, don’t cut it” I whispered softly in his ear. I tugged the ends softly earning a low growl from him. I chuckled and kissed his neck.

“you’re going to cause me to wreck the car” Carlisle groaned. I grinned and sat back.

“if I were to bite you” I paused “ would my teeth break?” I asked innocently. he laughed and shrugged. I grabbed his arm, that was still resting on my thigh, and gently bit into it. marble. He is made of marble.

“ow! But you feel so fleshy!” I groaned. He only laughed and made a turn into a parking lot. “ why do you have to be so hard?” as soon as it flew out of my mouth I realized how dirty it sounded

“you in that dress” he said with a devilish smirk. I stared at him for a moment then grinned. I then noticed that we were stopped and sitting in the parking lot of a nice dinner. As I reached for the door handle the door opened revealing Carlisle. I smiled at him.

“you do look beautiful, darling” Carlisle told me as we made our way into the dinner. a busty girl smiled at Carlisle and grabbed two menus.

“name?” she asked. Her voice was annoyingly high, okay, everything about her was annoying.

“Cullen” Carlisle answered politely. I glanced at him to see he was already smiling down at me. I looked back at the busty girl, who was now leading us to our table. We sat in a secluded booth near a window with purple lights framing it.

“what to drink?” the busty girl said to Carlisle. I glared slightly at the her back. Carlisle looked at me, signaling me to say something.

“oh, strawberry lemonade.” I muttered. The girl snorted and wrote on her pad. She looked at Carlisle who was still studying me.

“same.” he said with a fake smile to the waitress. She stared at him for a while longer before turning muttering a ‘I’ll be back later’.

“she was so checking you out!” I gasped.

“she was not” he chuckled. I rolled my eyes. He just smiled.

“yeah, and the sky is purple.” I muttered. Carlisle reached for my hand and laced our fingers together.

“I don’t care about her, tonight’s all about you” he said rubbing his tumb gently over mine. I smiled as I stared at him. The light casted subtle purple hues across his face, making his golden orbs sharper.

Suddenly drinks dropped down on the table, some of the contents splashing onto my chest. I gasped and moved back. I looked at the busty waitress who just smirked. “oops” she sneered. I rolled my eyes and accepted the napkins Carlisle were handing me.

“Amanda! What the actual fuck?” a male voice shouted. Our eyes snapped to the man in a deep red suit that was now running towards us.

“sorry, brother dearest, it was an accident” her voiced feigned sorrow. I looked up at Carlisle who was staring boldly at my chest. I giggled and tried to whip away the lemonade again.

“like hell. Go. You’re done for the night.” The man said to his sister. She huffed but walked away without a word. “I’m so sorry. Can I get you some wine?”

I looked warily at Carlisle. he seemed to be daydreaming. “uh, no. we are ready to order though” I told the man. He smiled and nodded. I ordered a some pasta and carlisle muttered out the same. the man left and I turned my gaze to Carlisle. he was staring at me now, but the far away look was still in his eyes.

“are you okay?” I asked reaching for his hand. He smiled at me and nodded.

“just nervous I suppose.” He said. I opened my mouth to ask when a basket of breadsticks were set in front of me.

“about what, car?” he grinned at my use of his nickname. Only I called him the silly word but it meant a lot to him. He grabbed a bread stick and handed it to me.

“eat one, I hear they’re delicious.” He murmured. I eyed him closely before taking the bread. I looked down at it and gasped. Slid onto the bread stick was a beautiful ring I looked at the ring to Carlisle to the ring and back at Carlisle.

“Samantha, I love you more than anything. You are a beautiful, smart, and kind woman. Your presence in my life brings light to my soul. Your spunk and humor makes me smile.” He started. He went down on one knee on the floor infront of our booth. I turned so I could face him. I brought my hands to my face, my eyes tearing up. Carlisle’s phone lit up and he grinned. He answered and held it out to me.

“mommy! Say yes! I love you!” Beth said through the phone. Carlisle grabbed the phone and set it on the table slowly.

“I’ve thought of every way to ask you. I thought of every movie that you watched and your rants about the proposals in them. I wanted the perfect way to ask.” Carlisle said. He took the bread and slid the ring off and gently took my shaking hands.

“I guess, what I’m trying to ask you, is…” he paused and I furrowed my brows. I reminded myself not to get ahead of myself. Maybe he wasn’t asking the big question. A light turned on and a large family stepped into it. I regconized the faces of my family. I wondered how they got here for a brief moment.

“will you marry me?” they shouted in unison with Carlisle. I looked at him. Stunned. He went into the much trouble today? How long did it take to organize this? Beth ran up to us and tugged on my dress.

“mommy, you have to say something” she whispered. I looked at Carlisle and opened my mouth to say yes! Yes! Yes! But nothing came out. I nodded as the tears ran down my cheeks.

“yes! Yes!yes! yes! A thousand times yes!” I said. Carlisle put the ring on my finger and stood up taking me with him. He crashed his lips onto mine and kissed me. i wrapped my arms around his neck. I heard cheering and smiled. We parted and I looked around. Beth reached up for me so I picked her up. She hugged me tightly and then reached to hug Carlisle.

The rest of the Cullen crew crowded around. they each hugged me, although Emmett actually picked me up off the ground and spun me around. when he set me down we laughed. We packed into our booth, some extra chairs were needed.

“sam, you have no idea how long Carlisle was thinking about this” Edward said with a smile. I leaned on Carlisle’s shoulder and Beth snuggled into his stomach, as she was sitting on his lap.

“you’ll have to dance with me now, you know” I said with a giggle. Everyone looked at us with confused eyes.

“I guess I do” Carlisle said. i looked at the ring on my finger and smiled. “I love you Sammy.”

“I love you too, car” I whispered grabbing his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
BOOM BABY!! i'm back.
sorry for that long wait! i really truly am!
tell me what you think? please?
shout out to all my commenters! i love you guys!
okay i love you to, silent readers.
ENJOY
-R