‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

an off day

I stared at my reflection in disgust. The scar that the bullet left was pale against my tan skin. I frowned at it. how could I wear a wedding dress with this? I would have to find one that went over my shoulders, or at least had a higher neck line. I sighed and sat on my bed. I can’t necessarily point out when I had moved in with Carlisle, it just sort of happened.

I groaned at fell back on the bed. I rubbed my tired eyes. I haven’t been sleeping, nightmares plagued my sleep. I felt cold hands rub my sides and I giggled once they touched a ticklish spot.
The hands continued their assault as I screamed with laughter.

“Carlisle, quit I have to get ready for work” I giggled out. I opened my eyes to see his golden orbs staring down at me. he leaned forward and pressed his lips against my neck.

“ call in sick.” He suggested as he nipped my collar bone. His hands found my breast as they massaged gently. I moaned and arched my back into him. He chuckled and pressed his lips to mine. My hands found their way to his hair and I tugged them lightly.

“ sam! Can I get a ride with you?” Jasper shouted through the closed door. I froze and looked at Carlisle, who looked irritated at the interruption. I giggled. and bit Carlisle’s neck gently.

“yeah! Let me get dressed and I’ll be down for breakfast!” I shouted. Carlisle rested his head on my shoulder, turning his face so it was resting in the crook of my neck. I rubbed his back and shoulders and tugged gently at his hair, just the way I knew he liked it. he growled into my neck. I giggled as his hands ghosted over my sides and down my legs.

“wear the pink shirt, with the belt. I like that one.” Carlisle said as he stood up, pulling me with him. I hit his chest with a soft ‘ompf’. I skipped to the closet and pulled out the shirt.

“this one?” I asked holding it over my chest. he nodded, his eyes scouring my body. I blushed and turned to pull out some jeans and shoes. I turned and Carlisle had moved to be right behind me. I gasped and looked up to see his face. His eyes stared intensely into mine. His thumb gently traced my cheek bone and down my jaw.

“I love you, Sammy.” He whispered. I smiled up at him. My hand cupped his cheek.

“I love you to, Carlisle.” I told him softly. He pulled me into a tight hug. I rested my head on his cold chest. I sighed contently and pulled away from him. I reached into the closet and found a dark blue sweater and black slacks. I handed them to him and grinned at him. It was my favorite shirt of his.

“ thank you, baby.” He said. I turned to grab my own clothes and put them on. I walked to the bathroom and put my hair into a bun. I stared at my reflection for a moment before walking out.

I was stopped at a light. Beth sang happily to the radio and jasper smiled feeling her happiness. I smiled at my daughter having fun. I was relieved that she was sleeping, eating, and acting normally. The light turned green and I turned into her school parking lot. Jasper told me he would wait in the car and I took Beth to her class.

“have a good day. I love you.” I told her as I hugged her tightly.

“I love you to, mommy!” she said and kissed my cheek before running off. I nodded to her teacher and walked back to my car. I glanced toward the woods and stopped. For a moment I saw Brent. I shook my head and looked again. He was gone. Once I was back on the road I glanced at jasper.

“did you see anything, you know, funky?” I asked him trying to sound cool. He rose an eyebrow at me and shook his head.

“no”

“okay. Don’t worry about it.” I told him. I parked and we walked into the school. The air was cold and I feared it would snow during the day. I thanked jasper for carrying in my stuff and shoed him away before he was late to class. I sat in my chair and waited for the bell to ring.

~~~

“okay class. We’re doing landscapes. So for today and tomorrow we’re going to go out to the football field and sketch the landscape. Now, you can draw the forest, the school, or the football field. No you cannot go into the forest. I will not deal with any shenanigans today so be good. Any questions?” I ended my speech and a hand shot up from the table in the front. Josh I think his name is.

“yes?”

“is that an engagement ring on your finger?” he asked. I rose my eyebrow at him.

“yes it is. Any questions pertaining to the project? No. good, lets head out” I said. The students filed out quickly. I looked around the room once more before i saw the dark mass in the corner of the room. I walked closer and found it was the same dark tar that would float around Brent. I studied it and questioned why no one else had seen it. a pale hand shot out of the mass and I shrieked and fell back from it.

“Sam?!” I looked up to see Emmett looking worriedly down at me. I shakily looked at the dark mass. “Sam, I don’t see anything”

“I, uh, o-okay. Help me up.” I said. He helped me up and I held his arm tightly. I waved my hand in front of the mass. My magic glowed from my hands but shrunk away from it. I to Emmett and back at the mass.

“ we should get going, they’re going to wonder where you went” Emmett said slowly. I nodded and we walked out. Before we were fully outside I stopped him.

“Don’t tell Carlisle, please? I can handle this.” I told him. My voice still slightly shaky. He stared at me for a long time.

“Okay, but if this gets worse I will tell him.” He said. I nodded and walked towards the crowd of students.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's short. i'm sorry i was going to write a ton but my mind went blank and now i can't think. i'll try to write more tomorrow.
comments? please.
ENJOY
-R