‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

i've dreamed about it, Ms. Turner.

sitting in my swivel chair stationed at my desk I played with my engagement ring. i thought of all the happy memories i shared with Carlisle. it was currently passing period to the last class of the day. it was an uneventful day at the school and i was looking forward to going home. Alice has decided to book the day for wedding plans.

“Samantha.” i jumped at the voice next to my ear. i glanced in the direction of the voice to find the dead man.

“why can’t i remember your name?” i asked him. he shrugged.

“i don’t know. i told you everything that day you were shot.” he told me. i cringed at the memory. i hated to think about that day. i knew that it saved some people but it scared me and i don’t know how to heal from that. i just pushed down the feelings.

“i’ll figure it out someday.” i told him. he grabbed my hand and kneeled down in front of me. his face was serious and that made me uneasy.

“look, sam, there is something coming. i’ve been trying to block it but its getting stronger. its been leaking through, i know you’ve seen it. i don’t know what it is, i just know its evil. its bad sam, and its coming for you.” he warned me. i opened my mouth to reply but students began pouring into the room. i gave him a pleading look but he simply vanished to wherever he goes.

“Ms. Turner, are you okay?” the psychic girl asked me. i gave her a smile and nodded. once the students were all seated and calmed down i stood.

“okay class, since today is the last day before spring break its going to be an easy assignment.” the class cheered and i held up my hand to silence them. “ don’t get excited yet. before we do anything we are going to share our weekly sketches. but before that i’ll explain the project. i want you to create a collage on a large canvas that expresses something you hold deeply dear to you. now, it can be anything and made of any medium.”

“do we have to do our weekly sketches during break?” a boy in the front asked. a few students threw him a glare but i smiled at him.

“very good question. yes, you do. since you have two weeks off, i expect two sketches from you. one of those sketches has to involve the color blue.” i explained. the students nodded and i gave a pointed look to my munchkins in the back.

“can i show my sketch first, Ms. Turner?” Emmalia asked. i nooded and beckoned her up to the front. she put her sketch under the projector and stepped back. i smiled at her work knowing it was a portrait of her and Gabriel.

“that’s very beautiful. any other volunteers? yes, how about you Jasper?” i asked. he offered me a smile and stood. he showed the class his sketch of an apple. i smiled and he sat down. the rest the class period went that way until the last student shuffled forward. he looked towards me in nervousness. i nodded and smiled at him to encourage him. he sighed and thrust the book down to reveal his sketch. i pursed my lips unable to decide what to say.

“Samantha! that’s what i’ve been fighting off!” the dead man said suddenly beside me. i jumped slightly.

“Dylan, how did you come up with this idea?” i asked gently. he yanked his sketch from the table and shuffled towards me.

“i, uh, saw it in a dream. i’m sorry if it upset you.” he said quickly. i shook my head.

“no, no, honey, its okay. i was just curious is all.” i told him. he smiled and went back to his seat. the bell rang and i dismissed the students. the cullen crew rushed to my desk in an human speed that made me chuckle.

“ what was that?” Emmalia asked. i sighed and rubbed my forehead.

“i don’t know. i’m going to ask our resident casper about it when i get home.” i told them and they nodded. Edward grabbed my bag and Jasper grabbed my book. i smiled at the two and we walked through the halls and out the door.

“where is my car?” i asked once i realized it wasn’t parked. i heard the boys chuckle and i turned to glare at them. “where is it?”

“i think your fiance can explain it better.” Edward said with a smirk. my glare hardened in confusion.

“well he isn’t here so unless you want some magical lighting up your ass you better tell me.” i said tiredly.

“sammy. please don’t impale the boys.” Carlisle’s voice rang from behind me. i twirled around to glare at him. i couldn’t hold it together once he smiled at me. i rolled my eyes but grinned at him none the less.

“can you explain, please. i have to pick Beth up from school then go to the store for the pigs we live with.” i said. Carlisle only chuckled and swept me up in a hug.

“Gabriel is picking Beth up and Emalia is going to go to the store.” he explained. i put my hands in his jacket to warm them as i thought of what he had said.

“then where are we going?” i asked him. he smiled wrapping his arms around me.

“thats a surprise.” he said before lifting me up and taking off to the house using his vampire speed. i laughed the whole way only momentarily worrying about someone seeing him. he set me down in the room we shared and told me to pack a bag. he ran out of the room and reappeared with a smirking alice.

“i don’t think i like this surprise.” i muttered as alice began pulling out clothes and tossing them to me. i chuckled and began putting them neatly into the bag that Carlisle gave me. i took a moment to admire the bag,i truly did adore it. when everything was stuffed inside Carlisle appeared back in the room to whisk us off to the car. once we were settled he began driving.

“are you going to propose again?” i asked him cheekily. he glanced at me with a smile.

“no, i can if you want me to though.” he said as he placed a hand on my knee. i giggled and positioned myself so my feet were underneath me and i was facing my lovely vampire.

“no, i think the first one was perfect.” i told him dreamily. he chuckled and turned into what looked like a fancy hotel. i rose my eyebrow at him in question.

“come, its just for tonight. tomorrow we begin our adventure.” he told me before getting out of the car. i shook my head and did the same. in one hand carlisle held our bags and the other held my hand. we made our way to the front stand and he dropped the bags gently. the man working looked up at us and held his gaze on me. i shifted uncomfortably close to Carlisle.

“we would like a room for the night, please.” Carlisle said, his voice tight. his hand tightened on mine a fraction so i put my hand on his stomach to calm him.

“ yes. would that be all?” he asked looking bravely at my chest. my level of comfort plummeted and i tugged Carlisle’s hand.

“no, room service will be needed and if i catch you staring down my fiance’s dress i’ll personally call your boss.” Carlisle growled. the man nodded and handed us a key. Carlisle grabbed it and our bags and pulled me to the elevator. once inside he dropped everything and pressed me to the wall.

“a little jealous, are we?” i chuckled before being silenced by his lips on mine. my arms wrapped around his neck to press him closer to mine. i moaned when his hands pushed my hips into his.

“you are mine. understand?” he growled as he kissed my neck. i nodded unable to form words.

“y-yes.” i groaned when he nipped at my sweet spot. the door dinged open and we pulled apart. Carlisle picked up our things and gently pulled me to our room. i pouted at him as he opened the door. he chuckled as i walked passed him. i fell back onto the bed and sighed at its softness.

“comfortable?” Carlisle snickered. i ignored him and closed my eyes. i felt Carlisle take off my shoes and i giggled as it tickled. i opened my eyes to see him grinning up at me. i lifted my eyebrow and he just pointed to his neck. i stared confused until i bolted to the bathroom. i stared wide eyes at the hickey on my neck.

“you think you’re so funny, but you’re not!” i told him when he appeared behind me. i leaned back on him and he wrapped his arms around me. i looked at him through the mirror and frowned when i noticed that i paled in comparison to him.

“what’s wrong, love?” he asked pulling my hair away to kiss my neck. i broke away from him and turned to lean on the counter.

“you’re so beautiful, Car.” i told him sadly. he rose an eyebrow at me. “i’m...i’m just average. you could do so much better.”

“no, i don’t think i could.” he told me.

when i didn’t say anything he reached around me and unzipped my dress. i reluctantly stepped out of it and allowed him to set me up on the counter. he grabbed my foot and lifted it gently to point at a freckle. “this from this freckle.” he started and parted my legs and pointed to a stretch mark on my inner thigh. “to this stretch mark.” he continued touching the bullet scar gently. “to this scar” he finished by turning me to face the mirror, he pointed to a freckle above my right eyebrow.

“to this freckle, i find beautifully stunning. your very existence makes mine so much brighter. your love of our family, our sons and daughters, our grandbabies. jasper calls you mother when you’re not around to hear it, you know that? you risked your life to save your students. you’re beautiful, sexy, kind, loving, everything i look forward to when you are my wife. someday your belly will be round with my children and i will be ecstatic. i love you so much Sammy. don’t ever question that.” he concluded his speech by pressing his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know this update is pretty crappy. i'm sorry, i really am.
tell me what you think please.
now don't get excited or upset but i'm thinking when this one is all wrapped up that i write kind of sequel to this for whoever you guys want .(except Emmett and Carlisle obviously)
i really like writing this series and if you want more than cast your vote! if not then thats fine. i won't hold it against you. this one is totally up to you guys!!
so tell me what you think.... i think i said that already, well anyway!
ENJOY
-R