‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

Ms. Turner skips school.

I smiled as I shuffled down the stairs. I took the day off to spend the day with Beth. Yeah I know, I’m a teacher you shouldn’t ditch school. Teachers get a grand total of 3 days that we could take off for personal days; I’m taking a personal day. I looked out the window and saw it was blindingly sunny out and a marvelous idea came to mind.

“Bethany! Come get breakfast!” I shouted up the stairs. I heard her door open and she stumbled out of her room. I smiled at the intense bed head she was sporting, like mother like daughter. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me. Pip fallowed right behind her.

“Mommy, pip had a nightmare last night.” She told me when she reached the bottom step. I reached down and picked her up.

“Why was that?” I asked her. She nestled her face in the crock of my neck. I patted her back and begun walking to the kitchen.

“He kept crying. But I waked him up… and he licked my face.” She said. I chuckled at her use of ‘waked’.

“Coz he loves you honey.” I told her as I set her in her chair. She began eating her French toast. I sat at next to her and slowly ate my food. “How about we go flying” her face lit up and nodded excitedly.

“Oh! Can pip go! Please! Please! I’ll hold him tight! Please mom!” she pleaded. I watched her bounce around in her chair. I laughed and nodded. He was a small dog I could hold on to them both and still fly. She squealed and ran off to her room to get dressed. Pip fallowed closely behind her.

I walked up the stairs quickly. I walked into my room and looked at my window curiously. I closed that last night. Why is it open now? I closed it with my magical powers. I snorted at myself. I walked to the closet and picked out clothes and put them on. I looked at myself in the mirror. I conjured up some snacks and stuffed them in the bag. I walked quickly into Beth’s room to check on her. She was putting a little dog jacket on pip. I laughed and helped her.

“Come on, put on your jacket Beth.” I told her. She ran to her closet and pulled out a bright green jacket. I helped her put it on. She ran down the stairs with pip barking behind her. I laughed and fallowed her with a hat for her.

“Mommy! Come on!” she shouted. I laughed and walked slower. She grabbed my hand in her tiny ones and tugged me down the hall way. “Come on!”

“Okay. Oaky. Here, it’s going to be cold in the forest. Put it on.” I told her as I put pip in the bag along with the snacks. I fastened it to Beth’s back. When she put the hat on I scooped her up and held her tightly. I opened the door, without touching it, and walked to the edge of the street.

“This is the best part pip!” she shouted to her dog, he in return licked her ear. I stretched out my wings and began running. I jumped to a rock and launched into the air. Beth squealed and giggled. At first it was a little rough adjusting to flapping my wings when a child and dog clutching onto me but I got used to it and my strokes got stronger and smoother.

Soon we were high enough no one would see. I looked down and saw the town passing beneath us. I tightened my grip on Beth and pip. She giggled and buried her face in my neck. The cold was probably making her nose hurt.

“Do a flip mommy!” she shouted into my neck. I laughed and tipped my wing down and swung us in circles. Beth laughed and pip barked. I laughed and flew straight. I studied the ground below us and saw a beautiful white house. I slowed my pace a fraction to look at it. Expensive cars were parked in the drive way. I saw a flash of white and decided to pick up my speed to get to the forest.

I found a place to land and gently touched my feet to the grass. I set Beth down and looked around. We were on the mountain side. I could see a lake down the hill a little. I moved my hands and a blanket appeared on the ground. Beth giggled and sat down and pip sat happily on her lap. I sat next to Beth and opened my bag. I pulled out some sandwiches and gave one to Beth. I looked at pip and gave him the ‘don’t even think about it’ look. He looked down guiltily and moved away from her.

“Aw! Mom you hurt his feelings!” Beth said and patted pip’s head. I looked at her.

“Beth, he’s not allowed to sit on your lap when you are eating. You know that.” I told her. She sighed and began eating her food. When she was finished she jumped up and started playing with pip. “Stay where I can see you!”

“I will mommy!” she answered me. She found some sticks and played fetch with pip. I watched her play with a smile on my face. I had a nagging feeling that I was being watched and looked around. My heart started pounding. What if it was Brent had found us? My hands began shaking slightly.

“Bethany! Get come here.” I shouted. She stopped playing and ran over to me. Her braided hair bouncing slightly. Pip ran over to us but crouched down and began growling towards the forest edge. I wrapped an arm around Beth and hoisted her up.

“Aw mom, I don’t wanna go home now!” she whined. I didn’t look at her; I kept my eyes on the forest. Something was there, I could tell.

“We are just gonna move okay, baby? I saw a spider.” I told her. She laughed at that. Beth, being a brilliant 5 year old, thinks my fear of spiders is silly, Even though she’s afraid of chickens.

“Oh mommy! A spider won’t hurt you! I’ll get him!” she said as she started to wiggle around. I tightened my grip on her and she quit.

“Come on; let’s check out that lake, yeah?” I told her. I finally looked at her and she smiled at me. She was a little fish, she loved to swim and be around water.

“Okay! Come on pip!” she shouted. Pip looked back at her for a moment but went back to growling at the woods. I smacked my hip and he reluctantly walked over to me. I picked him up and spread my wings and took off.

~CARLISLE POV~

I walked out of the house to get some fresh air. Alice saw another vision of Ms. Turner. I know her name is Samantha, but it feels wrong to call her that until she tells me to. I looked into the sky, a habit I’ve developed since Esme left. I heard faint giggling and my eye brows furrowed. I saw I faint outline of a person in the sky. What the hell? Then it hit me, it was Ms. Turner! So her wings do work. How interesting.

I quickly followed her path as she flew in the sky. She landed not too far from Edward’s clearing. She conjured up a blanket and her daughter, Bethany, sat with their dog. I chuckled as Ms. Turner scolded Bethany. She was a wonderful mother. Bethany started playing with their dog. I watched Ms. Turner. She was looking at her child, love evident on her face. I smiled softly.

My eyes wondered over her body, her beautiful body. She was thin, but curvy, the perfect balance in a woman. Her dark hair was pulled into a bun and her skin was kissed by the sun. I heard her soft laugh and I couldn’t help but to smile at the beautiful sound. She looked around. I stepped back surrounded by the thick shadows.

She shot up and called for Bethany. Bethany ran over and Ms. Turner picked her up. I noticed her hands shaking and I wondered what had happened from the relaxed happy state she was in. “Aw mom I don’t wanna go home now” Beth’s little voice whined.

“We are just gonna move okay, baby? I saw a spider” she told her daughter in a soft voice. I knew instantly she was lying. Her voice was lower when she lied. Something was scaring her and she didn’t want to tell Bethany. I felt a pang of guilt at the possibility that she had felt my stares and I frightened her. I don’t want to frighten her, I want to love her, protect her.

“Oh mommy! A spider won’t hurt you! I’ll get him!” little Bethany shouted. I chuckled softly. She was raising quite the child.

“Come on; let’s check out that lake, yeah?” Ms. Turner told her little girl. Bethany’s eyes lit up as did mine. I knew the lake she was talking of. I could take a walk and run into her, maybe I could talk to her. Bethany said something and Ms. Turner called their dog. He walked to her after growling at me a couple more times. Ms. Turner opened her beautiful wings and launched herself into the sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, this is really just a filler. big stuff is going to happen next chapter! i will probably update it later today.
please subscribe and comment, it makes me wanna wright more... just throwing that out there.
ENJOY!!!