‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

you're my favorite teacher, Ms. turner.

“okay class! Today we are going to start sculpting. Now this is a messy process and I expect each and every one of you to leave this class with clay on you! There are aprons in the supply closet.” [url= http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=68739991]I[/url] told the class. They all looked at me blankly for a moment. One boy raised his hand.

“why are you so dressed up, Ms. Turner? Got a hot date tonight?” the boy asked. He slung his arm around the back of his chair and I scuffed at him.

“if you must know, today is my father’s birthday and after school I am taking him to dinner.” I told him truefuly. He grumbled something under his breath and I ignored him. I opened my mouth to say something but heard something slam. It was faint and so I knew the students didn’t hear it. I cocked my head to the side.

“Ms. Turner?” angie asked me. Held up my hand, fully aware everyone was watching me.

“ang, get everyone in the supply closet and don’t let them leave till I say okay.” I told her in a serious tone. She stared at me wide eyed and nodded. She ushered everyone in the large supply closet. I flicked my wrist and locked it. A moment later a man burst into the room sporting a large gun.

“it’s the angel! Whoa, I didn’t know angels worked in highschool.” The man said. I rose my eyebrow but realized he was the man that attacked me. I rose my hand but he pointed the gun at me. “ don’t blind me again! That light burned!” he shouted. I slowly put my hand down.

“you need to calm down. Come on, we can talk about this.” I told him calmly. My heart was beating in my throat.

“no! no! no! I don’t want to talk about it! That’s what everyone wants to do, talk about it!” he shouted waving the gun closer to me. He stopped and looked around the room. “where are the kids?”

“this is my free period. “ I lied. I kept my eyes on him hoping he wouldn’t notice the backpacks laying around.

“alright, alright, alright. I don’t want to shoot no angel. “ he shouted. I heart skipped a beat painfully. He watched me closely for a moment. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped and looked over my shoulder. I fallowed his gaze. My heart stopped.

It was Emilia.

“angel’s don’t lie! You aren’t supposed to lie! Why did you lie!” he screamed. Everything went in slow motion. He moved his gun from me to emalia. I saw the slight shaking in his hands and he pulled the trigger. I jumped in front of emalia.

“NO!” emalia shouted. She dropped to her knees. I was laying on the floor and I couldn’t understand why she was crying. I noticed Edward run from the closest and drag the man from the room. I heard the man screaming about shooting an angel.

I felt a warm liquid pooling around my neck. I lifted my hand and touched my shoulder. I cried out when I touched a wound. It felt like a lot of blood. Tears sprung into my eyes. Beth, what about Beth. I can’t leave her alone.

“Beth will be okay Ms. Turner.” Edward told me. I looked at him and nodded. “I promise. She’ll be okay”

I held up my hand and took Emalia’s. she held onto my hand tightly, almost breaking it. I didn’t care though. I looked up and saw all my students staring at me with wide watery eyes. I instantly felt guilty that they had to see me like this.

“you Can’t die! What about Carlisle? You two were perfect for each other!” the dead man shouted. He was standing behind emalia. I stared at him with wide eyes. He had this light shining behind him. “you can’t die”

I was suddenly aware of the pain in my shoulder. I winced and closed my eyes. Someone put a jacket under my head. “I don’t want to bleed all over you guys.” I told Emalia and Edward. They just looked at me sadly. Emalia started crying harder. “please don’t cry”

“Ms. Turner. You saved us” a girl said. I tried to look at her but it hurt. “thank you”

I opened my mouth to say that she didn’t need to thank me but I coughed. “no…need…to…thank….” I managed to say. It was a harsh whisper. The girls turned to the boys and cried into their chest and the boys tried to look brave. I looked back and my two best students. Edward and emalia were knelt next to me. Emalia held my hand and Edward whipped some blood from my face.

“ Ms. Turner, stay with us.” Edward said as my head got foggy. I wondered slightly why I wasn’t healing. I mean I’ve never been shot before. Usually I heal quickly, but that’s with little things like a fractured bone or cut.

“I’m sorry miss emalia and mister Edward. I was going to tell you guys that your work was entered in the art show….” I told them somewhat deliriously. “I wanted to tell you on better terms, maybe with your brothers her. Listen to you gloat a little.”

“Ms. Turner, its okay. Tell us when you get better” emalia said. I heard the thickness in her voice. I looked at her and saw some blood on her chin. I lifted a shaky hand and whipped it off. A pretty face like hers shouldn’t be tainted with blood.

My head was cloudy and turning fuzzy. I smiled softly at the to and subcumed to the darkness.

I opened my eyes and I was in a field. Oh great I’m halucianating. I looked down at myself and realized I had changed clothes. I felt the soft fabric of the white dress. Am I dead?

“you are not dead Samantha.” I heard a man say. I turned around and saw the dead man. I jumped back at his proximaty.

“if I’m not dead then were am i?” I asked as I looked around the field. Flowers popped up from the tall grass and it reminded me of where I grew up.

“I don’t know! I don’t know everything just because I’m dead!” the dead man said with a chuckle. I laughed lightly.

“ well, sorry. Where am I then?” I asked. He shrugged.

“somewhere from your past I guess.” He said. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. Smartass.

“well oh-kay” I sighed. I looked around and realized this was from when I was a child. I used to sit here and let my mother braid hair.

“yeah. Oh look at that. I think they’re talking to you!” the dead man said. I rose my eye brows at him. I faintly heard people talking. I strained my ears to listen, but it only came out muffled.

“ugh! Why am I here?” I grumbled. The dead man laughed. I eyed him closely. “who are you anyway. What did you mean ‘his son watches mine’?”

“well. My name is Gabriel. Dahlia was my soon to be wife but when she was pregnant with our child we were robbed. I jumped infront of her to save her. I guess I died. I am actually really happy Emmett took role as Gabriel’s father. Then they had child and where married.” He explained. I guess he was lonely and wanted to tell someone his story.

“Emmett? By chance is emalia his daughter?” I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

“yeah. Bright isn’t she. They all are. Except that bella girl, she’s just a snob.” He said. He looked around “don’t tell Edward I said that” he added quickly. I laughed and nodded.

“okay. Hey, what are they?” I asked him. He opened his mouth to say something but it I couldn’t hear him.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.BEEP. turn it off!

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. turn it off now!

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. God damn it! Turn it off

“hey Carlisle, I think that machine is making her irritated.” I heard Edward say. Figured that one out did ya? Was it real hard to figure out?! Tell him to- wait a second!

I opened my eyes slowly. The lights were off to my relief. There was a pressure on my right side chest and I looked down. Beth was curled up to my side and holding onto my arm tightly. Tears filled my eyes and I hugged her tightly. I winced at the pain in my other shoulder but ignored it. I held Beth close to me and cried silently into her hair.

“mommy?” she said in a little voice. She looked up and me and smiled brightly. She jumped up and threw her arms around my neck. I winced again but didn’t say anything. “gab-el told me you were just sleeping. But you weren’t snoring! You always snore mommy!” she said in a big breath. Everyone chuckled. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

“I’m sorry, baby girl. I will remember to snore next time.” I told her. She smiled and nodded. She settled back into my side and I laid back down wrapping the blanket around her tightly. I looked up to see almost the entire Cullen family, plus angie and dad, looking at us.

“ well, hello” I said. They all smiled. Dad took my hand.

“I am so glad you are a wake. The only thing that could calm Bethany down was Gabriel over here.” Dad said. Beth giggled into my side and I chuckled. “I’m going to go make some calls okay? I will be right back” I nodded.

“hello, Ms. Turner. My name is Dahlia.” The blonde standing next to Emmett said. I looked from her to Emmett, then from her to Emalia, to Gabriel. Yep, the dead man was right. I furrowed my eye brows together, what did he say his name was? “you saved my family”

“ I hardly saved them, I just…” I trailed off. I just got shot.

“you saved us. Thank you. gosh thank you. you were always my favorite teacher!” emalia said. I smiled at her.

“well, your welcome I guess. And thank you. your class was always my favorite.” I told her. She took my hand again and smiled sadly at me. I looked down at my hand remembering those minutes bleeding on the floor.

“ okay kids, go home. You can visit her tomorrow.” Dr. Cullen said to his children. They all looked at him. Emalia hugged me gently, then hugged Beth.

“ I’m going to visit you everyday Ms. Turner!” emalia said. I nodded with a soft smile.

“okay miss Emalia, I will see you tomorrow then” I told her she grinned and ran out the door .

“good bye Ms. Turner. Good bye little Beth” he told Bethany. She giggled and jumped up to hug him. He hugged her back gently. She sat back down and curled up to my side. I chuckled. Everyone said goodbye and waved. I looked around to notice the various flowers in the room. I smiled softly.

“ you were very brave.” Dr. Cullen said. Angie took Beth to go get ice cream. I looked at him.

“I was terrified.” I told him. He chuckled. And leaned on the counter.

“you saved your students. You saved my family. Thank you” He said. i shifted. I didn’t feel like I saved anyone.

“I hardly saved anyone. But thank you.” I told him. I winced and closed my eyes.

“I can get you some morphine, and an extra blanket for bethany.” He told me. I nodded at him and smiled.

“thanks.”

He was at the door with a lovely smirk on his face. He fixed his collar slightly. “would you like to go to dinner with me, when you are released, if you’d like” he said. I stared at him with a grin.

“I would love to”

He grinned and nodded. He opened the door and looked back at me. “i’ll bring you the blanket and morphine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
welp comment and subscribe.
love you guys