‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

Bang Bang Bang

“Ms. Turner! I have a gift for yoooouuu!” Emalia sang as she came bouncing into the hospital room. I laughed and sat up in the (surprisingly comfortable) hospital bed. I straitened my pajamas and smiled at her. I felt my wings rustle beneath my skin. I had to wear a simple tank top so I could have the bandage over my shoulder. The bullet , I guess, lodged itself just below my collar bone.

“ Miss Emalia! How was school?” I asked her. She smiled and sat on the chair next to me. She pulled out a pink bag and handed it to me with a grin. I looked at her closely for a moment. Then opened it carefully. Inside was a cute dinosaur it was just so cute! I smiled at it.

“thank you miss Emalia. Did you make this?” I asked her. I looked up to find her grinning. She nodded and my smile widened. I looked down again to find a card. I opened it and a mess of signatures were present. I felt tears in my eyes as I read the various get well messages.

“Ms. Turner. How are you doing?” Dr. Cullen asked poking his head in the door. I couldn’t help but to smile at him. I got butterflies in my stomach every time he was around.

“ hello Dr. Cullen! I’m doing okay. Oh look at what miss Emalia brought me! It’s a dinosaur! Dinosaurs were always my favorite.” I told him. He smiled and walked into the room. I handed him the dinosaur and he held it in his hands carefully.

“its quite adorable, Ms. Turner. Where is Bethany? I expected her to be here snuggled up.” He commented. I looked at him for a long time. Not because I was mad, but because I felt like he truly cared. He wasn’t looking at me, he was still studying the dinosaur. He smiled and I felt my lips mirror the action.

“she’s with my father. He wanted to take her to watch the football game with a family friend. I guess their kids are the same age. She’s staying the night with dad.” I told him. He nodded and handed the dinosaur back. He smiled at me and I could feel my insides melt.

“that’s wonderful. Your father was really scared when he first came in. I thought I’d have to put him in a room!” he chuckled. I giggled and nodded.

“yeah, he gets like that.” I told him. He leaned against the counter. He wrote something on his clipboard and looked at the time. I was suddenly sad that he might be leaving to check on another patient.

“Ms. Turner I didn’t know you had a tattoo!” Emalia said. I jumped and looked at her. I looked at her with a sheepish smile.

“uh, yeah. I got it when I was about your age.” I told her. She looked at my back.

“they look so real! I like them.” She told me. I chuckled and thanked her. There was a knock on the door and Emmett stood with Edward. Now that I knew that Emmett was her father, I could see the fatherly authority he held over her. At first I thought it was just big brother, little sister relationship. He hugged her tightly and swung his arm around her shoulders and walked down the hall. It reminded me of when I was a teenager and I told my mother and father about getting my wings.

“it’s good to see you, Ms. Turner.” Edward said. I smiled at him. A loud bang crashed through the halls and my heart stopped and I jumped, landing on the floor. My heart pounded loudly in my chest. Pain exploded at my shoulder. I heard another bang and automatically put my hands over my head. All I could think of was the sound of the gun echoing through the class.

“its alright Ms. Turner. I’m here. Shhh. It’s okay” a voice said. I felt cold hands on my back and cheek. I leaned into the touch and was met with a stone chest. I gripped their shirt and tie and closed my eyes tightly. I heard another bang and I hurled myself closer to the body. Two marble arms wrapped around me.

~EDWARD’S POV~

I walked to Ms. Turner’s room with Emmett. I tried to shut of the voices of the patients that chattered in my head. I chuckled at something Emmett had said, in truth I wasn’t listening. I heard Emalia talking to Ms. Turner. I was hit with Carlisle’s thoughts of Ms. Turner. It was weird to say the least hearing him think about a women with such concern and passion. It reminded me when I had met Bella, and when Emmett had met Dahlia. We were now in the door way of Ms. Turner’s door and Emmett was hugging Emalia. Ms. Turner had already figured out that Emmett was Emalia’s father. I was rather surprised she figured it out so quickly.

“it’s good to see you, Ms. Turner.” I told her. She smiled at me. I looked over my shoulder barley catching the thought of someone pushing over medical shelves. The loud bang echoed through the halls. I looked back to see Ms. Turner shaking and laying on the floor. Her heart was pounding at an almost inhuman speed.

A second bang was heard and she let out a quite scream. Her thoughts hit me like a wall of bricks. I watched through her eyes of being shot by that mad man. I heard the boom from the gun like she had that day. I took a physical step back trying to get my mind out of hers. I didn’t understand how she was able to suppress that for so long.

‘ jesus, she’s so cold. It’s okay, honey, it’s okay. How could someone shoot a teacher? How could someone hurt a woman so innocent and perfect. How could-‘ I heard Carlisle’s thought’s almost as loud as hers. I opened my eyes and looked at the sight infront of me. Carlisle was holding Ms. Turner, whispering things in her ear. She was clutching his shirt crying softly. I also noticed her bandages and arm was bleeding.

I pushed back into Carlisle’s mind cerious to know how her blood was affecting him. ‘it’s so sweet, and smells like… apples and the sun. she smells like freedom.’ Carlisle thought. I could tell he was battling with himself, but it appeared the kindness in him was winning.

“Carlisle, she’s bleeding.” I told him in a soft voice. He didn’t look at me, but he did nod. I turned and walked out of the hospital.

~ SAMANTHA’S POV~

I heard Edward say something but I was to focused on the fact that I was clutching Dr. Cullen’s shirt. I felt him gently pick me up and set me back on the bed. I looked at is chisled face and saw sadness etched in his features. He gently took the bandage off and started cleaning it up.

When he began to apply pressure to my wound a let out a whimper and tried to scoot away. I looked away ashamed of myself. I felt his eyes studying my face. I finally looked at him to see his soft golden eyes watching me.

“I’m sorry, for that. I don’t really know what happened.” I told him. He locked eyes with mine and I couldn’t look away. I felt like I needed to be closer to him. To feel that safety I felt when his arms were around me.

“don’t be sorry, Ms. Turner. Nothing to be ashamed of.” He told me in a gental voice. I tried to smile at him but I felt a stray tear slide down my cheek. He lifted his hand and wiped away the tear with his thumb. He cupped my cheek with his cold hand. I found myself leaning into his touch.

“ I was so scared. i… I… I thought he had come back” I whispered with my eyes closed. I felt him hug me again. I pushed him away and chuckled slightly. “you’re going to get your shirt bloody.”

“it’s worth it. Now, let me get your shoulder bandaged.” He told me. I nodded and let him do his thing. He worked away and even put a little bow on the bandage. I giggled and thanked him.

“I’ll come check on you later.” He told me. I nodded and watched him leave. I sighed and laid my head back on my pillow. I glanced at my arm and noticed a vampire band-aid where my IV was. I giggled at the childishness of it.

2 hours later I was staring at the t.v screen. ‘A Beautiful Mind’ was playing on it. I usually love this movie and it put me into a better mood. I groaned and looked at my dinosaur stuffed animal. I smiled softly at the thought of a student taking the time to make me a knitted stuffed animal. The kind act warmed my heart every time I looked at it.

A knock on the door brought me from my thoughts. I looked up to see Dr. Cullen smiling in the door way. I took note that he looked extra handsome in his sweater and dress pants he was wearing. He walked in and held up a bag of Chinese food. I grinned at him.

“I was wondering if you’d like some company” he asked. I smiled and nodded. he sat down in the chair to my right. He handed me the bag of food. I took it gently. “I already ate, but it’s Chinese food. I hope you like it.”

“oh my gosh, Dr. Cullen. Chinese is my favorite.” I said sounding like a teenage girl talking to her first crush.

“please, call me Carlisle.”

“well then, Carlisle, Call me Sam, or Sammy, which ever you like.” I told him. He smiled and nodded.

“Sammy it is. I like that name.” he said. I giggled shamelessly.

“Carlisle, I like that name. very… elegant. Well, elegant for a man.” I said. he smiled and nodded.

“thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
god i love Carlisle. he's my favorite Cullen, well him and Emmett. they are just awesome! anyway, comment and subscribe please! i love you guys and your comments make me happy and wanna work faster to get the next chapter up.
enjoy!